Fourth of July celebration in Chicago

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Tiggs, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Tiggs

Tiggs Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  2. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They were busy at their own 4th of July parties.

Fried chicken, watermelon, and coolers full of Colt 45's

[​IMG]

NyMarkNy and smichal like this.
  3. Artie Laugh

Artie Laugh ****

Reputations:
    total of 44 shot, 8 fatally so far.....

Bye You! and smichal like this.
  4. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I think you're all missing the true tragedy here

7 of the shooting victims lived

5. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    Just another weekend, what's the point?

PI Nate and sstressed like this.
  6. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This is my town!

7. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    You can keep it........

Bye You! and sstressed like this.
  8. Slow

Slow My name is my name DawgShed News

Reputations:
    PI Nate and stash like this.
  9. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thats all true. I had the scanner on the last few nights and a couple of floaters. Chicago Rocks

10. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
  11. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    Mine too.:nocheer:

12. Shortwave98

Reputations:
  13. jubal714

jubal714 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    12 so far in Cleveland too.

Domo Cup, smichal and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  14. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's gang violence, whole other problem.....let them kill themselves, fck it.

Gusbuss and IfTheyOnlyKnew like this.
  15. IfTheyOnlyKnew

IfTheyOnlyKnew VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    10 dead, 52 injured after violent holiday weekend in Chicago
    Posted 5:52 AM, July 6, 2015, by WGN Web Desk and Tonya Francisco, Updated at 05:57am, July 6, 2015

CHICAGO — Despite stepped up police presence across Chicago, it was another violent and deadly weekend across the city.

Ten people were killed and 52 others were injured in shootings since Thursday afternoon.

The number of shootings was down from the Fourth of July weekend last year, but more people were killed.

Police superintendent Garry McCarthy called for an end to the violence, after a 7-year-old boy was among those fatalities.

Amari Brown was shot after someone opened fire just before midnight Saturday in the Humboldt Park neighborhood. He was pronounced dead early Sunday at Stroger Hospital. Relatives say the boy had been celebrating with family when he was shot.

The boy’s father, who would not speak with WGN, is a documented gang member who police said was the intended target.

This piece of garbage is refusing to cooperate with the police. Because, you know, he probably has 14 other kids with 10 other baby mammas, so what's the big deal that this one was killed. :coffee:

16. Shortwave98

Reputations:
    Every time I see one of these tributes to a dead child on the news I'm always sure they have a brother or cousin or somebody who's a gang banger who the family won't turn in.

17. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Sadly true. Why so few of these things get solved.
    And it's midnight...how bout taking your 7yo home?

18. floplop

floplop Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  19. HorsetoothBeth

HorsetoothBeth Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I was watching some Dateline on demand, and one of the commercials shows Lester Holt interviewing a ghetto mother crying that she just wants her babies to walk outside and be safe. Apparently, I'm supposed to feel sorry for her. Of course, it's up to the government to come in and clean up your shit. Take back your neighborhood, don't take shit from the little thug gangsta's, and clean it up. Create jobs. Raise your children not to suck the white devil's tit. But no, you need to cry about something and demand your reparations. Until you grow up, fuck off.

20. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Father rushed son, 7, to Chicago hospital where he died after being shot with bullet intended for him at Fourth of July party: reports
    BY Nicole Hensley
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Published: Sunday, July 5, 2015, 4:44 PM
    Updated: Sunday, July 5, 2015, 6:13 PM
    [​IMG] WGN-TV
    Amari Brown, 7, pictured holding piles of Christmas presents, was shot and killed during a Fourth of July party on Saturday night by a gunshot intended for his father.
    A bullet intended for Antonio Brown rang out amid the loud blasts of fireworks above and fatally struck his 7-year-old son outside a northwest Chicago home late Saturday.

Amari Brown died in what Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy described as a “senseless murder.”

An unidentified gunman opened fire outside the 1100 block of West Harding Avenue just before midnight as Amari played with more than a dozen children.

The shooting left Amari helpless on the sidewalk where his father, who had been standing nearby, scooped him up and jumped into the back of a car.

He held his dying boy in his lap for the five-mile car ride to a local hospital where Amari died.

[​IMG] WGN-TV
    Antonio Brown stares off in shock after his 7-year-old son died hours earlier of a bullet that was meant for him .
    “I was in the back seat, I was talking to him the whole time. I was like, ‘You cool, I know you cool,'” Brown recalled to the Tribune.

He continued to wear the white pants soaked with his son’s blood Sunday morning.

The heartbreaking tragedy quickly turned to a blame game as Chicago Police Chief Garry McCarthy flashed his frustration at a press conference and put Brown’s extensive criminal history as a high-ranking gang member on display.

Investigators tallied up 45 arrests, most a variety of gun, burglary and assault charges, for Brown. The latest was in April when he allegedly led police on a vehicle chase. He has since been out on bond for gun charges ever since, authorities said.

[​IMG]
    Previous Next
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    Enlarge WGN-TV
    The boy’s mother, Amber Hailey, cried into a pillow the morning after her son was fatally shot at a Fourth of July party.
    “Quite frankly, he should not have been on the street. This is exactly what the men and women of Chicago (police) are up against,” McCarthy said. “I’m angry, I’m frustrated that we’re here again talking about a senseless murder. This has got to stop.”

McCarthy is wary that more police officers on the street could put a stop to the streaks of violence that have plagued Chicago. He lobbied for better gun laws in Illinois citing New York's tough firearm restrictions as an example. McCarthy was NYPD's deputy commissioner of operations until 2006.

In the hours before Amari’s death, he spent his final hours playing at his grandmother’s house as relatives barbecued, according to the Chicago Tribune.

"Who would shoot a 7-year-old in the chest? Who would do that to a baby,” Vedia Hailey told the Tribune outside John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital where her grandson died.

[​IMG] WGN-TV
    Chicago Police Chief Gary McCarthy said the bullet that killed Amari was meant for the boy's father, whose extensive criminal history McCarthy showed off at a press conference and said "he should not have been on the street."
    The shooting left the boy’s grieving mother sobbing into a SpongeBob SquarePants pillow while surrounded by friends and relatives.

“I don’t know how me and my family is going to go on. My baby was everything,” Amber Hailey cried.

The shooting also wounded a 26-year-old woman who is in stable condition after being shot, authorities said.

Brown was expected to start second grade this year.

His aunt, Andrina Hailey, called Amari’s death “a waste” and pleaded on Facebook for a stop to violence.

“Please stop killing our FUTURE! All my nephew wanted was to eat candy, sneak freeze pops, laugh and dance. WHY was he murdered?” Hailey wrote. “Now he is gone too soon.”

The boy was excelling in science and loved to show off a ribbon he earned for a science project, his family told the Tribune.