'Fraggle Rock', 'Boondock Saints' actor Gerard Parkes dies at 90

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chapped, Oct 20, 2014.

1. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :tears2::tears2::tears2:

[​IMG]

Gerard Parkes, the Irish-Canadian character actor best known for playing two very different “Docs” in The Boondock Saints and Jim Henson’s show Fraggle Rock, died Sunday in a Toronto retirement home just days after his birthday, his agent confirmed to EW. He was 90.

The Dublin-born Parkes relocated to Canada in the ’50s to pursue a career in entertainment, where he would transition in and out of television, film, theater and radio across his 50-plus-year career. He appeared in a number of Canadian productions including The Forest Rangers and The Littlest Hobo, but for kids of a certain generation, Parkes will always be Doc, the lovable bespectacled inventor and sidekick to Sprocket in the North American version of Jim Henson’s muppet series Fraggle Rock, which ran from 1983 to 1987. He’d go on to reprise that role in ABC’s 1987 specialA Muppet Family Christmas.

Parkes’ gentle gruffness was on display in a variety of roles throughout the next few decades, which found him playing priests fairly often (Short Circuit 2, Mother Night, It Takes Two, and Trapped in Paradise, to name just a few). He also famously played the Tourette-afflicted bar owner in The Boondock Saints and its sequel

2. Dismember

Dismember Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Goodnight, sweet prince

blindbella and JameGumb like this.
  3. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    First Elizabeth Pena now Gerard Parkes. The trifecta of b level star deaths is almost complete.

:grad:

4. DrSublux

DrSublux Who am dis VIP

Reputations:
    Shitttttttttttttttttttttttt...............................fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

5. UpInSmoke123

UpInSmoke123 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fraggle Rock was my favorite thing in the world as a small kid. My mom tells me that I would wake up first thing in the morning every day and ask her, "Is today a Fraggle Rock day???" Doc was a boss. I'm surprised he was still alive all this time. RIP.

JustLurking likes this.
  6. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

R.I.P. tourettes-bartender.