Frampton throws away cell during show

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Morrisb, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Morrisb

Morrisb Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Rocker Peter Frampton lost his cool at a concert in Carmel, Indiana on Sunday when an unruly fan ignored his repeated requests not to film his performance on a cellphone.

The Show Me the Way hitmaker turned his back in disgust at one point but when the front row fan kept taking shots and video of the guitarist, Frampton turned and asked for the fan's phone.

Online reports on social media differ with some suggesting the rocker hurled the phone into the rafters of the concert venue, while others claim he simply tossed the device backstage and continued with his set.

Onstage Magazine's Larry Philpot, who was at the show, writes, "You could see the absolute look of desperation and frustration on Peter’s face. I have never seen an artist so upset before... and the guy in the front row (was) unrelenting - apparently with no self control, considering he’s already flipped Peter off and turned around and called the rest of the audience a bunch of deadbeats."

Philpot adds, "Peter ends the song, walks over and with a huge smile on his face bends down and says, 'Hey, can I see that? Can I see the photos you've been taking?' The guy hands him his phone and Peter stands up, spins, and flings for the rafters! Yes! The phone went flying to the back of the stage and we all erupted in cheers! With years of experience playing guitar, we just knew he had a great arm!"

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/07/peter-frampton-loses-cool-tosses-fans-cellphone-at-concert

[​IMG]

2. Lester

Lester Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why can't people just watch a concert without having to film it or take pictures the entire time?

Shamrock12, FosterKitten, Jet and 6 others like this.
  3. Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why is it that when you're videotaping, really old people refer to it as "taking pictures"?

RonHeinzkaboot likes this.
  4. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Cell phones are the new lighter...

[​IMG]

Richard Tucker likes this.
  5. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They were making pictures, Robin...

6. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    Douchebags. In the 90s, we were too busy getting loaded and smashing into each other to even think about recoding the concert.

7. Morrisb

Reputations:
    Because people are a-holes and try to make it about themselves. Same reason Beth takes a 100 selfies at shelter events.

The footage always looks like shit anyway. :cool:

8. Morrisb

Reputations:
    Look into the camera. Damn. :facepalm:

[​IMG]

9. Quite Frankly

Reputations:
    Fucking douche was probably shooting it vertical anyway, and shaking Blair Witch-style

10. rhoads80

rhoads80 EVangeLIst

Reputations:
    The cell phone epidemic at concerts is fucking ridiculous. Rock shows when I was 16 were so much better compared to now. I really noticed it when I saw Ac/dc in 2009. People in the first few rows just stood there like the statue of liberty holding their fucking phones. I saw Ozzy in 2010 in the pit front and center. I was baptized probably 3 different times that night and I think I took maybe 2 pics and that was it. He didnt seem to give a shit about the phones. The facepalm moment came when he played Mr. Crowley. Turning around and expecting to see a sea of cigarettes lighters, I see a few thousand lit cell phone screens.

11. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    One could argue that you're really old for referring to it as videotaping.

12. itsawig

itsawig Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The condensed version:
    Sycophant tongue washes celebrities asshole by wrtiting article about evil civilian not honoring amazing artist.

Mantis and RonHeinzkaboot like this.
  13. guruhugz

guruhugz Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Too late for Frampton to glue a wig on and talk about his uncle Saul.

14. Quite Frankly

Reputations:
    Meant to say "shooting video".....but yes, these fuckers recording the entirety of every concert with their cells, wtf- maybe that justifies the $100 ticket....guess I'm just a grumpy old dude like most of the rest here......

FosterKitten and AllAboutHim Ed like this.
  15. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    Or maybe reporter reporting about douchebag concert goer who violated the terms of his ticket

FosterKitten, TheWonk and kingship like this.
  16. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    I went to a concert recently, a progressive rock band that really doesn't play music you can dance to.
    Had great seats (not floor but third row balcony near the stage) and the lady in front of me turned around before the show and introduced herself and shook my hand, got my name, and said I hope you like dancing because the last concert I went to hear no one was dancing.

Now I don't mind when people dance but it is a bit much when you go to a concert, attended by mostly old people, and these broads have to get up and shake their mom jeans in front of you. It turns out it wasn't enough for her to stand up and dance in her seat, she had to dance on part of the balcony walkway where she could obstruct everyone's view. And again, it's not really danceable music. The usher made her go to an area where she was not obstructing view and she stood up and flailled her arms and grinded into her male companion (horrible barely passable dancing). Before she moved to flail, she spend at least 3 songs in her seat complaining loudly that people where not dancing and about the usher. It was distracting. More than once during a incredible semi-accoustic guitar solo she yell out the guitarist name (I don't think the guy needed that). It would have been cooler if she was passing joints. She didn't get that I bought an expensive ticket to see and listen to the band, not her.

It's so true though all you see in concerts are people videoing. I don't find that a big deal, never saw a performer get mad.
    They always have all those photographers in the front row anyway.

17. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    What do you call it then?

18. icypussy

icypussy clit finder Gold

Reputations:
  19. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Frampton is lucky anyone showed up

Fuck him

Mantis, cg256 and AllAboutHim Ed like this.
  20. beetlejosh

beetlejosh I got a head that's large Gold

Reputations:
    I'm usually too busy with my weed & alcohol to be filming shit.