News Frances Bean Cobain’s Divorce: Read Filing That Seeks To Protect $450 Million

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Limo Wreck, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    Kurt Cobain’s daughter Frances Bean Cobain has filed for divorce from her 31-year old Kurt Cobain lookalike husband Isaiah Silva, who fronts rock band The Eeries. The couple got married in June 2014, less than 2 years ago, with Cobain’s mother Courtney Love famously being snubbed from the wedding.

[​IMG]

Frances has included in her divorce docs that Isaiah should not be entitled to her dad’s estate, reportedly valued at $450 million. She indicates in the docs she’s open to paying him spousal support. They have no kids, though Silva has a child from a previous relationship. The couple’s date of separation is listed as February 24, 2016. The filing asks that all premarital assets including Cobain’s inheritance be awarded to her as separate property. Cobain’s reason for the divorce is ‘irreconcilable differences.’

RadarOnline have uploaded the divorce docs, which detail Cobain trying to protect her ‘separate property.’

“Since Petition has not yet ascertained the full nature and extent of the parties’ respective separate property, assets and debts, Petitioner will amend her Petition to include same, when determined, and/or hereafter list same on a Schedule of Assets and all of her post-separation earnings, and acquisitions, as well as her clothing, jewelry and personal effects, be confirmed and or awarded to her as her separate property plus all credits, offsets and reimbursements to which she is entitled.”

http://radaronline.com/photos/kurt-...ends-marriage-no-nirvana-money/photo/1274610/

Guacamole and ljc like this.
  2. Boomer

Boomer Who is your daddy and what does he do?

Reputations:
    I had no idea she was married. Hopefully she doesn't follow in her moms footsteps.

3. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    No prenup?

Batwings, babybear, Petal and 5 others like this.
  4. johnfreeman1

johnfreeman1 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Cough up bitch

it's paying time

5. Sloppyjoe

Sloppyjoe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    am I the only one that thinks dude looks like kurt?

6. Limo Wreck

Reputations:
    I wondered that too, I read over the docs and didnt see it mentioned anywhere. Shirley shes not that stupid...

Good to see you posting btw. :mrpeanut:

aquadog, ClintDagger, Petal and 2 others like this.
  7. DrivenByDemons

DrivenByDemons Spinoff Jesus Staff Member

Reputations:
    Hmmmm, she looks kinda cute.

Limo Wreck likes this.
  8. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    No. Their whole Kurt and Courtney lookalike thing is creepy.

9. Sloppyjoe

Reputations:

creepy is an understatement

10. You Knew!

You Knew! Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Well, no. The very first sentence refers to him as her "31 year-old lookalike Kurt Cobain husband."

11. Sloppyjoe

Reputations:
    as if I read that shit

BethsBraneCell, x76, Lemmy and 2 others like this.
  12. You Knew!

You Knew! Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That, sir, was my point.

13. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    She seems like and even bigger fool than her mom. He mom at least was a somewhat successful golddigger. I bet she wants to kill her little girl for being so reckless with the money.

And that dude is beth-level gold digging. He knew how to get her to marry him by playing to her daddy needs. :winner: I predict a nice payout.

14. MAEROZE

MAEROZE Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    WHAT??? Her mother gave Frances, her daughter, a sweet sixteen suicide themed birthday party. Two more years and Frances would be in control of her inheritance. That gave Cuntney, 16, 17, 18 enough time to establish her daughter's "depression and suicidal tendencies" that sounds familiar. Frances, by the grace of God, fully comprehended her mother's evil tendencies and gained a court ordered removal from her mother's care. At 18 I believe she was to receive control over father's estate. Getting married was probably a move towards independence. When there is that much moolah at stake I would certainly rethink my decisions.

Guacamole likes this.
  15. Outoftune

Outoftune Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What do you guys mean? He doesn't look like Kurt at all... :coffee:

[​IMG]

Guacamole and Vagineer like this.
  16. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I call bullshit on the $450M part. No way was he worth that much, and his estate hasn't made that kind of dough since he died. He had two albums that sold, and a few tours to make his money. Michael Jackson had 40 years in the industry and owned his own music as well as the catalogs for The Beatles and other bands, yet his estate was estimated at $600M at the time of his death. Cobain wasn't a shrewd businessman. And how much of his estate went to Courtney?

17. Limo Wreck

Reputations:
    Interesting read...

http://www.cnbc.com/2014/04/04/kurt-cobain-and-the-big-business-of-dead-celebs.html

18. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Kind of confusing though. On one hand, the claim is $450M. But just six years ago, Courtney signed away her part of the publishing for $50M? And another couple of million for his likeness. Then there's the part about $4.4M. Sales of albums and singles don't all end up in the estate. That money gets withered down pretty quickly while all the parties take their shares. It just seems to be very inflated to me. And why would Courtney need to sell any of it if it's raking in so much money? It's late, so maybe I'm not comprehending the article fully.

DiamondGoddess likes this.
  19. Limo Wreck

Reputations:
    @Droog If I remember correctly she obtained a massive amount of legal debt to win the Cobain material rights to begin with. Then the firm that helped her win the rights sued her not long after for owing them money. She isn't very bright when it comes to fuck money.

20. sloth22

sloth22 Active Member

Reputations:
    The $450M seems to be a gross value combining earnings, his music and likeness rights.

There's really no way to calculate what his daughter would have today. Someone just took that number and tagged it to their article.