FRED's (LACK OF) Drops....

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by floplop, Mar 3, 2012.

1. floplop

floplop Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I would have to assume that after artie left the show, and the direction changed from comedy and bit based to the boring gabfest it is now, howard must have told fred to cut back like 70% on the funny/sarcastic/poor taste drops that used to be played all during the show and news..Frankly i am not a hater of fred but my god besides forced laughter at howard's jokes what else does he do? His role has severly decreased over the last 2-3 years. I always found the drops funny especially jackies cackling laugh when a school bus of children died in a crash type of situation. All the funny shit has now been taken up by the most untalented fat black blob robin..way to kill a show..

2. PelicanBeak

PelicanBeak Shit Mult Banned User

Reputations:
    Fred pretty much left the show when Jackie did, go back on youtube and listen to how animated and active the Martian is when he's pissed at Jackie, busting on Jackie, etc.

3. Box of Rox

Box of Rox Turgid member VIP

Reputations:
    The problem (well one of them anyway way) is the "untalented blob" you speak of is their current "comedy" writer Benjy not Robin.

4. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    Fred has a timer that goes off every 55 minutes to wake him up and remind Howard that he needs to take a break soon. Then he has to stay awake for the news to give Howie his live reads and play Robin's stupid music. Then his day is over.

The end.

5. jon1972us

jon1972us Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I have thought about this too. Back on free radio the drops where funny and constant. Now they are few and far between.

6. ZeroZed

ZeroZed New Member

Reputations:
    Fred is basically retired. I would wager that he took a steep pay cut with the new contract...if Buchwald is negotiating for them individually, I'm sure he's unable to argue persuasively for Fred. Hell, Scott the Engineer probably works harder than anyone there...at least he has to stick around and help edit the reruns on H101 and the "Best Of" shows.

7. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Member

Reputations:
    And, Howard has a timer which goes off, every 5 to 10 minutes, reminding him it's time to plug AGT again. "Let's take a call..." "Oh Howard, I was at Friday's AGT taping... it was so wonderful..."

Of the group, Scott is probably the only person who works as hard now as he did 7-10 years ago.

8. Mulletude

Mulletude I'm Big In The Hate Club, Ya Know VIP

Reputations:
    Used to be a much bigger Fred fan. Win Fred's Money was good. He always added content to the show. Now, he does the Ed McMahon forced laugh. Ed somehow managed to pull it off. Fred is on cruise control.

9. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Member

Reputations:
    He learned this from Howard, who's phoning it in.

10. Napoleon V2

Napoleon V2 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Fred sucks

11. LessMoonbeams

LessMoonbeams New Member

Reputations:
    Fred is there with his VAST knowledge data base brain
    when Howie needs an authoritative answer to some problem
    or other ....his Iphone doesn't support Google. :jj:

12. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fred's drops left when Artie did. A lot of dead air happens now that would never happen in the past. The best is when Howard is thinking of what to say next. Last of a dying breed.

13. Matwiow

Matwiow Active Member

Reputations:
    Did BenBas make it over to this board? She's been ranting about Fred and his pre-senile dementia for years. I remember when ETM said that Fred was the only one who didn't say hi to Eric when he was in studio. Fred gave this whole spiel about how he had to cue up commericals and make sure everything was running smooth. He basically gave a defense of his do-nothing job.

You can even hear when Howard would expect a Fred drop. Now Howie doens't seem to care about that but he used to.

14. Funkadelic73

Funkadelic73 Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    You can always tell which drop is coming, and Howard always has to stall for Fred while he finds it. It's odd, seeing as how there's probably only 20 he uses.

15. LobsterTails

LobsterTails Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Half of the time when Howard turns to Fred for an answer he is out of the studio taking a piss.

Old folks often have these bladder problems.

16. Matwiow

Matwiow Active Member

Reputations:
    Ha, imagine one of the things we find out about after the show stops it's live run is that Fred had an enlarged prostate and was out of the studio for 25 minutes out of every hour?