Amazon Prime

Friend of the Show: Kimmel bashes Leno

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Nick Manning, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Nick Manning

Nick Manning Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  2. Sponsor

Sponsor

Reputations:

3. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
    Kimmel bashing Leno is like Howard bashing Leno.

Tiresome, very tiresome.

Get over it already!

4. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    These people that have butt hurt over some guy not getting a job title is ridiculous.

Click down two channels. It's not like everybody was deprived from Letterman's shitty brand of humor because of Leno.

5. KillVampires

KillVampires Active Member

Reputations:
    Kimmel is as big a sellout as Leno. He went from the Man Show to a network late night talk show. It is obvious that Adam Carolla was the real talent behind the Man Show. You see Kimmel hosting the Oscars or whatever? That was an abortion. The guy is simply not funny. He won't be remembered or have any legacy at all. True talents like Patrice O'Neal or Bill Hicks will live on eternally while mediocre hacks will vanish the second that they leave the airwaves.

6. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Kimmel has no class, just like Howard. His show isn't any better than Leno's - he has the same guests and asks them the same soft-ball questions. Howard slammed Leno for having Mel Gibson on his show and kissing his ass but Jimmy (who is supposedly more "edgy") did exactly the same thing. I hope his show tanks big time and he joins his buddy Howard on the list of ratings losers.

7. RockoBalbono

RockoBalbono Member

Reputations:
    Kimmel will always be known as the guy behind Leno and Letterman in the ratings. Big fucking deal about his new time slot, nobodys watching any of this shit anyways. Dummies.

8. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yahoo had a poll on their home page earlier this week asking people whether they like Leno or Letterman better. Last time I checked, Leno was ahead 55% to 45%. Today they're asking whether people are fans of Leno or Kimmel and Leno is winning by 10% (most people voted for NEITHER).

9. Icculus

Icculus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Jimmy desperately trying to please daddy.

People should be forced to read The War for Late Night before opening their mouths.

10. Howards Wig

Howards Wig Active Member

Reputations:
    It seems odd for Kimmel to critique Leno's stand up, given Leno is pretty much one of the top 10 stand ups of all time, and Kimmel never was.

As for Letterman, he has played the martyr well but he also negotiated himself out of the job. As Leno has shown, he does not put money above everything. That just drives wiggy nuts.

11. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I love Leno only because Howwig hates Leno. Leno is the anti Howard. He collects cars and drive them, he is generous with his staff and he is a hard worker.

12. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Howard hasn't been a good show host in 20 years," he cracks. Later, he explains that Howard used to be funny but has lost his way.
    "As a radio guy, you can't not have disdain for what he's done,: Kimmel says. "He totally sold out. He was a master chef who opened a Burger King."

13. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I wouldn't be surprised if Howard told Kimmel to say this stuff. He only talks like that when he's around Howard, I remember hearing an interview with Adam Carolla where someone asked him about Kimmel disliking Leno. Adam seemed genuinely surprised and said he's never heard Kimmel say anything like that.

14. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    You guys are humorless and on crack, Kimmel is very funny and very edgy, show me Leno slamming anyone ever.

15. Turkeyneck

Turkeyneck Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    I've never understood the appeal of Jimmy Kimmel. he's boring, does shitty interviews and just seems way out of his league.

16. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Who did Kimmel ever slam? The only people i've seen Letterman be hostile to was Paris Hilton... really walking on a limb there. :rolleye:

17. JB50

JB50 Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    Kimmel seems like a frat boy douche bag. Whenever I hear about something him and his "uncle Sal" have done I get douche chills.

18. Howard103

Howard103 New Member

Reputations:
    AFAIK Jimmy isn't a stand-up. Anyways everyone in Hollywood is selling themselves, the question is what they think their dignity/self-respect is worth. Leno is just a better salesman than Jimmy.

19. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
    I must say that you are right.

20. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    Yes, that would be a much more accurate quote. :up:

I don't blame Kimmel for bad-mouthing Leno for two reasons:

he's always been a huge Letterman fan, and Leno basically publicly sodomized Letterman

going from "3 calls a week" to "absolute silence' does seem quite asshole-ish to me

But Leno seems like a genuinely nice and generous person............................unless you're standing between him and what he wants. Then, you're rattlesnake-fucked.

Leno played the late night game better than anybody, but I think he's the least funny out of him, Letterman, and Kimmel. Letterman's a tortured suit, but Leno gleefully hops into the suit. Kimmel's like the funny kid at the rich family's kid's table.

I do love Leno's garage, his generosity, the way he'll give a leg up to various stand-ups, the way he fucked Howard out of Stuttering John, and the way Carolla can catch a ride back to LA with Leno on Jay's private jet. Imagine Howard in that scenario and tell me Howard wouldn't ask for gas money and for Adam to sign a notarized statement saying that Adam "owed him".

You can actually measure the humanity-distance between Leno and Howard by their dealings with Carolla: one fixed Adam's classic car and gave him a ride home on his private jet, one tried to Jew him down to the point of Adam not taking a job with him.

21. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    i don't think leno is that funny, but i don't understand how he 'sold out', he does the same bland humor that he's always done