From The Best Education Money Can Buy..... USA Worse Then ISIS!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, Oct 8, 2014.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    VIDEO: Harvard students claim America is a bigger threat to peace than ISIS

Caleb Bonham Editor-in-chief on Oct 07, 2014 at 5:42 PM EDT

• Students at Harvard University claimed America is a bigger threat to world peace than the radical terrorist organization ISIS.
    • ISIS began as an al-Qaeda splinter group and gained worldwide notoriety for their public executions of journalists, crucifixions, bombings, and beheadings.
    [​IMG]

Students at Harvard University claimed America is a bigger threat to world peace than the radical terrorist organization ISIS (the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant) during a series of interviews at the prestigious Cambridge university.

“American imperialism and our protection of oil interests in the Middle East are destabilizing the region and allowing groups like ISIS to gain power,” said one student.

“As a western civilization we’re to blame for a lot of the problems that we’re facing now,” one student said. “I don't think anyone would argue that we didn't create the problem of ISIS, ourselves.”

“We are, at some level, the cause of it,” said another student.

According to CNN, ISIS began as an al-Qaeda splinter group that rules in accordance with Sharia law. The radical Islamic group gained worldwide notoriety for its public executions of journalists, crucifixions, bombings, and beheadings.

ISIS announced the creation of an Islamic state (caliphate) this past summer and proceeded to remove all state borders as part of seizing authority over the world’s estimated 1.5 billion Muslims.

Nemo likes this.
  2. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The students at UC Berkeley in the 60's make these kids look like Girl Scouts.

Oh, and now they are the ones in charge.:facepalm:

Nemo and Birddog like this.
  3. Phan Neepack

Phan Neepack Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Then ISIS, what ???

ScottBaiosPenis likes this.
  4. Birddog

Birddog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They are the ones teaching these dumb fucks!!

5. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I didn't watch the video but I get the gist.
    College kids are notoriously stupid. Nothing new.

Not to say the U.S. military industrial complex doesn't create resons to go to war.
    But to say that we're worse than ISIS is idiotic.

RenchFries and Turtle Man like this.
  6. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    Perhaps true on a limited level, but a point that, when viewed in context, is rendered rather insignificant given the vastly greater number of reasons the U.S. military creates which compel nations not to go to war.

7. Head Censor

Reputations:
    Oh, and Harvard is far from the "best education" - just an expensive education.

8. Mojopin

Mojopin Resplendent in his frock VIP

Reputations:
    20 year old American people don't know anything. I don't care where they go to school.

reno, RenchFries and kicksave7 like this.
  9. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I see your point, and I'm sure the U.S. does play some roll as a deterrent to the world's assholes.
    But America also has a long and sordid history of arming one faction or another around the world for whatever the reason at the time seemed prudent. With all too often disasterous results.
    I'm pretty sure that's what these idealistic doe-eyed college kids are referring to.

cg256 and DuckDong like this.
  10. kicksave7

kicksave7 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So true...I have three kids that were 20 at one time and they were complete assholes until they were 25.

RenchFries and Mojopin like this.
  11. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Just puking back up what they heard last week

But there is some truth to the fact that if we were not dependent on the region for oil. They wouldn't have the money to be acting like this

12. Bosch76

Bosch76 2016 Politics POTY Gold

Reputations:
    “I don't think anyone would argue that we didn't create the problem of ISIS, ourselves.”

Isn't this what the right wing has been saying? It's all Obama's fault?

So which is it?

13. slats7

slats7 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    we dot go to war with p countries
    [​IMG]

AmishGirl likes this.
  14. Head Censor

Reputations:
    No question, this specific brand of America bashing is popular on many college campuses. But more often than not, such criticisms are so reliant upon such hindsight as to be bordering on the meaningless.

Throughout all of recorded history, conflicts have arisen amongst lesser states within a more powerful nation's sphere of influence. And it has long been a natural tendency for the regional power to attempt to influence the outcome of the conflict in a way that is most beneficial to their own national interests. There is nothing about this that is particularly hard to understand or evil and the U.S. is far from unique in wielding such influence. In fact, a much stronger case could be made that any government who didn't attempt to influence their regional affairs would be derelict in their duties.

The problem, of course, comes in the fact that our world is a dynamic, rather than a static, one. And a group that was the lesser of two evils at one point, might well evolve into a far more dangerous entity decades later. I imagine we could each come up with a laundry list of examples that bear this out without too much trouble. Nevertheless, it seems extremely naive to me to adopt the position that these unfortunate consequences can be completely avoided, or that we should engage in gratuitous bouts of self flagellation on those occasions when complications later arise.

15. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Fuck. These. Kids.

PI Nate likes this.
  16. Head Censor

Reputations:
    The criticisms I've heard have been more along the lines of wondering why Obama didn't move sooner to nip ISIS in the bud, rather than lecture us about how they're the "junior varsity" of islamofascist terrorist organizations.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
    cia212 likes this.
  17. doytch

doytch Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Harvard fag idiots like unmakeup lesbian dumbo ear cunt in this which is video is dumb and she can forever be a happy she feels guilt for blacks with ebolas and gays with aids. this I can not agree with

18. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    As Howard would say, "You've said it all".

19. The Snork

The Snork Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Just for that I 'm all into reinstating the draft!

20. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    The biggest thing I learned in college is that most people in there don't know what's really going on, and have opinions that are very strong, but mostly retarded. The smartest guy I've been in class with was a 30-something plumber, who decided he wanted to get an education. He made more sense than pretty much anyone else, including the people who were on their way to get a Master's degree.

20% of the people in this world are pretty much retarded until they reach 25 or so. The rest stays that way until they die.