fuck directtv

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethsZygote, Sep 19, 2012.

1. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    There ad says $39.99 per month

then the told me it would be $83 a month ( i added nothing), but they would offer me a $15 rebate if i signed up for autopay and signed up for their rebate (im on the phone with you assholes, why do you need me to take another step for rebate).

THEN they said the bill would be over $90 after the first year.

This is without HBO, Showtime, etc, just their package and 3 tvs.

the bitch on the phone actually suggested i might get rid of a tv after the first year, to help lower the bill

I asked her if "i should take it to the pawn shop, since everybody buys TVs and then decides to get rid of them after a year".

Hung up on the retard :c

2. Keyless Chuck

Keyless Chuck Barely a VIP

Reputations:
  3. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    Plus, if you are a fan of Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Justified, etc., DirectTV does NOT offer AMC or FX. DirectTV is owned by Howard's new boss, John Malone (Liberty Media).

4. IHateHoward2

IHateHoward2 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I think it's the other way around (dish doesn't offer them...or at least that's the ads directv kept running during breaking bad). I don't even know if they mean on the basic programming tier, or at all.

DirecTV does an outstanding job, put you will pay out the ass. It's really how much you value tv watching and other things (at least up until recently directv owned exclusive rights to MLB packages and other content so for me, at the time, it was a no brainer)

5. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I get all my shows from here. :jj:

[​IMG]

Fuck the overpriced networks.

6. FCCstandards

FCCstandards Non-Essential Salooner VIP

Reputations:
    I have comcast, it's pricey, but ondemand is great.

7. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    directv has both, in HD as well.

not sure what you are thinking here.

8. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    I stand corrected - you are right. I think Directtv customers could have/did lose some other channels....
    http://consumerist.com/2012/07/dire...v-nickelodeon-others-tonight-at-midnight.html

9. baby booie

baby booie Active Member

Reputations:
    seriously, if it's good shows you're after, just use torrents. tv is pretty useless except for live sports

10. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I went with comcast after dropping dish over the AMC thingy.....Went with them for On demand and no contract....But here are some draw backs to comcast ie. Equipment is not as advanced as Dish/Direct, But the tech that strung us up told us that comcast is fixing to release a modem based system that will blow the competition away.......

11. FCCstandards

FCCstandards Non-Essential Salooner VIP

Reputations:
    I never believe any cable/sat/dish commercials, when they talk prices it's all bullshit.

12. IHateHoward2

Reputations:
    yea, that one was settled after a week or so, so now they're back....

but as to what the other posters say. You can get a lot of content online now. There are other ways to do things on the cheap compared to directv. so you are paying for the convenience and the extra features, and knowing that everything works well. But you are PAYING...a LOT.

13. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    way ahead of you

ive got (3) 3tb harddrives full of my favorite TV shows, movies, war documentaries. Ok, maybe its only 7tb full, but its a lot.

im thinking the bar for MNF, will probably be cheaper :c

14. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    I've got Comcast. We used to have quite a few problems, but it's gotten better. They also just added a bunch of new HD channels.

15. shabadoo25

shabadoo25 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Directv rocks. After you've been a customer for awhile, you can call up, threaten to cancel and get big discounts to stay.

Cable blows.

16. nicksgt

nicksgt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've had DirecTV for probably 15 years now and you are absolutely right..it gets costly, but overall I have always been happy with the service.

I have 6 tv's, 3 dvr's and i get the football and baseball packages, so all year round i am paying for one or the other. My bill averages around $190 a month, just for tv service, no phone or internet bundle..what kills me is the way they charge $5.99 for each of the TV's. I get no movie channels or anything special other than those two sports packs..what really kills me is that period in late summer when i pay for both baseball and football and my bill comes out to about $250 a month

17. IHateHoward2

Reputations:
    umm, to all those directv customers who aren't already using/aware, call in and ask for the wireless connection kit (I'm assuming a lot of us now have home wireless).

It's free, takes 2 minutes to install, and it'll give you expanded content (youtube, pandora, fb, local weather, sports team specific & other apps)....i installed yesterday and it works perfectly streaming youtube (that's really the only thing i wanted it for). i could give two fucks about all that other stuff like i need :shit:facebook:shit: on my tv

18. nicksgt

Reputations:
    i thought you had to be an $80 device from them to get that?

19. IHateHoward2

Reputations:
    nope, you should be able to get for free. I think they used to charge.

20. nicksgt

Reputations:

are you talking about the cinema connection kit? I just checked the site and it still shows as $80? Or is there something else i should ask for, i do need that for one of our DVR's that is a ways away from our router

also this reminds me one thing that is pissing me off is the DirecTV Everywhere App...it's totally fucking useless..watch DirecTV anywhere you go as long as you are on the same WiFi network as your primary receiver...they show people in their ads going places and watching tv, they dont tell you how limited it is