Fuck it, May as well tell you about Charter Cable

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by gwartney, Nov 19, 2012.

1. gwartney

gwartney Unafilliated Gold

Reputations:
    For anyone contemplating subscribing to Charter services, I'm not having such a great time.

A tech came out on Sept 28 and diagnosed my TV problem as needing 400' of feeder line replaced. It would take 4 weeks

I wrote a letter to Charter corp reminding them of their obligation a week or so later.

On November 13, I called Charter's corporate Escalation line. This is the special line where they take extra care of customers who have had terrible service and an awful experience. I spoke with Keena and told her that the 4 weeks were up and I even gave them an extra 2 weeks. There is also the little matter of me needing credit for not having TV. Keena, of the special corporate escalation line, told me that she would get back with me by November 15 with a resolution and credit.

November 15 came and went. Keena, of Charter cable's corporate Escalation line did not bother to call me back. I had even given her two telephone numbers to reach me 24 hours a day.

I called Charter cable's corporate Escalation line again today and spoke with a gentleman about my problem. He may be very concerned with me but the only thing he is able to do is schedule me a Trouble Call for Wednesday, Nov 21. In case you don't know, A trouble call dispatches a tech who is trained to troubleshoot inside wiring problems and little else. If he can't fix the problem, he sets up an SRO, which is what I already had on Sept 28.

So, it looks like I'm going to have to sit at home on Wednesday so they can waste a trip out here to determine that the Trouble call tech can't finish it, then he will schedule an SRO, which, by the way, has no appointment time. It's basically when they can get around to it. It took three days the last time this happened and that was only because I called and raised heck several times a day.

Bottom line, I have no TV except for rabbit ears. Charter is in no way going to have this fixed for Thanksgiving, a heavy TV watching day at my house.

Does anybody think Charter appreciates me or even wants me as a customer?

2. Kanye West

Kanye West Yeezus!

Reputations:
    didnt read :dancin:

3. hidden dragon

hidden dragon the princess of darkness Staff Member

Reputations:
    Charter Cable sucks.

They suck no matter what part of the counrty they're in.

4. gwartney

Reputations:
    You sonofabitch!

5. gwartney

Reputations:
    I just the same story in DSLreports.com Any other place I should be posting this?

6. BearShit

BearShit BearShit + Tom Hardy = BFF

Reputations:
    this :cheer:

7. gwartney

Reputations:
    I don't think either of you can really read!!

8. BearShit

BearShit BearShit + Tom Hardy = BFF

Reputations:
    That's racist

9. stripes

stripes Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    that really blows especially on a holiday now the family has to get drunk & fight all day.

10. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    Charter Cable was always a lot of fun. A past company I worked at was receiving a DOS from a Charter residential IP in the Atlanta area. 3 days talking to Charter about blocking the offending residence did no good so that Friday we added Charter's class C networks to our incoming firewalls. Charter customers in Atlanta (we didn't have that many non-commercial customers there anyways) could not access their online accounts. Sunday Charter suddenly wanted to work with us to correct the DOS issue.

11. Schmoopy

Schmoopy Shit Mult Hunter

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

12. HeinousMark

HeinousMark Creepy-Ass Cracka VIP

Reputations:
    I thought there was FIOS in your area? Just be happy you don't have SuckinLink....that's the only option here, besides Satellite.....

13. gwartney

Reputations:
    I don't think anyone in my neighborhood has Charter. There is nobody within my Wireless router's capability that has charter. I would think people would be blowing their stack. I know I'm on the very end of the system and there is no other customer on my tap but you'd think 400 feet would affect some other customers.

14. wicked smaaaht

wicked smaaaht New Member

Reputations:
    Exactly :dancin2:

What's up babycakes?

15. beatlejaws

beatlejaws nowhere poster

Reputations:
    so does Cox

16. gwartney

Reputations:
    Oh this is great. A street divides me between North Richland Hills and Keller. Keller has FiOS and NRH doesn't. I can see the pedestal that I could run my fiber line to my house but i can't have service.

To make matters worse, ATT Uverse advertises heavily in my neighborhood. I've had them out twice and both times they say I'm too far away from their hub or whatever it is that they call it. They promised me a couple years ago that they would do line doubling or something like that and be able to serve me but they haven't done it yet.

I am looking into Direct TV but I hate to commit for two years and have that ugly dish streetside on my house.

17. gwartney

Reputations:
    Of all the people to not read my thread, Wicked is the last one I thought wouldn't read it. I hope you read the how to save lives threads.

18. wicked smaaaht

Reputations:
    I read it. I feel your pain, we have Comcast monopoly over here. Its a sham!

19. wicked smaaaht

Reputations:
    :jj: I will take a picture of a shit hole apartment building with 20 dish on them. All installed in a nest!

20. HeinousMark

HeinousMark Creepy-Ass Cracka VIP

Reputations:
    Oh yeah....I had SWB/ATT DSL for years in Dallas, and WHEN it worked, it was slow as molasses....I called and called and emailed and called....They said I was the last connection on the line from RedBack 7, or some gobbledegook, and the lines were also out dated, so they could not provide the GUARANTEED service speeds....and would not update the cables or anything..... I finally went to cable, and it was much better....

Where I live now it's a shitty monopoly, and I've had the same problems you describe with getting them to fix shit, especially in a timely manner. Several months ago I went crazy and started emailing and phoning every office, and my local branch, repeatedly, for days on end, and finally got THAT problem resolved. The real cherry on top was, during one of the first times a "cable-guy" came out and I described the problem to me, he said "look, I'm not supposed to tell you this, but your area has a faulty such-and-such switch, I just had to reset it yesterday." Then he told me that my area had fewer customers, so the company wouldn't sign off on replacing the defective equipment. Knowledge is power. ;)

I'm really a non-confrontational pussy, but from then on, whenever I called "customer dis-service", and they started in with the inevitable "We're sorry for any inconvenience you're having, my name is Najibahwazzzellllllah, and lets begin by cycling your modem...:" I fucking cut loose on them and told them to transfer me up a few notches. Fucking pisses me off that so many companies/service providers seem to be set up that way, just send the complaints off to the other side of the planet, literally, and ignore them.....but that damn billing department never misses a beat......:mad: