"Fuck My Fans!"

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Morrisb, May 10, 2012.

1. Morrisb

Morrisb Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "I don't give a shit what they want."

Teasing on here is one thing. Howard genuinely means it and some people STILL defend the show. I don't get it. :dontknow:

2. SiriusDawg

SiriusDawg New Member

Reputations:
    I listen most mornings because frankly....I have nothing better to listen to.

I can't stand most of the sports people in the mornings....and Stern as terrible as he is...is still something to just listen to while I drive an hour and a half to work

The show is shit. He is shit. Robin has always been shit.

3. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits Gold

Reputations:
    just wait until Howard puts through some juggler instead of the magician everybody wanted in the finals of AGT...he'll have to shit on his new AGT fans.

4. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    i really dont care what he thinks of the fans, i just care that the show is unfunny and boring.
    i actually used to like it when howard would yell at a fan to stop listening

5. Popeye Saavedra

Popeye Saavedra Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I stopped listening on a regular basis 15 years ago. Fuck Howard.

6. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I don't care what he says - at this point the HSS is more on par with the Magic Hour than the old HSS. This does show what a company man he is - instead of listening to find out what paying customers want, he tells them to take their business elsewhere.

7. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    Agreed, it was funny back when the show was funny, now not so much

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  8. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Because the blind followers (Bobo, Maryanne, Mutt, Jeton) feel that Howard is talking about "haters". They'd never do anything to displease their Messiah, so they're null and void from his insults.

9. Morrisb

Morrisb Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What Popeye and Larry said..It was funny at first when he'd tell people to fuck off. Now, it's a paid service. Stakes are higher. People get fucked over financially as well.

10. gthmbt

gthmbt Active Member

Reputations:
    Howard proves daily that he is as thin skinned as it comes.

11. Mister Joshua

Mister Joshua New Member

Reputations:
    Fuck that Jew

12. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    I think way more people are taking him up on his offer now.

13. dr retarded

dr retarded New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I wish he'd go back to terrestrial to get slaughtered by sports,news and weather and morning zoos. The way he failed in Chicago,Dallas and elsewhere would be common. I'd love for NYC to break the habit and issue the death blow.

14. ZeroZed

ZeroZed New Member

Reputations:
    What remains unspoken is the pure disdain Howard must have for the history of his own show. Because saying "fuck my fans" is tantamount to saying that what they want (i.e. him to do the show like he used to) is garbage. We've all noted that Howard is currently making his big power-play to "make it" with mainstream audiences...but I believe one of the main reasons he's moved in that direction is that in his old age he's disgusted by what he used to put on the air. What we consider his golden years, he's embarrassed by.

Maybe it's age, a change in values, or the influence of his Pittsburgh Pollack Pony. Whatever it is, I suspect he cringes when he listens to tapes of Billy West screaming "Reggie" or hears himself talking about "fags," etc.

15. jackieavenger

jackieavenger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    well said!

as i've heard him "evolve" over the past few years, i've thought pretty much the same thing. How could a man who made such great, controversial radio be happy now doing nothing more than this current pop culture bullshit. It wouldn't make a difference unless he has changed completely. The three biggest factors for this change are his becoming a manhattanite, his asshole therapist, and beth. all three sources were disgusted with the man who made great radio and have succeeded into making him the girlie man he is today. the whole irony with howard's situation is that if he gave his audience this bullshit show in the beginning, he would only be successful on npr.

16. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Shit, I wouldn't want to hang the twilight years of my career on those four numbnuts. I hope Howard has invested his marbles wisely.

17. Vdrummer35

Vdrummer35 Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    yes howcie is paying off alison plus will be paying off beff o & bought more shit than he will ever know what to do with.
    howcie will be called howcie hughs before long.

18. Senator Rick

Senator Rick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It really was funny back in old days. Right up until the show stopped being entertaining and I began identifying with the callers phoning in to complain about the show.

19. Hamburglar

Hamburglar New Member

Reputations:
    What he has done over his career, has served its purpose. He is financially set. He feels no loyalty to the paying fans who made that happen - this must be clear to even the dim-witted. Times change, and now Howard wants to reinvent himself. This will be difficult, because new Howard is so contrary to Old Howard.

20. Bababaloney

Bababaloney Fudge Packer Banned User

Reputations:
    As much as I agree that the show is a shell of what it once was, Stern is absolutely right in his statement regarding THSS...It has always been about what Howard is interested in. I really think that was the point he was trying to make...

Oh, and your claim that the "stakes are higher" because of $13.00 a month??? Whoa, whoa, whoa...Stop the clock...

[​IMG]