Fuck NBC, Fuck NBC, Fuck NBC

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by somedude61, Aug 5, 2012.

1. somedude61

somedude61 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sitting here watching the Olympics and there is like a fucking hour of beach volley ball. Meanwhile no news or coverage of the other 20 or so events happening at the same time. NBC's Olympic coverage sucks hard. How is this related to Howard...You may ask. Howard now works for the fucks at NBC and his shitty AGT show is just another line of absolutely shitty production by NBC.

Now back to bitching about NBC Olympic coverage. And in particular beach volleyball. Could the American chicks be any more unattractive? And could that sport be any more boring?

2. SleepingWarrior

SleepingWarrior Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Ummmm because few here care about the whole host of shitty events the Olympics put in? Wanna talk boring watch a shooting competition, table tennis or badminton.

3. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    Because they hired Wiggy. Then yes I agree . . .

4. guruhugz

guruhugz Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    NBC should apologize to everyone for their huge fail on the Olympics.

5. Lou Skunt

Lou Skunt ____________________ Banned User

Reputations:
    Hey it's a slow build. :eek:

6. Murphy

Murphy mglw'nafh fhthagn-ngah VIP

Reputations:
    I'm just pissed that they have a long-term contract for the Olympics and so they know they don't have to put out good product.

Not unlike a certain wigged wonder. :bigthink

7. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's the Vaginapics. Almost every event they show on NBC is the one with women. I remember the Olympics in the sixties ABC focused on men's weightlifting. The viewing audience has totally changed. It's all women. I enjoy some of the women events but do we really need women's water polo. Except for the rare exposed breast does anyone care. The women's marathon was decent in the morning because it was a close race between 3 of the participants. NBC barely gives anytime to the classic Olympic events which go back to ancient Greece. Shot Put, Discus, Hammer throw and Javelin. You can go online and watch every event. The sad thing most people think the Olympics is whatever the NBC Network shows them. How many people watch MSNBC, CNBC, USA Network, the NBC Sports Network for the other sports. All NBC cares about is ratings. What they are doing works. They might as well use Oprah and Ellen to pick what sports are shown on NBC.

8. Murphy

Murphy mglw'nafh fhthagn-ngah VIP

Reputations:
    Meh, I like the so-called "boring" sports. Water Polo, rowing, fencing, judo- those all interest me FAR more than track & field, gymnastics and swimming. The only "big" sport I watch is the footie, since the basketball is rather predictable.

9. shani3

shani3 Active Member

Reputations:
    Earlier this afternoon on the west coast, they aired the track and field events, and Al Michaels kept blathering on about how NBC will carry the gold medal round of men's tennis (Murray vs. Federer) "Live--following track and field; stay tuned!" Only problem was, just one hour earlier, NBC had announced that Murray won the gold medal and even aired the medal ceremony.

NBC's coverage has been a huge clusterfuck.

10. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm more fascinated with Costa and Michael's bad dye jobs than any of the actual sports. When the fuck did it not become ok to age gracefully when all you are is a goddamn sports reporter?

11. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    the swimmers are steamy.

12. Kaii

Kaii Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Women's beach volleyball is the most watched event over the past couple of Olympics, what's not to like.

This whole Olympics which was supposed to have a positive effect on London is running at a loss of about £10 billion, no one outside of London gives a shit. Even thepeople of London are pissed of their taxes were used to fund this shit, a poll was done on talksport radio asking if you could go back in time would you host the Olympics, the overwhelming result was no

13. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    NBC has a few channels showing different sporting events

14. urbanshocker

urbanshocker New Member

Reputations:
  15. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    for events like those, they should split the screen into 3 or 4 parts and show Badminton, table tennis and shooting, all at the same time. That might keep my attention for 3 minutes. :jj:

16. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Ask Jane Pauley, Katie Couric and most recently, Ann Curry.

17. Groucho Marx

Groucho Marx Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    NBC spent a lot of money on this dumb shit, and now they are just selling what sells. We may want to actually see the olympics, but the average viewer in that 40 million person pot wants to see young, wet bitches.

18. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    *The more you know

NBC must not see tv

19. Morrisb

Morrisb Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I wanted to watch for basketball. But like Robin says, events are all over the place.

20. chadp1234

chadp1234 New Member

Reputations:
    i think they have all the other events on their sister stations (cnbc, bravo, nbc sports, msnbc, webstream on nbc.com, etc). and it's on "live", so it's on during the daytime w/ the time difference.

they play the ratings winners on NBC in prime time. and beach volleyball with the skimpy bikinis draws the male demo.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012