Fuck this "sick" horseshit

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by looptax, Feb 10, 2014.

1. looptax

looptax New Member

Reputations:
    I am entirely empathetic when it comes to mental illness & addiction, especially in light of Hoffman, but Artie is such a liar about his recovery - writing "I'm better!" books etc. - that it's utterly insulting. Does anyone have a count on his sick days? Fuck you, you fraudulent liar. It was endearing once, but I'm done.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  2. ronaldjacobs123

ronaldjacobs123 Member

Reputations:
    "Hi this is jon ritchie with maggie gray"

*turns off tv*

3. neckbeard

neckbeard New Member

Reputations:
    Unfortunately, it's hard to argue with you.

4. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Thanks for the heads up. I can save some bandwidth.

Funny, just last week the unerring Dr. Drew Pinkey-Swore that Artie was doing great, since it had been almost eight entire months since his last admitted relapse.

The man's never stopped ingesting anything, and it's sad. I've said it before, I used to care about him but he's trained me not to. He's still funny and I'm here for the ride.

5. WellFedMcMahon

WellFedMcMahon New Member

Reputations:
    The least they could do was get someone funny to take Artie's place, I think Ritchie has the boring side of it covered already. I lasted 3 minutes before I had to give up tonight.

6. TenPoints

TenPoints New Member

Reputations:
    Yep... He was just talking about his TWO relapses since coming back from the big one. What a jerk off. I think he is approaching 10 sick days since I started watching 14 months ago. Over half of them were on Mondays..... That's peculiar isn't it? Must have been on a monster binge bender over the weekend. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this guy will ruin what's left of his career. I hate to say it, cuz Iove the guy. That said, enough is enough. I think I am done wasting time on him. I don't feel like being another one of the people in his life that he will let down.
    He doesn't give a shit, I can't count how many times he has mentioned non-renewal of the show.
    Maggie made a comment as the opening screen shot panned down on her and JR, and before they were aware they were Mic'd. She said "thank god I picked up the phone" .. So they must have been scrambling to find someone to Cohost tonight. Fucking pathetic.

7. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Maybe he couldn't stomach having to praise the media's new gay hero for three hours tonight?

Or maybe he's leaning against a wall with a lit cigarette in his hand snoring right now

8. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He sure felt good enough to tweet out awful goddamn Wahlburgers shit this afternoon. What a lazy fuck.

9. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Huh, and those two days they told Mike Blobchetti to stay home because " Artie is sick" but he ended up on air anyway. Not a fresh development it would seem.

10. Death Smack

Death Smack Active Member

Reputations:
    Artie had to go put in an application to get his longshoreman job back, it may be his only shot at employment in a few more months
    I sure as hell hope that if Artie goes through with this "Marriage" that he gets an "Iron Clad" prenup, hell if there is anything such as an "Iron Clad" prenup in Joisey?

11. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    I'm not entirely convinced he's back on the horse again and that's why he's out. But, perhaps having Dr. Drew on wasn't such a good idea; if he did relapse, it is most likely due to his guest spot last Thursday. Maybe associating with Howard and his time on the show really is a major trigger for Art. He seems to be fine talking about gambling on a daily basis. Who knows...

12. ronaldjacobs123

ronaldjacobs123 Member

Reputations:
    artie loves missing monday's alrightttt

13. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

14. ronaldjacobs123

ronaldjacobs123 Member

Reputations:
    if they couldn't get anyone else Bocchetti needs to step up and take the reigns.

15. jonmac20

jonmac20 Active Member

Reputations:
    He probably is using again or maybe hes just lazy and knows he can do this and still get paid. O well i'm at the point where listing to old nick and artie shows are way more entertaing then the artie lange show. At least till direct tv gets rid of bochetti ritchie and the god awful guests.

16. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Artie must think his fans are a bunch of retards the way he constantly proclaims to be clean (only two relapses, yeah right). And he wrote a book about his "recovery". I'm glad I didn't waste my money buying that book of BS. Oh well, at least Nick has a new podcast out.

17. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Again, he NEVER STOPPED. Saying you're clean and having interesting recovery stories is What Artie Does. We certainly learned this back on Stern. I hope the guy lives. Not sure how many burning crashes he could have left in him.

edit: not necessarily heroin

18. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Yes and no. For the record she said that on-air, after Ritchie did the intro, so it wasn't a surprise live mic at all, going by the podcast. I stopped after the Bocchetti "announce". No need for self torture; I have plenty of other podcasts to commute by.

19. remdeprived

remdeprived Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Esther Ku goofing on Ritchie for being brain dead was kind of amusing.

20. Artiessobriety

Artiessobriety Active Member

Reputations:
    This

Artie is one of the people I admire most in this world and I used to hate hearing about his relapses but the man is a tortured soul and will never change. It'd be pointless to worry about his health. I'm going to enjoy him for as long as he's around, which will hopefully be a while.