Funny Interaction With Sirius Customer Care

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Bob Loblaw, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Had one of my radios up for renewal so I called to cancel. Sounded like I was talking to a girl from India. She asked why I was canceling and I told her I originally got the service to listen to Howard but he isn't on live much anymore.
    We did the usual back and forth bartering from $90 a year to $70 a year and then she said exactly, "I understand that you are canceling because Howard Stern doesn't work any more, would you be willing to pay $20 for six months to try out our other stations?" :D:D:D:D

I laughed and took the offer. So funny to hear some girl in India say that Howard doesn't work any more.

2. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    I wonder if the people in customer service that are probably working for a dollar a day in some rat infested hole in Mumbai know that Howie makes $166,000 an hour.

3. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  4. Just Peachy

Just Peachy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I had one bad experience with them when they overcharged my credit card. I went around in circles with this lady, I swear she was trying to confuse me so I'd drop it. I finally got it rectified but now I watch the billing like a hawk.

Last month, though, I had them activate it in my car and of course the guy couldn't have been sweeter. (Money coming in, you see ;) )

5. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    :hhh:
    [​IMG]

6. GaryPuppet

Reputations:
    Peggy my ass! Your name is something like Shwarma, or Vandana or Padma you lying bitch, lol

And while we're at it, are you one company or two?

7. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    :ulol:

8. RiotGrip

RiotGrip New Member

Reputations:
    If they can document xx% of all cancelations are because of his lax schedule, that will hurt his lawsuit, and potentially embarrass him if and when they bring it out as evidence. That would be really funny.

9. floplop

floplop Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I also got the 6 month deal for like 30 bucks...its worth that..not much else..i do enjoy the music and being able to hear the news so even without howard its worth something..radio blows anyway

10. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Now that I think about it you might be right. It was really weird at the end because she started reading me an obvious scripted thing.
    It went something like this: (after I gave my payment information)
    Just to clarify our discussion today, you called to cancel one of your subscriptions today because you originally signed up for Howard Stern and you don't hear him as much as before?
    YES
    I offered you 6 months of service for $23 to let you listen to our other programming?
    YES
    This includes royalty fees.
    OK
    You know that you must call and cancel or you will be billed for another 6 months automatically?
    YES

I wonder if perhaps they are collecting recordings of disgruntled Stern fans.

11. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Pandora

12. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Would it really be to their advantage to cite a huge number of listeners who find no value in SiriusXM with Stern gone?

13. RiotGrip

RiotGrip New Member

Reputations:
    It may hurt his case if people were citing less work time and a worse show, while he is asking for a big bonus. Also, from a publicity standpoint, the last thing Howard would ever want was people to know SirusXM is experiencing mass cancelations because fans are dissapointed with the current state of the show.

14. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    It would never be huge though, first of all there's the 11 million XM listeners that don't have access to the HSS and then there's the significant number of Stern fans that already listen via alternatives and the recent data they've released saying that virtually all their new non-Internet subs are coming from new car sales. By documenting this kind of stuff they have further evidence that the "Stern effect" is over as far as their listenership.

15. dboi43

dboi43 Member

Reputations:
    when i call i try sound like this guy[​IMG]it makes it more fun

16. GaryPuppet

Reputations:
    Thank you. Come again.

17. Blackened

Blackened Commitment to Excellence

Reputations:
    I'm pretty sure they would almost rather give it to you for free than cancel your subscription, so they can count you when presenting numbers to advertisers. Case in point, when i called to cancel my two subs about three years ago, they offered me the $20 deal, which I turned down as a matter of principle, and here three years later both my radios are still activated.

18. Noshferatu

Noshferatu Active Member

Reputations:
    someone should forward this info to Mel karmizan or whatever is his name, give the poor man some ammo :D

19. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I just got my new renewal notice. Last year I negotiated a discount. What's the best current deal I can get for the $159 and the internet fee of $38 or whatever it is right now. I don't have the bill in front of me.

20. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I hope they have my recording when I called into cancel after he said "I piss on my fans." I told the rep that I was cancelling because Howard Stern pissed on me & said for me to call & cancel. They gave me 6 months free. Lets see what they come up with when I call this week.