FYI AT&T Class Action Lawsuit settlement

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by joyceface, Dec 30, 2012.

1. joyceface

joyceface Queen of Everything VIP

Reputations:
    After a few years of ups and downs with AT&T and them charging me for data even though I had an "unlimited" data plan I switched to Verizon. Cost me a lot of money to switch and the monthly fees are more, but if felt like if you can't get satisfaction where you do business you gotta take your business elsewhere. And despite the fact that I paid off the balance of my contract (something like $500) with AT&T they say I still owe them money and have sent collectors after me now. (Yeah I know, I showed them). Anyway, I thought there might be some of you who have had similar issues with AT&T and I just received a notice of a class action lawsuit settlement. If you've been screwed by AT&T enjoy::D

http://attmuscsettlement.com/?locale=en

2. Sponsor

Sponsor

Reputations:

3. jdwhatever

jdwhatever Fesh VIP

Reputations:
    :spam::spam:

4. jdwhatever

jdwhatever Fesh VIP

Reputations:
    :fuck::fuck:

5. Gwarn1

Gwarn1 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Woo hoo! You( the guy that was actually damaged) gets $23.50 while the law firm that represented you gets $29,000,000 class action suits are retarded

6. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Doesn't look like a settlement yet, just a notice of a pending class action.

7. joyceface

Reputations:
    The notice I got said there is a proposed settlement. But at the time I was considering filing a lawsuit myself. A guy had actually done it on his own and beat AT&T and put up a link to what he did and how he did it. How remarkable is that?? One little guy fighting and beating the Phone Company! Unheard of! I realized I didn't have the wear-with-all to go through the whole process though. I don't even care if I get back any money from this. It's nice to know someone is taking them to task for not upholding their end of the "unlimited data" contract.

8. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Class-action lawsuit: you lose $100 to some company, the lawyers get $45 and you get a $5 coupon.

9. joyceface

Reputations:
    I'm just happy they are taking a hit on this, not even monetarily - they were blatantly wrong and something needed to be done about it.

10. Gomez

Gomez Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    $2.95 bitch!!!!!!!

11. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    But all it does is it allows the company to rip their customers the fuck off and pay pennies on the dollar when they're caught and the vast majority of what they pay goes to lawyers.

Class-action lawsuit settlements are the most unjust remedies available through the criminal justice system.