Gallagher Suffers Second Heart Attack In Two Weeks, Suspends Tour For 2012

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Mutt Sucks, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Mutt Sucks

Mutt Sucks New Member Banned User

Reputations:
  2. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  3. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish The Slow Adult VIP

Reputations:
  4. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Someone should come into his hospital room, put a watermelon on his stomach and hit it with a sledgehammer.

5. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Yeah, what a nutjob. Because :

He's old and small. And if you're small and old you're crazy, according to the author.

If you make a lame joke that you can't tell the girls from boys you're a nutjob. Because nobody in America laughed when they did that in the "Here's Pat" sketches on SNL years ago. And absolutely nobody actually has gender issues today. And nobody ever made that same joke about his generation when he was young in the 60's.

Everyone knows only white kids wear saggy pants. Racist right wingers stupidly think it's the blacks that do that. That "pants on the ground" song was about some kids in Ireland.

All those Jewish cemeteries who won't bury you if you have a tat are obviously right wing hate mongers. Everyone knows being heavily tattooed is a sign of mental stability and contentment. And that nobody has ever regretted that neck tattoo they got when they were drunk.

God knows nobody but right wing nutjobs has ever remarked on how good looking lesbians are sexy, but ugly ones are kinda gross.

It's common knowledge that Saddam never actually tortured anybody. And Guantanamo is far worse than any of his prisons ever were.

Everyone knows wealthy powerful black men abhor attractive white women and you always see amazing looking white women with black men who make $10.50/hour. Black women never complain about this.

It's obvious he hates dogs and feels bad for Mike Vick, not that he's shaking his head at the situation. Or conversely, he hates black people because he doesn't like Mike Vick, a dog torturer and murderer.

Women are always volunteering to work while their husbands stay home, fight on the front lines for $10,000/year, and pick up the check on a date. They're also perfectly understanding of when you hit them if they insult you after they had too much to drink. You almost never see any women on earth using their looks to get ahead, either. And they are outraged that they have to pee in stalls rather than into a very unprivate trough at the ballpark.

That is the first time I've ever heard a joke about Chaz Bono. He's obviously a nut. I mean, nobody on the HSS ever joked about him being fat, ever, right? Besides, it's COMPLETELY NORMAL to painfully construct a fake penis nub and become a hugely fat man to get chicks. Nothing funny there at all, mister.

Gay jokes...unheard of in history except by Nazis and right wing scum. And Seinfeld, because he had an episode about 3 men being mistaken as gay because they hung out a lot and weren't married at their age. Well, Seinfeld = Nazi.

It's unheard of for white people to have parties and then hire Mexicans to clean up because they know they're desperate for work and a better life and will work cheap. I mean, every hip person knows that Mexicans are underrepresented in the cleaning and service industry. And white folks LOVE getting their hands dirty.

The French have never in history been accused of being less than 100% he-manly. Only a COMPLETE NUTJOB would ever disparage their manhood.
    And French sounds every bit as butch as German when spoken. Right?

There's never before existed the joke that gay men are better looking and hetereo women wish they would "switch teams" and straight men wish they looked that good to women. Oops, enter that Nazi Seinfeld again.

By bashing water chestnuts and fruit it's obvious he's not just lamely trying to be outrageous in an age where everything tries to be outrageous. He must LITERALLY want Chinese and gay people to all be squashed by a huge mallet.

He's not very funny. You should be bothered that the comedian isn't funny, not that he chooses to skewer groups you consider hands-off. You should also, however, be bothered that the writer seems to think simply daring to live to old age makes you worthy of contempt.

But I bet you're blowing snot out your nose when the jokes are done by a Bill Maher instead, and the targets are those deemed politically correct. Heard any good Southern redneck or Christian jokes lately? Don't they talk funny? Boy, their lifestyle choices are really absurd, eh? Now that's funny!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  6. Matwiow

Matwiow Active Member

Reputations:
    You got some issues bra.

7. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    do you know what the term strawman means?

8. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I'm sure both of Gallagher's fans were disappointed by the news.

9. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    the nerve he has being an entertainer and being political- I mean who does that?

10. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish The Slow Adult VIP

Reputations:
    It's funny that you spent all that time writing that, yet he is still a racist, homophobic, right-wing nut job -- you didn't manage to make that disappear by trying to rationalize. He's an angry, spiteful, and bitter old man who believes what he's saying, but I do agree that he's throwing it out in the open to appear outrageous.

The only explanation I can think of for his extreme views, that you seem to embrace, is that he's gone mental:

So what does that say about your state of mind that you think this crazy old guy with a failing brain is making perfect sense? Maybe he's in a Walter White fugue state when he hits the stage, just wandering around, rambling about all the people who aren't descended from Vikings.

11. Pussy Tendon

Pussy Tendon Wet! CUNT!!!!! Gold

Reputations:
    I saw him front-row about three years ago. Took me and the ex-wife on stage. Was a pretty funny damn show, a shame he's declining. Didn't notice any political ramblings then, but I did notice that he had some horrendous BO.

12. SouthernListen

Reputations:
    jrstinkfish,

I touch type very fast so it's no big deal to type that. Time well spent to nip the thought police in the bud. I'm also intelligent and not about to apologize or be ashamed of having put more thought into my comments than you may have.

I said nowhere that I agree with his jokes, would find them funny, or subscribe to some racist homophobe agenda. His jokes make little sense to me and aren't funny because of that. But I don't assume he's insane or evil because of that. But you might want to ask my bi wife or my gay cousin about how homophobic I am, first. Or my wife's Puerto Rican best friend, or her best friend in high school, a black woman, about how racist we are. Or the Mexican guy I gave free equipment to out of my inventory so he could start his own lawn mowing business. Or her employers, Arabs, or her boss, a jewish man, or the guys from Hong Kong she does business with.

It's not rationalizing it. It's pointing out that everyone does this stuff and has always done it, and that you only object because he's doing it to politically correct sacred cows that you were indoctrinated to believe must be shielded lest they become murder victims of groups of middle aged club goers whipped into a frenzy by the likes of Gallagher. It's called political correctness and if you read up on the history of it you'd know it's one of the most insidious forms of evil around and has a history with fun guys like Stalin, Mao, and tyrants throughout history. Try reading George Orwell's "animal house" if you can't understand the concept.

It's interesting that you and others make sweeping assumptions about others' belief systems based on jokes. "People who make gay or racial jokes are insane". "People who vote Republican sometimes must hate minorities and poor people". How is that too different than "black people are lazy, Asians can't drive, and Jews are cheap."? Your error is in assuming that everyone is like you and subscribes to the "two team" dynamic. That you're either on one team or the other. As if when you don't want to quash gay jokes and hurl insults at those who tell them you must be politically to the right of Hitler. Does it ever occur to you that someone may just want people at each others' throats, picking one team or the other, so that maybe you don't notice the BS they're doing?

It's called comedy. Don't take it so literally and don't spend your life wrapped up seething with anger at people who don't think exactly like you do. Someone might just begin to believe you do it in an effort to feel morally superior w/o really sacrificing much for your beliefs or putting much effort into it. It's easy to call some old comic a "whack job" or "nut case". What age or knowledge of history may not have given you the wisdom to see is that 50 years ago things were a mirror image of today. It was "cool" to bash gays and minorities. Now it's cool to bash white christian men, rich people, and political conservatives. What's not so easy is standing up for the concept that people should, within reason, be allowed to say what they want without being shouted down or boycotted. Your way will eventually lead to nobody daring say anything controversial.

While you're at it, please cut and paste your condemnation of Eddie Murphy's "whiteface" skit on SNL that hilariously satirized white people and how they act and relate to each other. Somehow I managed to enjoy that w/o becoming a victim or crying myself to sleep each night. Even though I'm white.

13. SouthernListen

Reputations:
    I went point by point and refuted the author's assertions. That's the best you can do in return, eh?

A strawman argument would be creating a false assertion by another, then knocking it down. I simply used sarcasm to do it using his own words and his own arguments.

But I forget, your type can read minds. It's not just a joke, it's HATE SPEECH! And anyone who doesn't like certain groups must be destroyed and disparaged. We're all for freedom and liberty, just not THAT much, eh?

In the words of the esteemed Gary Dell'Abate, "that's just your opinion".

14. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    more straw. that's not my opinion. it's factually a specific type of logical fallacy you used in your post to me. you didnt use my words or my opinions. you created a dumb opinion for me, then you sarcastically showed it was dumb.
    you are either cleverly disingenuous, or you are dumb. i don't think you are dumb at all, so there's no point me trying to talk to someone who won't be honest.

15. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    It's not. He's fucking hilarious to see in person and mocks the right just as well... I started feeling bad for him a couple years back, he was internally traveling city to city in his car with the sledge in the back... I got to swing the sledge o matic on stage and he hangs out with the audience before the show.... Hs a fucking stand up guy....

I was going to go see him in April, but when I checked the venue it was a local Portuguese club...