Game Of Thrones -Craig Kilborn- Looks like it's defiantly and audition of some sort.

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Rodney21a, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Well Tom Green didn't seem like it was a potential usurper of Artie's "throne". A. He is boring as hell and his career was in such a putrid state he became a running joke on Family guy. B. Apprently he has a gig on Billionaire douche Mark Cubans network.

However seemed to me that the guys were really trying to get on Craig's Good side. A. He is as technically proficient as a Sports Host as you can get. B. He has no other gig. C. He lives in LA where the direct Tv guys and execs hang out.

I sense that he will take over Artie's 'throne" and they move the entire show to LA.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  2. mattzane227

mattzane227 Active Member

Reputations:
    I think you're insane.

3. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    I'm only a few minutes in but I'm finding Kilby pretty funny still. He is fucking with Ritchie and the twins and you can't go wrong doing that.

He's keeping Ritchie quieter too.

Remember when Artie talked about how disgusting the twins' accents sound? Crrrrock Potttt

4. SIPAWITZ

SIPAWITZ Bialy Whore Banned User

Reputations:
    Craig killboure is great!

Hes like Letterman lite

5. mattzane227

mattzane227 Active Member

Reputations:
    I'm actually liking him too. I just laughed out loud at his story about hitting a little girl on a bike in his car b/c he doesn't like stopping or starting suddenly.

6. SIPAWITZ

SIPAWITZ Bialy Whore Banned User

Reputations:
    Hes compelling

Very interesting

7. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    He's an acquired taste, and he's a major shift in gears from everything else, but yeah, he is funny, interesting, and compelling.

For now.

His "aloof/above it all" routine wears on me after a while, but when I think about it that's probably the correct attitude to have when talking about the nonsense that is sports and pop culture.

He should be doing something somewhere.

And now, back to your av. :up:

Who is she?

8. jonmac20

jonmac20 Active Member

Reputations:
    This. When I hear that kilbourn and green were filing in I though that Artie was finished for sure. Now I don't think so. The two of them not working together was really a sign. Unless Dtv is truly retarded as well why keep jon ritche and switch the one good part of the show.

9. IlluminatiJones

Reputations:
    "this doesn't leave the room!" :jj:

I've got to start saying that more.

Kilborn is holding my attention. I was all set to bail right away but he's interesting. And I'm laughing.

And he's an actual broadcaster, which is a rare, rare thing these days.

He makes Ritchie seem even dumber by comparison, though. He's really gotta go.

10. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    I was thinking that if anything, both these hosts solidify Artie as host of the Artie Lange Show (you know what I mean). Tom Green was horrible and somehow bad at interviewing even his own friends calling in. Kilborne was better with the interviews and rather quick, but just lacks the energy and presence to be listened to on the radio/watched on tv. His short anecdotes were pretty great, but obviously lack the debauchery of Artie we know and love.

Agreed. God, he really went at Ritchie in very subtle ways. It was almost arrogant, how he gave those cutting comments without any sort of delivery.

Canasta Twins
    Caravan Twins
    Cannabis Twins
    ...did he use any other ones?
    Integrating the twins back into the show but basically lambasting them over and over was a great touch. He teased their segment for the whole show and gave them 3 minutes. Then DURING the segment he couldn't wait to end it. Hilarious.

Is anyone else finding it very odd how much the forums have picked up the week Art isn't on the show?

11. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't think Direct TV would give Artie the heave-ho but let's face it, they'd be stupid not to have a plan B.

Digging Craig Kilborn as the guest host. Sounds like he's been waiting for this. He's been off TV for what, ten years?

12. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Segment where Kilborn has Ritchie walking through the door pretending to be Lily Aldridge is hilarious.

Ritchie: If I'm confused, I think Lily is going to be out of sorts too.

Kilborn (not missing a beat): Lily's never had a concussion

13. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That was gold. Kilby did a great job.
    I don't think it was an audition to replace Artie. Maybe DirecTV wants to add another show. Its not like they don't have hours to fill on the Audience Network.

14. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Anybody notice the long neck on the chick from Girlcode? She's a freaking giraffe.

[​IMG]

15. IlluminatiJones

Reputations:
    Yeah, about 10 years.

He was apparently tired of doing his late-night talk-show and just walked away. I don't know if he's now desperately looking for a gig or has F.U. money and just agreed to do this 3-day stint for shits 'n giggles. :dontknow:

He's a strange character who hasn't really found his place and probably never will, but he's doing well in this format. He knows sports. He's a professional broadcaster and not just some hack behind a mic. He's quick, funny, and can command and work a room.

They should let Artie play out the string but begin the transition to Kilborn; have him be the fill-in host for Artie's vacations, for example. He's so much more the guy for what DirecTV wants to do with this show.

Then when Artie's contract is up they should move the show to LA and hire Kilborn permanently.

Artie should do a dark/edgy weekly podcast......................"daily" is not his friend. But he'd need to do it with some good comedian friends as guests/co-hosts: Quinn, Florentine, Attell, Norton...............and NOT Matarese, Costello, Bisconte. He's really got to discover/admit where that line is, and who falls on what side of it.

Ritchie should become a bouncer at an Amish strip club.

#Devil'sPlayground

16. Rodney21a

Reputations:
    Craigers has been relentless on busting Ritchie's balls, I love it. He got that hack comedian/Tennis player good at the end of the show and it was effortless.

17. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    So the question we now have to ask is... Ritchie or Kilborn?

Art is pretty affable and would probably work with that change, but I don't see CK playing second fiddle to anyone. Kilborn's pace won't mesh well with Art and I don't see him letting Art go on his 20 minute rants about A-Rod, Bocchetti or one of the Jonas brothers.

I also pray I still have enough cognitive function to be able to kill myself if I start liking bossa nova music.

18. John

John Member VIP

Reputations:
    It's funny how annoyed Craig seems with Ritchie, at times the banter between them is comparable to Artie and Bocchetti. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one that suggested Bocchetti take a vacation this week and decided to keep Ritchie around only to read draft kings.

19. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    I almost wish Bocchetti was there one night to see what Kilby would do with hin.

You're probably right, though. Kilby took one look at him or heard him utter (should be spellled udder in bocchettis case) one sentence and probably said something hilarious right before telling security to not allow him in the building

20. Rodney21a

Reputations:
    Not verry observant Dan Falato and Brochette are Persona non gratta at this Killbourn Try out. Dan hitched his sale to the Artie Ship when after Art and Nick Dipshit hit rocky waters and Bocchetti owes his "career" to Art. Everything points to this being a Try out of sorts by Killborn for Direct TV. He even brought in otherwise nondescript NCAA two time one Time NBA champ Corey Brewer to make a point about "sitting on the sidelines always being ready when your number is called'

I'm pretty sure arts dunzo, they'll pay him to sit on the sidelines for a year if they are paying Nick Dipshit.

Pour one out for art...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013