Stern Show Gare...Hey Gare...What do you think Gare...Your thoughts Gare...How about you Gare?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Phantom Lord, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Phantom Lord

Phantom Lord Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Jon Hein has his cringeworthy moments like his incessant ass kissing of everything Howard does. However, I think one of the most doucechilling things he does is his nickname for Gary where he calls him "Gare." First, nobody else calls him that. Second, when guys start calling each other by a different name other than their first they usually call them by their last name. Finally, it is alright to shorten someones name like call William Will, or Salvatore Sal. What the fuck are you shortening with Gary?

I think this all has to do with job security. If Jon develops some strong friendship with Gary, then Gary is likely to fight for the Wrap Up Show if and when Marci Turk ever cancels it.

Is it just me or does it bug anyone else when Jon Hein does this?

2. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    fist meet face , face meet fist. only thing that ever comes to mind when Jh is discussed :jj:

3. Sloppyjoe

Sloppyjoe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

I've noticed on WUS after a caller or a guest comments usually Jon will now shut up and let gary talk because you can actually feel through the radio gary is like a caged ape ready to rampage when he has a chance to talk. he literally can not go without speaking or talking for very long and can not let another person talk without jumping in all over their point

4. Tracy

Tracy Little Miss Sunshine VIP

Reputations:
    I agree about the "Gare" thing.
    And while we're complaining about John Hein, ever notice how often he uses words he clearly doesn't know the meaning of? He tries so hard to seem intellectual and verbose as he crowbars words into his sentences that just don't fit or make sense. It becomes even worse if the WUS guest is someone he perceives to be highly accomplished or intelligent.

I can't listen to WUS anymore but I remember one week they had a guest on who used the word "insightful" to describe something. Almost every other day that week, Tuesday-Friday, Hein used the word "insightful" to describe a callers question or Howard's interview that day....each time making it more and more apparent that he had zero concept of that word. Not to mention that I'd never heard him use it before. Lol.
    I'm kind of a verbal/words person I guess so I notice things like this. It always sticks out to me when someone is using a word they clearly don't know the meaning of. John Hein does it a lot. It's Bobo-esque.

PelicanWig, lestanyonethink and reno like this.
  5. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    "Hello Gar, this is Artie. I'm not coming to work today. Cough, cough, cough."

6. Fred Derp

Fred Derp Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's a stupid fucking nickname, I know a few Gary's and nobody calls them that.

jdizzle143 and Tracy like this.
  7. SuperFarts

SuperFarts Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This specifically doesnt bug me.

That having been said, John Hein is a complete faggot.

Ass kissing is very important in any job environment, its almost a requirement.

But I think that the Gary/Hein butt buddying has been going on for some time, even before they slept in the same bedroom at Wiggy's house.

The Jackie chair and jdizzle143 like this.
  8. Vincenzo69

Vincenzo69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah but Jon hein is the blowjob king of Ann arbor