Gary Glitter sent to prison for 16 years.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HubArkishh, Feb 27, 2015.

1. HubArkishh

HubArkishh Active Member

Reputations:
    Rocker Gary Glitter, best known for the stadium rock anthem "Rock & Roll (Part 2)," was sentenced to 16 years in prison for sex offenses during the 1970s and '80s against three girls between the ages of 8 and 13.

Glitter, whose real name is Paul Gadd, was sentenced today for attempted rape, four counts of indecent assault and one of having sex with a girl under 13, the BBC reports. A jury found the 70-year-old guilty of the charges on Feb. 5, and Judge Alistair McCreath said then that Glitter would remain jailed until his sentencing.

"You did all of them real and lasting damage, and you did so for no other reason than to obtain sexual gratification for yourself of a wholly improper kind," McCreath said today.

The judge said that despite the seriousness of the crimes, he was permitted to use only the more lenient guidelines of the '70s and '80s while sentencing Glitter. For example, the charge of having sex with a child under 13 carries a life sentence today, but carried a seven-year sentence at that time.

Glitter, 70, showed no emotion as he left the dock, the BBC noted. As we have previously reported, Glitter had denied the allegations.

He was convicted of child sex abuse in 2006 in Vietnam and sentenced tothree years in prison. In 1999, he was convicted of possessing as many as 4,000 images of child abuse and jailed for four months.

Glitter was the first person to be arrested as part of the British investigation into allegations of child abuse against the late BBC television host Jimmy Savile.

it took this long to put that monster away???

John Mahlin and JameGumb like this.
  2. flonsta

flonsta Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They should play "Rock and Roll (Part 2)" sporting-event style while they draw and quarter him.

John Mahlin and JameGumb like this.
  3. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    This is not Gary, but while looking for a meme, i found this, which i think is hilarious.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

wake me when the bust a royal.

4. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    Can't believe molesting a child under 13 only carried a seven year sentence that recently.

5. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:

England was extremely liberal back in the 70s. Europe's full of fucking deviants. We're still waiting to hang Roman Polanski for his crime in the 70s but France won't give him up.

ZevonFan and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  6. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Whoa! Hadn't heard that one .... :munch:

7. JameGumb

Reputations:
    I can't believe they're only giving him 16 years. He's clearly a serial abuser. They should just slit his throat so he can't hurt another kid again.

1Vegasgirl and John Sterling like this.
  8. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/prince-andrew-sexual-relations-underage-4908702

'Prince Andrew had sexual relations with me when I was underage': Amazing court allegations
    The woman claims she was forced to have sexual relations with Prince Andrew on three occasions, according to reports
    • 4135 Shares
    • The woman claims she was forced to have sexual relations with Prince Andrew on three occasions, according to reports

PA / Rex [​IMG]
    Allegations: Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein go for a stroll together through New York's Central Park
    Prince Andrew "categorically denies" sensational allegations by a woman who claims she was forced to have sex with him while under 18.

The allegation is contained in a document filed in a Florida court by a woman who claims banker and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein loaned her to rich and powerful friends.

The woman claims she was forced to have sexual relations with Prince Andrew on three occasions, according to The Guardian.

The claim was made in connection with a long-running lawsuit brought by two women who allege they were exploited by Epstein.

The 58-year-old was jailed for 18 months in 2008 after soliciting an underage girl for prostitution.

[​IMG]
    Claims: The woman claims she was repeatedly forced to have sex with Prince Andrew

A palace spokesman said today: "This relates to long-standing and ongoing civil proceedings in the United States, to which The Duke of York is not a party.

"As such we would not comment on the detail.

"However, for the avoidance of doubt, any suggestion of impropriety with underage minors is categorically untrue."

Another close associate of Epstein who is also accused in the document told the Guardian that the woman's accusations against him were "totally false and made up."

Epstein served 13 months after agreeing a plea deal with prosecutors and admitting relatively minor charges of paying for sex with a 14-year-old girl.

Since then, some 40 women have in total come forward claiming that Epstein abused them, though almost all settled their cases.

The latest revelations have emerged as twi women are taking legal action against federal prosecutors, claiming that Epstein's plea deal was reach without their statutory right to be consulted.

Another two women are seeking permission to be added to the legal action.

One of these women - referred to only as Jane Doe 3 in the action - has named Prince Andrew in her recent motion to be added to the legal action.

Epstein was one of the wealthiest and well-connected men in America until he was jailed.

But despite this Prince Andrew stayed friends with him for three more years until they were seen together.

In 2009, Prince Andrew was seen strolling through Central Park with Epstein after he left prison.

It also emerged the prince had stayed at Epstein's home in Florida and flew with him in his private jet.

His ex-wife the Duchess of York had even been bailed out by Epstein with £15,000 when she got into debt.

The scandal caused acute embarrassment to the Duke and forced him to step down from his role as Britain’s trade envoy.

Epstein has been sued for £65,000 by a top crisis management company which claims he hired them in 2011 to deal with the scandal over his friendship with Prince Andrew.

Sitrick & Co. have accused the billionaire paedophile of failing to pay the fees for advising him after the Duke of York stayed at his £30 million Manhattan mansion.

The California Superior Court papers filed by Sitrick & Co. say: 'On or about March 11, 2011, Epstein entered an oral agreement with (Sitrick) to provide consulting advice and public relations services concerning Epstein’s relationship with Prince Andrew.'

According to the New York Post, Epstein countersued and claimed he has never been properly served as his main residence is the British Virgin Islands, but a judge has ruled that he can be deposed no matter where he lives.

Sitrick & Co. are among the highest profile crisis management and PR companies in the US and have represented the likes of Paris Hilton and X-Files star David Duchovny.

The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles sought their help in 2002 during the abuse scandal.

The firm’s head Michael Sitrick has been compared to the fixer played by Harvey Keitel in ‘Pulp Fiction’ who deals with a dead body.
    --------------------------

9. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I heard about Andy, but not Lord Mountbatten .... Hmmm. :munch:

JameGumb likes this.
  10. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    what about the DuPont goon? when will he be locked up? Oh thats right, money buys you freedom in America.

JameGumb likes this.
  11. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:

12. Elsalvador1990

Elsalvador1990 Active Member

Reputations:

The Hulkster > Gary Glitter

13. pickles3000

pickles3000 Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:

He must've hated this version. Adult women. Blech.

14. Dismember

Dismember Well-Known Member

Reputations:

15. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The song by the sexual predator performed at college and high school bands throughout the land

16. JameGumb

Reputations:

Oooh I imagine his shits played a lot less these days.

17. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Some pro teams and schools have banned it from being played at stadiums and arenas but as you can see even from last year many schools still perform it. The way I look at it is should OJ's bust be removed from the Pro Football HOF because he committed murders years later after he was enshrined. Gary Glitter was probably have sex with teens when the song came out in 1972 but nobody gave a shit then. It's still a great anthem song and your celebrating the song not the man.

18. JameGumb

Reputations:
    I think it's just ignorance the shit that went down. I'm sure there are a lot of people that still don't know that Gary Glitter is a Pederest. Some people just live under rocks I guess.

19. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    I did a quick check and was not able to find anything other than forum posts on it. He was a WWII leader and Viceroy of India and the Irish killed him. (they also took a teenaged boy and girl and an old lady with him) The Canadians hate him because of the Dieppe Raid. He was probably the personafication of the establishment in the UK, therefore hated by many, so I would take it with a grain of salt unless something more substantial comes up.

20. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    I think he just fucked girls. Pederasty is Man-boy love. @Bosch76

JameGumb likes this.