Gay "chick" doesn't get tipped because she's a lesbo.

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Danas Boyfrien, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Danas Boyfrien

Danas Boyfrien Trump's African American Gold

Reputations:
    I probably wouldn't have tipped her not because she's gay, but because she's homely.

http://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/gay-waitress-not-tipped-because-she-affront-god-162900644.html[h=1]Gay Waitress Not Tipped Because She is "An Affront to God"[/h]

[​IMG]Dayna MoralesDayna Morales, a server at a New Jersey restaurant, said a family of four dining at the restaurant this week skipped the tip on their $93.55 bill, with this explanation: "I'm sorry but I cannot tip because I do not agree with your lifestyle and how you live your life."
    Ms. Morales told ABC News that when she introduced herself with the standard "My name is Dayna. I'll be taking care of you," the mom of the family replied with "I thought you were going to say your name was Dan."
    Ugggghhhhh. There was a similar news story last month of a 20-year-old waiter not being tipped because his "lifestyle" was "an affront to God." Instead of a tip, that server was left this note: "Thank you for your service, it was excellent. That being said, we cannot in good conscience tip you, for your homosexual lifestyle is an affront to GOD. Queers do not share in the wealth of GOD, and you will not share in ours. We hope you will see the tip your queer choices made you lose out on, and plan accordingly. It is never too late for GOD's love, but none shall be spared for queers. May GOD have mercy on you."

Related: 20 celebrities who have come out in support of gay marriage

Ms. Morales, a former U.S. Marine, says if the family came into the restaurant again, she wouldn't confront them. She would serve them professionally and courteously, the way she would serve any other customers.
    I don't care what religion you are: stiffing a hard-working waiter or waitress just makes you a jerk. It's even more appalling when you're teaching your kids to act like a jerk. Further, I'm not exactly a Biblical scholar, but I don't think Jesus would appreciate you being a jerk in His name.
    In fact, let's take a look at specifically what this family is teaching their kids by leaving a crappy note to Ms. Morales instead of a tip, and what the Bible has to say about it:
    Judge people based on their appearance. At no time did Ms. Morales identify herself as gay. She is gay, but she didn't identify herself as such because it's irrelevant to being a good server. She didn't say, "My name is Dayna and I'll be gayly taking care of you." She is a woman with short hair. She wears a tie as part of her uniform. Ms. Morales' customers made an assumption based on her appearance. Diners, may I refer you please to John 7:24, in which Jesus says "Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment."
    Pick and choose which sins to care about. Does this family decline to tip servers who have been divorced and remarried (Luke 16:18)? Those who work on Sunday (Exodus 20:8-11)? What about servers who don't worship the same God that they do (Deut. 5:7)? Hey, you know what Jesus really wasn't a fan of? Hypocrisy-and in particular, combining proselytizing with hypocrisy. These diners may want to review Matthew 23:15, which advises, "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are."
    You don't have to pay people for their hard work. Tipping for good service is customary unless the gratuity is included in the bill, like for large parties. If this family had such a problem with Ms. Morales' apparent "lifestyle" they could have chosen to leave the restaurant. Instead, they sat there and let Ms. Morales serve them. Would they let a contractor work on their house and then not pay the person afterward? Perhaps these customers should consult Romans 13:7, "Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed."
    It's okay to treat some people like crap. I have worked in restaurants, and I have worked in offices. You can tell an awful lot about a person by how they treat receptionists and waitstaff. It's easy to be high-and-mighty with those who have, essentially, no power. When these parents left a rude note in place of a tip, when they had already enjoyed a waitress' good service, they were teaching their children to bully those they see as beneath them. Jesus was pretty clear on how to treat others (love your neighbor, anyone?), but the Bible's message on humility in Matthew 23:11 is perhaps more important here: "The greatest among you will be your servant."
    My final thought for those who would leave notes like this in place of tips: when Jesus ate dinner with the sinners at Levi's house, He did not leave any hateful notes behind at the end of the meal. (Mark 2:15-17)
    Update: Paying It Forward People have been flocking to Gallop Asian Bistro in Bridgewater, New Jersey, asking for for Ms. Morales' table, and leaving her generous tips to make up for the tip she lost out on. Ms. Morales also told New Jersey 12 News that donations have also been coming in from around the world. As a former U.S. Marine, Ms. Morales is paying it forward by donating money to the Wounded Warrior Project. The managers of Gallop Asian Bistro have said the restaurant will match whatever Ms. Morales donates, and send a donation to an LGBT nonprofit.

For 7 ways to support the gay kid you might have, visit Babble!

2. BearShit

BearShit BearShit + Tom Hardy = BFF

Reputations:
    That's a whole lotta words

3. BearShit

BearShit BearShit + Tom Hardy = BFF

Reputations:
    Looks like a fat GP2 :dontknow:

4. Swedish John

Swedish John I'm your huckleberry

Reputations:
  5. Butcher

Butcher ?

Reputations:
    I'll bet she doesn't even lift

6. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    that is obscene: if they didn't want to support her lifestyle they should have left before she served them. waiting till the tip is just BS.

7. DrivenByDemons

DrivenByDemons Spinoff Jesus Staff Member

Reputations:
    Derp mouf

8. DrivenByDemons

DrivenByDemons Spinoff Jesus Staff Member

Reputations:
    I'll take that bet.

9. Tigger Please

Tigger Please VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Because they figured she wasn't into "Just The Tip" :dontknow:

10. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    anyone notice the family that didn't tip wasn't jewish?

where are all the "cheap jesus freak" posts?

;)

11. acagirl98

acagirl98 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    homely? I'd say manly more than homely.

and agree with froggie.

12. Phan Neepack

Phan Neepack Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    She should stop trying so hard to look like a dude...

13. Danas Boyfrien

Reputations:
    Yeah, she is more manly. And fuck those cheap ass jews!

14. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    one of the parrot rescues I'm planning to visit looking for a boy to adopt is in Bridgewater. Now I know where to stop for dinner when i start visiting; gonna have to bring some people with me...

15. Schmoopy

Schmoopy Shit Mult Hunter

Reputations:
    She looks more like a heavier Miley Cyrus.

16. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    Cher's kid

17. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Aside from being a walking stereotype, how do they know her sex life? Did she offer to fingerblast the mom or something?

18. Danas Boyfrien

Reputations:
    There was probably something she did or said. People always feel they have to "be themselves". Fuck that. When it comes to your job you need to be as inconspicuous as possible, especially someone who relies on tips. She can dike it up on her day off.

19. Morrisb

Morrisb Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  20. JWC

JWC Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    they just didn't want to tip and that was the lame excuse they could think of.