Gays Come Out to Comment on NBA Player

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MyLazyHand, Apr 29, 2013.

1. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    Go ahead. Get it out of your system.

2. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    The only people that care are those south of the Mason Dixon line....none of us above it could care less.

3. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    oooooooooooo ga

4. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Yeah, that's a nice non-bigoted comment. Does it occur to you that most of the gay bashing here is from listeners north of that line?

"all people who are jewish are cheap" = bad stereotype
    "all black people are lazy" = bad stereotype
    "Gays should go to hell" = bad stereotype
    "southern people are ignorant homophobic bigots, but the most cretinous goombah in the Bronx is open minded because he's not from the south = enlightened hipster comment

I grew up near Atlanta in the 70's and other than teasing in elementary school for being "a sissy" of ONE kid, nobody cared about the gay people in HS or college that I ever witnessed. The most popular singer of the college scene then was obviously at least bi and from Athens GA. Few cared. It just wasn't an issue. Redneck agriculture students were there watching them play with everyone else.

Get out more and quit getting your world view from bad TV shows and interviews with the "god hates fags" group of 20 people and politically motivated loudmouths who profess to speak for the rest of us. Other than a wry smile, I've never known anyone who gave any reaction when learning someone was gay. My cousin is a lesbian and it was mentioned to me only as an aside. Her family is baptist. NO BIG DEAL.

Meanwhile, It seems like a whole lot of people from up north are in the news in recent years over this topic.

49's NFL player Chris Culliver(born Philly) "gay players not welcome on team"

ESPN analyst Chris Broussard (grew up in midwest) - "homosexuality is a sin"

Millions of US Catholics, most of whom live above the line - homosexuality = sin

Kobe Bryant fined $100,000 for anti-gay slur (born and raised in Philly)

I'm not saying nobody here cares, but most don't, and buying into ignorant stereotypes of the south is just a lazy way thinking.

5. The Cocksman

The Cocksman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;CajJyuk3P_w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CajJyuk3P_w[/video]