Geek Time Good God

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by joyceface, Aug 16, 2013.

1. joyceface

joyceface Queen of Everything VIP

Reputations:
    I used to like this show and look forward to hearing it. Ralph alone is awful. Now he's doing LIVE READ commercials! it's laughable. Interview of Vince Gilligan of Breaking Bad and no Jon Hein was not good. Even (pardon me) Jason used to add to the Geek Time mix.

If anyone has a right to take his marbles and go home it's Jon Hein. He must be fuming having to miss the Vince Gilligan interview.

2. FCCstandards

FCCstandards Non-Essential Salooner VIP

Reputations:
    Howard, the same guy that lectured his staff about making sure they have jobs when he retires. Kills all their "outside" ventures from channels, etc. The Block Party? dead, Jon and Gary tv show? dead, intern show? dead, Back Office Radio? dead

3. Stinkfist

Stinkfist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I would rather jab a pencil in my ear than listen to Ralph drone on about the shit he likes.

4. DBo

DBo New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    It seems like they're trying to drive Hein away. This is what he's there for... not for AGT bullshit recaps. The dude knows his TV.

5. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...oh wow I was looking forward to hearing gt but now im not going to bother. ralph doing live reads, couldn't be too hard to be a radio announcer I guess.

6. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Are you insane

What does that fat baby huey fuck "know about TV" other than he spends time on his ass watching a lot of it? I've never heard anything particularly profound or insightful from him on the subject, only "I like/don't this show", "This show is SOOO goood" etc

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  7. Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's his fuckwad sidekick Chris Gore that I can't stand. He has this scratchy voice, it's like nails on a chalkboard. The guy made a name for himself selling his "How to get into indie film festivals" book- scamming hard-working people into coughing up $20 so they can figure out how much of their $$$ to waste on trying to get into the festivals.

And obv Gore is doing it unpaid, in order to plug whatever nerd stuff he is up to lately.

8. DBo

DBo New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    What's Worth Watching was the only listenable show on for a while, besides Geek Time (with Jason Kaplan). There's no show without back and forth bantering between friends from the compound. No longer is it a conversation, but instead a lecture.

9. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    No disagreement that Kaplan or someone else should be on geektime for some back-and-forth banter, but John Hein is just a creepy yes-man weasel with zero personality.

10. FCCstandards

FCCstandards Non-Essential Salooner VIP

Reputations:
    When the crew was with Ralph it had a comedy aspect to it, they would rip each other, etc.

11. joyceface

Reputations:
    I happen to like Jon's input on geeky and tv things. He really has knowledge about TV programming and is a little techno. Jon really is a Geek, Ralph is just a Douche.

12. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I did listen to the old geek time and now never ever.

13. nearly.normal

nearly.normal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I doubt Howard had anything to do with the cancellation of that abortion.

14. Hamptons

Hamptons Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The show used to be a discussion now its just Ralph's shitty opinion that LOST had the greatest finale of all time

15. Hamptons

Hamptons Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They weren't focusing enough of their energy on Howard's 2-day work week

16. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    Did Howard kick everyone off of the show except for Ralph? Is he the only guy on the show now? I haven't listened to it in months.

17. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It seems that all shows were cancelled shortly after Tim's State of the Channels address :dontknow:

18. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ralph stutters and gets tongue-tied worse than JD and I hate every show he's on. It's maddening waiting for him to spit out whatever words he's trying to say and it's usually not worth hearing anyway. Didn't listen today but I'd be interested to hear what he said about Breaking Bad. I remember him calling into Howard's show and saying it's not that great, the storylines are silly, and he can see the plot twists coming a mile away. I'm sure he changed his tune and kissed Vince Gilligan's ass. Ralph is almost as big a liar and hypocrite as his boyfriend Wiggy.

19. joyceface

Reputations:
    They were taken off by Howard because people were not concentrating on the Howard Stern Show.

20. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    All the Ch101 shows were nuked right after Wiggy lost the Sirius cashgrab lawsuit. Sour grapes, taking all his toys and going home type situation it seems, deciding he was just going to do the minimum required by his contract - which didn't include any particular extra shows. My best guess is Wiggy said to Sirius "pay me" for the extra content he believed he was providing above and beyond his regular show, and they passed because those fake shows were garbage anyway, except for maybe BOR.

Ralph is on with geektime all to himself because he nagged Howard. If you remember Geektime disappeared for a while too, then came back as a favor to Ralph. Wiggy is a much nastier and petty control freak than most people realize.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013