George Takei Blasts High Court's Birth Control Ruling, Calls For Hobby Lobby Boycott

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by UncaDollas, Jul 1, 2014.

1. UncaDollas

UncaDollas Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Actor and human rights activist George Takei condemned the Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby ruling Monday as a "stunning set-back for women's reproductive rights" in a post Tuesday on his personal blog, That Blog Is So Takei.

"Hobby Lobby is not a church. It's a business -- and a big one at that. Businesses must and should be required to comply with neutrally crafted laws of general applicability," Takei wrote. "Your boss should not have a say over your healthcare. Once the law starts permitting exceptions based on 'sincerely held religious beliefs' there's no end to the mischief and discrimination that will ensue."

In a 5-4 decision Monday, the Supreme Court ruled that closely held corporations can opt out of providing contraception coverage if it violates their sincere religious beliefs, a ruling Takei viewed as potentially skewed by the plaintiffs' Christian faith.

"In this case, the owners happen to be deeply Christian; one wonders whether the case would have come out differently if a Muslim-run chain business attempted to impose Sharia law on its employees," Takei said.

The "Star Trek" actor also criticized the craft store chain for spending millions of dollars on employee retirement plans that are invested in a variety of manufacturers that produce the same contraceptive products the company protested in its lawsuit.

"It also buys most of its inventory from China, where forced abortions are common," Takei added. "The hypocrisy is galling."

Takei urged readers to boycott Hobby Lobby and other for-profit businesses that deprive their employees of health coverage based on invasive religious beliefs.

"We are a nation that respects religious beliefs, but also the right not to have those beliefs imposed upon you by others. Our personal beliefs stop at the end of our noses," Takei concluded. "The only way such companies ever learn to treat people with decency and tolerance is to hit them where it counts -- in their pocketbooks."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000042&ir=Technology

Bungzilla and smichal like this.
  2. Donkeyboy2190

Donkeyboy2190 Never earned a dimes

Reputations:
    That's such bullshit. He'd also be defending someone's right to wear a hajib to work based off religious principles.

Hypocrites, all of them.

reno, DarkFriday, PI Nate and 2 others like this.
  3. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
    Sounds like he's all for government mandated insurance.

That's sort of like an interment camp.

4. RumBalls

RumBalls The original RumBalls, est. Jan 16, 2012

Reputations:
    Fuck him..annoying fuck

5. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    I honestly don't understand how simple contraception is a matter for health insurance. The pill is like $10 a month and planned parenthood hands out freebies for the indolent.

6. UncaDollas

UncaDollas Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Who put George in charge of women's reproductive rights? I would think 1rst choice would be a woman, not a gay guy.

Gunslinger and Ta Ta Toothy like this.
  7. Onion

Onion Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Nothing sadder than an old Queen. ~Wiggy S.

8. Wangold

Wangold Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Doesn't Georgie realize that a high percentage of Hobby Lobby's employees are gay? :sgay:

I guess he doesn't care if they lose their jobs from the boycott.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    Ta Ta Toothy likes this.
  9. Onion

Onion Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    We have a nation of people thinking that the government is Daddy. Give me Daddy or I'm going to throw a fit.

10. ohmicah

Reputations:
    And I thought the bullshit feud with Shatner had gone on long enough.

11. Alisonsbankacct

Alisonsbankacct Out to lunch.

Reputations:
    I don't think George writes a single thing attributed to him or his social media accounts. I truly believe it is Brad or a manager or someone like that. He is a nice man but completely out of it. I just started watching the birthday bash and no one knew what he was talking about in his introduction, including George.

CrucifiedAGT likes this.
  12. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    George is a one trick pony.
    he'd rather obsess about how 'his people' were treated 70 years ago during a world war than attempt to understand the religious convictions of America's largest religious group. That's the famous open-mindedness the left prides itself on.
    nothing new here, the left routinely uses extortion and boycotts when it doesn't get what it wants. Funny, the same left used the courts to overturn the people's vote in California on gay marriage (2008, Prop 8), where 52% of Californians, and 2/3rds of Calif counties voted to oppose gay marriage. so much for democracy..

13. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    But he should be forced to pay for it?

14. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Oh my!!

reno likes this.
  15. Chibbs

Chibbs Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I am so sick of this fucking queen.

Live and let live works both ways but the faggots seem to have a problem with that.

16. ohmicah

Reputations:
    Oh, if only they didn't put him in an interment camp. He and his family could have stuck around the neighborhood and took their chances with the angry mobs.

SouthernListen likes this.
  17. Onion

Onion Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Can put him back in an interment camp?

Birddog and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  18. slats7

slats7 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    he's just worried that this will open up the door for discrimination against gays. I notice he didn't chastise China for the forced abortions

1Vegasgirl and Mantis like this.
  19. puncher

puncher VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    George and Howie are much in the same....they are for peoples freedoms as long as those freedoms all in line with their own beliefs. Old George needs to stop trying to be the "Robin Hood" for the gays and liberalism, and be happy with what his life.....I say let Hobby Lobby, Chic Filet, and all these other companies do what they want.

20. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    This stupid dumbfuck either doesn't understand or purposely obfuscates the difference between your boss " interfering " with your health care and forcing your boss to pay for it, which is already unconstitutional, despite what the political hacks on the Supreme Court say.

Gunslinger, CrucifiedAGT and Mantis like this.