Get Mark Cuban Back On The Show...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Bababaloney, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Bababaloney

Bababaloney Fudge Packer Banned User

Reputations:
    I find Cuban to be an interesting guest and I agree with alot of his views, but he's dead wrong on this A-Roid thing.

Poor little persecuted Alex not only used, but he lead younger players into using, he obstructed the investigation and is now lying his ass off and tarnishing the game. The guy's getting off easy with a 214 game ban. He should get a lifetime ban and forfeit all his salary.

Here's hoping some pitcher throws at him (maybe at that bad hip) and ends the scum bag's career.

As a Yankee fan, I can easily say this dirt bag was never a true Yankee and never will be.

Say what you want about Cervelli, but at least he owned up to it and is taking his punishment.

2. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Artie had ARod pegged - Mr. April

3. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    No, Cuban is correct that MLB is being run by Selig's whims and emotions.

There need to be procedures in place, and they need to be followed. I have zero sympathy for ARod, but he should not receive any special punishment. Ryan Braun has been busted twice now, and he received less punishment.

ARod is done, anyway. He'll be 40 when the suspension is over, and his skills have really deteriorated.

4. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm a diehard Mavs fan and appreciate everything Cuban has done for the team. Having said that, he needs to shut his mouth about this issue. He sounds like a bratty kid who didn't get his way. Nobody knows what evidence they have on that dirtbag A-Rod.

5. SillyOldMan

SillyOldMan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Does anybody really care if these guys use PEDs or HGHs? I could care less. Guys get shot up with all types of pain killers and numbing agents before and during NFL games. But that is OK? Or to get petty, how about taking an Advil if a player has a headache? Isn't that a performance enhancing drug?

I just don't get the outrage over this. Why some drugs are allowed but others are not. Every player takes all types is supplements and tries to get as much of an edge.

6. Obi Drunkenobe

Obi Drunkenobe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I do. I don't think PEDs have any place in baseball. Part of the fun of baseball is comparing stats between old players vs modern era. That is completely screwed up now.

7. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    I have no problem with ARod. ALL these players were asked by fans and baseball media if they used and EVERYONE starting from McGwire and Sosa(We all cheered on making excuses they were clean) up till now said.....NO. Then it all fell apart and everyone has been positive. Even a former teammate of Pujols is saying he used PED's.

In the first game back for Arod in Chicage they booed him like crazy. Funny thing is the winning pitcher on their team in that game was a banned Steroid user and the loser(Pettite) was a steroid user too. :backlol:

Tons of guys including big players are PED users getting away with it right now but baseball is making Arod take the fall as if he is the only one and only one to say no I didn't use. :rolleye2:

8. Bababaloney

Reputations:
    There's a HUGE difference between a cortisone shot, advil, etc. vs. a PED...Good grief!!!

9. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Don't lump all fans together. Many of us knew this was going on all along and were calling for Selig to put an end to it. How in the fuck could you not have a problem with that piece of shit Gay-Rod? MLB is not making him take a fall. They have to have a ton of evidence against that jerkoff. He brought this on himself. He was lying from the time he got busted in 2009. Who in the fuck actually believed the only time he used was when he was with Texas? Its not just the PED's, its his narcissism, denials, and portraying himself as a victim. I hope he gets cock cancer.

10. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I didn't know you were a Mavs fan??? Do you go back to the Aguirre, Perkins, Donaldson, Harper, Blackman, Tarpley days when they got right in the Lakers faces and almost made the NBA Finals?

C'mon though, don't you enjoy a ballbuster like Cuban? Don't you love a guy that's not afraid to challenge the establishment and big machine like he did with David Stern and all that big market Lakers favoritism? I kind of find it inspiring the way he uses his FU money for good and engages power mongers.

11. Bababaloney

Reputations:
    To say "others are using it and getting away with it" is no rationale to say that Nimrod is some kind of fucking persecuted martyr.
    There's absolutely no doubt that he id it, yet he's such a delusional egomaniac that this clown thinks he's above the rules.

I'm guessing he'll recieve a reduced suspension. But he has ZERO chance of ever making the HOF now and he'll exit the game in utter disgrace, ending up a
    trivia question answer and nothing more.

Face facts...The guy is a dirt bag...

12. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    They took a huge shit on the record book and do NOT deserve to enter the HOF...

13. LaserT

Reputations:
    Didn't lump all fans. I just said I never saw boycotts during Mac/Sosa run or people and MLB screaming for PED tests. I saw huge ratings and filled attendances.

I just said Arod is one of many who's used PED's. He's the only one to "deny" and be narcissistic towards the PED claims? No way. So Braun never lied or came off like a narcissist? Others of the years like Palmiero? C'mon.

I don't have a problem because he's one of many they have proof on and there's many who are still getting away with it. He's one of many who have taken them and one of many who have lied.

14. LaserT

Reputations:
    What?? Face what?? I don't care who he is. Or if Braun or whoever else is a dirtbag. I just said he's one of many who has used PED's and one of many who have lied about it. Because the media and baseball tell me to hate him or think about him everyday, I should? No, I could care less.

Jack Clark came out today saying former teammate Pujols used PED's. Look at his number decline this watchdog year and after he got his millions. Shocker!

Jose Bautista in Toronto never hit HR's or RBI's and was washed up at 29 and BOOOM he starts hitting 50+ HR and 100+ with high batting avg. Give me a break. Half the league has been on them collecting HUGE contracts. ARod one of many. Don't care about the mess of a game anymore or care to put this all on one guy when so many are guilty and liars.

If this or ARod bothered me, I'd be nervous. It's just a game. A game where guys are using PED's to collect big contracts these days. I gotta more stuff to live for than to yell at them or even care. Where are the people boycotting and booing the teams charging high hundreds and thousands for tickets and $10 for a beer and $10 for a hot dog? :snicker:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  15. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Dude I go all the way back to those 80's teams. Loved those guys. Those playoff series against LA were epic. I still think the 88 squad may have been better than our title team of 2011. Few champs in league history were better than those Lakers and we took them to 7 games. What sucks is I worked in sports radio in the 90's and went to almost every game when we were winning 13 games a year. I do enjoy the way Cuban has busted balls even though it probably cost us a ring in 2006 when all of a sudden breathing on Wade was a foul. But that made it that much sweeter when Dirk shoved it up Lebron and Wade's asses. Cuban wrote a blog last week saying how it was the correct decision to break up the championship team and he would do it again. Made me wanna punch him. But don't get me wrong I am still happy to have him as an owner.

16. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    WOW, that's so cool! I remember when they started to dip as well. I also remember one of my very favorite players of all time Lafayette "Fat" Lever joining that Dallas crew in 90/91 and getting injured for the first significant time. He played this sort of weird sixth man role he had never played in Denver as an NBA All Star backing up both Harper and Blackman. Lever was an AMAZING triple double guard under 6'3", and for my money the best rebounding guard I had ever seen or read about, inch for inch or in general.

Roy Tarpley was a whole other depressing story and one of the most talented big men of that era and the drug shit just ruined what could have been the best Mavs center of all time. Even in his brief career he was close. SUPER duper awesome rebounder and shot blocker as well as a sweet post up game and touch that got better every fucking year.

BTW, I have a bunch of Mavs FULL games from that era (late 80s early 90s) on my hard drive. If you want them I can burn you some DVDs or YT them on my Wayman Tisdale channel where you could DL them.

17. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Aguirre was one of the most underrated scorers in history. I will never forget the playoff game in 88 when he scored 27 in the 3rd quarter against Houston. Tarpley is one of the saddest stories ever. He had inside and outside game and was one of the best rebounders I've ever seen. I was at a game where he had 25pts and 25rbs. I interviewed Lever a few times when I was covering games. Really nice guy. Too bad he was never the same player after those injuries. Can you post the link to that channel so I can download some games? Man that would be awesome!!!

18. Bababaloney

Reputations:
    I don't dislike A-Roid because the media tells me to. He's a dirt bag and a liar and as a Yankee fan, I knew that well before anyone telling me.

The argument that "everyone's doing it" doesn't wash because the rest of the players suspended admitted to their actions and have accepted the punishment. But of course Nimrod is above all that.
    If more are doing it, ban the entire fucking lot of them.

Frankly if I were commissioner, I would push for a lifetime ban on the first offense.
    You'd see the game cleaned up pretty fast.

BTW, your analogy regarding ticket and concession prices is nonsensical.
    You already have the power there. Don't like the prices, don't go.
    If enough of your fellow fans agree, prices go down.