Get Ready for the NSAL 2014 Calendar!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Lou Cypher, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Lou Cypher

Lou Cypher New Member VIP

Reputations:
    A Picture-Perfect Gift
    Posted by on August 14, 2013

Another month, another bundle of adorable foster kittens! The first week of August, I was back at one of my favorite places in the world—you guessed it, the campus of North Shore Animal League America—meeting the people who were adopting the seven kittens Howard and I just fostered. As hard as it was to say good-bye to these beautiful babies, it filled me with joy to know that they will be cared for by adopters who will love them forever.

Before we handed them over to their new families, we took some photos that we will cherish forever. And some of those photos are featured in a project that I’m so excited to tell you about: the brand new Animal League America 2014 Mutt-i-grees® Calendar!

[​IMG]

Howard and I had such a great time putting together a calendar in 2012, and this year’s edition was even more fun to create. The animals featured in this one-of-a-kind calendar are all Animal League America rescues, and they range from the tiniest of kittens (all of whom we fostered!) to regal, adult cats, and from adorable puppies to senior dogs of all sizes, mixes and personalities.

Some came from unwanted litters; others were rescued from puppy mills; others were ailing animals who were about to be euthanized at municipal shelters that were overcrowded and lacked the resources to care for them. Wherever they came from, they were safe once they were rescued by Animal League America.

I’m so happy to share these pictures! One of my favorites was taken on the beach with some blissful adult dogs seeing the ocean for the first time. I also love the photo of me eating ice cream—not just because I got to eat ice cream, but because the look on the face of the pup sharing with me was so darn cute! And the photos of me with our foster kittens will have a place in my heart forever.

I happen to know the photographer quite well, and he shares my love of animals and my devotion to the cause of rescue and adoption. Thank you, Howard, for giving your time and talent to help Animal League America raise the funds needed to continue to save nearly 20,000 innocent lives each year. You definitely win “husband of the year†in my book!

I hope you are enjoying your summer as much as we are. Howard and I are busy this month fostering our new group of cuddly kitties. We’re totally hooked on fostering, and as I told you in last month’s blog, I totally recommend it. Please consider opening your home to these precious animals until they are ready for their forever homes.

Finding wonderful homes for shelter animals, fondly known as Mutt-i-grees, is what Animal League America is all about. Just think of it: Because of Animal League America and supporters like you, more than 1 million dogs, cats, puppies and kittens who would almost certainly have been euthanized at municipal shelters were instead adopted into loving homes. I cannot begin to express how proud I am to be the spokesperson for this organization, and I thank you from the bottom of heart for supporting our life-saving mission.

Xo,
    Beth

P.S. There are still several dozen black cats (the luckiest kind in the world!) available for adoption at Animal League America. Please come by and meet your new best friend today.

http://www.animalleague.org/events-...th/beths-blog/posts/picture-perfect-gift.html

2. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I remember her saying "I'm so proud of my pictures" after that last calendar,, and thought to myself... what does that mean?

3. landfill

landfill Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  4. Lou Cypher

Lou Cypher New Member VIP

Reputations:
    "I also love the photo of me eating ice cream..." :puke:

5. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Once again, another photo of Howard from his "good side" with clenched jaw, looking miseraboe as usual.

:haha:

6. LaReineBlanche

LaReineBlanche Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  7. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Now family friendly Stern is gearing up for operation shake down of the remaining stern show fans for 7 million dollars for the Bianca wing at NSAL.

Stern green rooms will be jam packed with charity winners....:jj:

8. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    If my chest looked like that? I'd make damn sure my shirt was buttoned.

Check out Beffy's body language trying to escape the beached whale next to her. And that buffalo on the far right? Her dress would sleep at least 2 people on a camping trip... :pig:

9. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    fucking brilliant nemo BRILLIANT! :clap:

10. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

11. CCMaguire

CCMaguire Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Me, me, ME, MEEEEEE!

12. Onehourphoto

Onehourphoto Maverick Gold

Reputations:
    I-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i

me-me-me-me-me-me-me-me-me-me-me

13. CCMaguire

CCMaguire Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Someone needs to enlarge this pic. I need better details! Did the lucky adoptive parents actually pick them up at Chimneyville? Is NSAL located on the beach?

14. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    Jesus Christ those women are gigantic!

I guess when Howard bragged about how his saintly wife would deliver the kittens, this is what he meant. I thought that gangly doofus would clod her way to each of their homes. :facepalm:

15. Bye You!

Reputations:
    No good point. It's not in the beach, AFAIK.

But no way Howard or any hamptonite is letting those fatties on their sacred beach.

16. SleepingWarrior

SleepingWarrior Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Now we know why Beth is so involved with NSAL, it makes her look even skinnier to be next to the other beasts involved

17. Bye You!

Reputations:
    Howard definitely photoshopped that pic.

The sky is blindingly white in his world.

Maybe he put the beach in. :dontknow:

18. Lou Skunt

Lou Skunt ____________________ Banned User

Reputations:
    This story would have a happy ending if those fatties cannibalized the pelican and horse right there on the beach.

19. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]...:dance:
    [video=youtube;ru03SfdB5YA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru03SfdB5YA[/video]

20. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations: