Gilbert Gottfried Podcast and Stern connection

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by OneBallBelz, Mar 24, 2015.

1. OneBallBelz

OneBallBelz Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Gilbert just released another podcast with his sidekick Frank Santopadre. The guest this time is music icon Bobby Rydell. Well worth a listen as Bobby shares some great stories.

I wanted to find out more about Frank Santopadre and found his website. He has a multimedia resume that is a slideshow describing where he worked and what he did. Check out the last slide below.

[​IMG]

2. bobp

bobp Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I listen to Gilbert's podcast all the time. A lot of times when I'm checking out Dawg's. He's a great interviewer. And some of the people he interviews are so obscure yet have fantastic stories. And his co-host is great as well. He's so well informed and only interjects when the time is right. Gilbert's a great podcaster.

3. N Copter

N Copter Shot Dead Banned User

Reputations:
    Gilbert is way better than I would have expected. I figured he would have been a total mess attempting to run a show as opposed to being on it.

yaddc and bobp like this.
  4. ElegantElliotRight!

ElegantElliotRight! Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  5. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I love Gilbert's podcast. His guests are great for the most part, even though I haven't heard of half of them. They almost always have fantastic old Hollywood/show business stories. I would reccomend the Robert Osbourne episode to anyone who hasn't listened yet and feels a little overwhelmed, it's their best one IMHO. I really think Gilbert's podcast would completely blow my mind if I was a TMC/old movie fanatic.

yaddc, blindbella, lilbuddy67 and 2 others like this.
  6. Senator Rick

Senator Rick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Didn't know Frank had written for Howard Stern.

By the way- I listened to that Bobby Rydell interview Sunday night.
    Hadn't expected much & was kind of disappointed that he was the guest this week.
    Turns out, Bobby Rydell's a very interesting guy and very funny. He has some great stories too.
    I liked his impressions a lot.

The Nothing 19 and blindbella like this.
  7. bobp

Reputations:
    I know. I listen to Adam Carolla also. Those are the only 2 podcasts I can listen to. But even Adam gets tiring a lot of the time. But Gilbert and his sidekick ask such great questions (the ones I would ask) and they are always so goddamned well informed on their guest. That Santopadre guy, I have no idea who he is, but he is great with Gilbert. They both always seem so interested in the guest. Some of these guests I've never heard of, but their stories of old Hollywood or whatever they are talking about is so entertaining.

8. flonsta

flonsta Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Agree with others here, Gilbert's podcast is surprisingly great. And Santopadre does a terrific job keeping things moving; he's a perfect complement to the sometimes-distracted Gilbert.

UpInSmoke123 likes this.
  9. Skoal

Skoal Active Member

Reputations:
    I loved that episode, and I'm not an old hollywood film fan at all. Just a great job by Gilbert and Frank, that Osbourne guy was damn interesting.

blindbella and bobp like this.
  10. bobp

Reputations:
    That's what's so great with Gilbert. Bobby Rydell? Really? Who the hell knows who he is? (Well I do). No Lady Gaga? Who by the way is a musical genius. Or so I heard. Or Madonna? I'm not that hip to dig her, sorry, folks. But I know who Bobby Rydell is (yea I guess I'm finally old, good for me).

But with Gilbert I know I'll be hearing a great interview with lots of inside tidbits from his life. I'm sure he told some great stories. I'm looking forward to listening to it.

blindbella and Senator Rick like this.
  11. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They really just scratched the surface with Robert Osbourne. They could easily have him back a few more times.

12. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hey Gilbert Howard says all podcast suck except Joe Rogans . He knows Joe will make him tapout if he says shit about it.

13. Senator Rick

Reputations:
    In my top 5 of Gilbert/Frank podcasts so far.
    I was amazed to learn that Lucille Ball had discovered him and encouraged him when he was a young actor.
    Hell - I never even knew Robert Osborne had had an acting career.
    Amazing guy ...I wish they could have him back.
    And Drew Friedman. Probably my favorite of all of the podcasts the guys have done so far.
    And Tom Leopold. And Steven Cox.

Jesus- I really love this show. I hope it goes on forever.

yaddc, blindbella and gotnolife like this.
  14. Senator Rick

Reputations:
    I was a kid when I saw Bye Bye Birdie -1st time I'd ever heard of Rydell. I was too young to know of all of his hits.
    I'd later discover them post-Brit Invasion but at the time, I didn't even know he'd been a big teenage pop star.

15. bobp

Reputations:
    And now you do, thanks to Gilbert. His guests are great for this reason alone. His podcasts are just very enjoyable. I don't want to compare him to Johnny Carson's interviewing skills, that's a bit of a stretch (then again maybe not), but his interviews, like I said, are just very enjoyable.

16. jr7543

jr7543 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The Alan Zwiebel episode was good. Liked his story of turning in Paul Simon's "The Boxer" as a poetry assignment.

17. blindbella

blindbella Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Frank's gonna love these comments. I told him to check out dawgs for the love.

Senator Rick likes this.
  18. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Nobody going to comment that 2013 Stern "news jokes" were practically non-existent?

I'd be embarassed if I was a "writer" for Stern in these last five years of his career. Frank should omit the year. It's like saying "I fucked Cher," Oh, back in the 60s? "Nah, last Tuesday." Yeesh.

19. SillyOldMan

SillyOldMan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Exactly! Where were the jokes? And did he come to the Sirius office to write them each day during the news? It sounds like it was done remotely in advance of the day's show for some reason to me.

20. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Super fun episode out today featuring Steve Buscemi. Don't miss it! :cheer: