Gilbert Gottfried

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by TheLACritic, Sep 14, 2013.

1. TheLACritic

TheLACritic Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Can anyone explain why Gilbert has been absent from the Show? Has he not called Gary? Was there a falling out with Howard or the Show? Howard knew how to get the best out of Gilbert. At least Gilbert appears to be happy these days. But I miss his comedy on the Show. Heck, where is the comedy on the Stern Show?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  2. RumBalls

RumBalls The original RumBalls, est. Jan 16, 2012

Reputations:
    Gilbert is funny and edgy.... the show has evolved or devolved

3. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Because the Howard Stern Show is no longer a comedy show. (read as: because the show sucks now)

Howard probably used Artie's suicide attempt and his subsequent attempt to be sensitive to Artie's situation as impetus to never have comics on the show again. Which is something he's probably secretly wanted since he realized almost everyone in comedy is funnier than him.

The last time Gilbert was on, it was a standard interview and was painfully unfunny.

4. RumBalls

RumBalls The original RumBalls, est. Jan 16, 2012

Reputations:
    nice cans on striped dress

5. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    I wonder if Howard got pissed when Gilbert spit in the halls. Two+ decades of loyalty and hilarious radio meas nothing to Howard.

Thankfully, Gilbert's great on Penn's Sunday School and was funny as fuck on Jay Thomas. Jimmy Norton recently mentioned that he talked to Gilbert and Gilbert was cracking him up. Hopefully he'll do O&A soon. Ant is great with the old references, so he'd be great to lead Gilbert into some of the classic bits/characters that he does.

BTW, for anybody who missed Gilbert on Norm's short-lived podcast, do yourself a favor and check it out.

[video=youtube;JtAkLGLviGk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtAkLGLviGk[/video]

[video=youtube;I22Pk7QhGok]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I22Pk7QhGok[/video]

6. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    More Saturday Gilbert Goodness!

[video=youtube;l3J19vY-y-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3J19vY-y-Y[/video]

7. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    So is Norm's podcast officially cancelled? The last I heard was that it was on "hiatus", but I guess it's no different than TV shows that are on hiatus before being cancelled.

8. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    My absolute favorite Gilbert appearance on the show. I crack up every time I hear it. :rofl:

[video=youtube;6hP2brjL3fI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hP2brjL3fI[/video]
    [video=youtube;aISRemau0RI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aISRemau0RI[/video]
    [video=youtube;IMg-59K8LbY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMg-59K8LbY[/video]

:hilarious:

9. Ashbeard

Ashbeard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard pretty much stopped having comedians on the show after Artie lost it, I guess because they were all friends of Arts. Gary probably asked guests not to mention Artie in the same way they were instructed on the voice of Robin. This probably pissed off guys like Norm and Nick Dipaulo. Gary said its not really a comedy show anymore, FaFaFuckhead. No one wants to hear a comedian get psycho analyzed by an old Jew. I would rather hear their comments on current events, not why they hate their father and in a sense that, fact of the matter is and so on...

Gilbert is too outrageous for the current version of THSS. Also he spit on the wall and on the cupcakes last time he was in and Howard flipped his wig.

10. Ashbeard

Ashbeard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I recently listened to the Artie roast again and all the comedians ripped him a new anal fissure. He couldn't spar with any of them and he couldn't back then he just stuttered and didn't have any comebacks. That's why the long interviews so he can stay dominant or just interrupts when they start to riff.

11. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    I think that's their way of quelling any criticism on either side. I might be dead wrong, but I think Norm thought he was gonna be doing this free form thing and found out that it wasn't the case. Adam Carolla has a business to run and I think Norm's attitude didn't quite work well with his model.

12. Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Gilbert could care less, he got back on his feet after losing the Aflack gig...it's our loss.

Yeah no listen, Booey has been instructed to not book GG

13. joyceface

joyceface Queen of Everything VIP

Reputations:
    I saw him do a show about two weeks ago. Meet him afterwards and told him he was very funny, goo fah you! And he laughed at that. . Saw louie anderson last night and he was a lot of fun too (not that this is stern related, just thought I'd mention it for comparison sake).Gilbert was really dirty, Louie not at all.

14. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    i don't believe gilbert was ever allowed to sit in on the show after referring to obama as a Reggie. it was cut from the replays. i could be wrong, but i think he was only in once or twice since then and only for interviews. one being the aflac situation.

15. Turkeyneck

Turkeyneck Howard's got one, not me VIP

Reputations:

16. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    Holy fuck Gilbert is the best! When he says on Norm's podcast "I think cancer is a small price to pay to be able to lick Catherine Zeta-Jones' pussy....I fucking lost it!

17. Mugsy

Mugsy Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Gilbert on O&A would be amazing!!! The banter between he and Ant would be epic!!!

18. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    So true. Wonder why O & A have not had him on. That would be hilarious.

19. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    They've said in the past that they'd love to have him on, but he was forbidden. Hopefully he'll be on soon now that Howard's done with him.

20. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Sadly comedy takes away from plug and agenda time.