Give us your over-under on Nick's buyout

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by onefourthree, Jan 22, 2013.

1. onefourthree

onefourthree Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Supposedly he had 2 years left at $500k per...so...six months would be $250k...but my guess is more like...$400k...your thoughts ?

2. sternski

sternski New Member Banned User

Reputations:
  3. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    I don't know how these things work but I would think it would be a little higher because they're buying his silence as well, and possibly a no-compete clause................or maybe they didn't bother with that part. :D

Make it last, Nick Andi...................that's the last payday he'll be seeing in this life.

4. Mugsysam

Mugsysam Active Member

Reputations:
    I think paying him what he is owed at all is paying for his silence. I don't think he got anything extra for that. We'll find out if he truly was paid to be quiet because he's on Fox's Show "The Red Eye" this Friday night (I think it's 3am). I don't know for sure if he'll have the opportunity to talk at all about the show, but I would imagine possibly the host might ask him about it. So if the host does ask-and Nick says nothing, then of course that's our answer for sure. He was paid to be quiet.

5. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    The duration of his contract as long as he doesn't work in radio again until the contract ends, and he'll get paid on his usual schedule. That's the way pay or play contracts work which is usually what contracts in radio are, particularly since he seems to have had a holding deal before the show started. Now, Rick might want to/think-he-can get a job in radio again and so he took a buyout, or they might have released him, paid him a lump sum and he agrees not to talk about. Or, the contract might have been renewable and he's not talking because he's suing for wrongful termination - where I would imagine his only recourse would be dragging artie through the pee on the wall, call outs, hostile work, etc.

6. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If he plans on suing (which I doubt), that means he didn't sign the termination/severance package yet.
    Usually, there is a clause in there that says, once you sign & get your money, you can't take further legal action. That is very common in the corporate world, but radio can be totally different......
    My bet is that Nick got a boatload of money & we will probably never learn of what really went down.

7. Chucky

Chucky Member

Reputations:
    Yeah I don't think we're going to hear anything, at least from Nick.

I really doubt anything about the N&A fallout will be brought up on Red Eye.

8. fatstuff

fatstuff New Member

Reputations:
    I think they'd just pay him as per his contract and tell him not to host or co-host a TV or radio show until the contract expires.
    It seems that company has money to burn and is almost treated like the government / public service in some ways. Like, everybody bleeds it for their cut here and there. That guest booker is getting $200k for sending over a bunch of nobodies.
    The cunt just offers the guest spot each night to the first cunt that calls that morning.
    Its never anyone Dan or Artie couldn't get themselves, but I guess they figure "Ah, we'll let this guy have a slice of the pie too".