Giving it another go - Calling into the show tomorrow

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by garypagetwo, Jun 25, 2012.

1. garypagetwo

garypagetwo The Gun Gold

Reputations:
    Ok so last week, my AGT line apparently didn't work. The call screener seemed excited I was calling from Norway, and my comment to Howard was something like "AGT in Norway is horrible and is nothing to the American one now that Howard's on it"...something like that.

It didn't work, because while on hold, Howard did actually start talking about AGT, took a few calls, but ended up talking for like 15min to some tranny and playing a game with her. My call was then dropped.

Anyways, this time I'm going to say that my question for Howard is if he's "ever turned down sex because of low self esteem". How does something like that sound? Or should I try some AGT thing again?

2. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    Praise "The Amazing One" and you might get through . . .

3. BenBas

BenBas Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Uh..I think I'll call in tomorrow! I haven' t called the show in almost 3years!
    I used to call in ALOT and goof on JD!
    When Howard & Robin used to goof on JD going to Hawaii to visit his Mom!
    I got right thru asap!!!
    u have to try to be ON TOPIC!!! ;)
    or just LIE to Will ! haha

Forget all your AGT ideas...
    call in and ask Howard..."Why all the SECRECY about Robin's ILLNESS?????" what's GOING ON WITH HER??????
    I would ask her if she was diagnosed with GIST????

anyway....u have to "fib" to get past Will!!!
    then go for the juggler!! he he

ask Howard "when did you have the veneer work done?? how much did it cost?? and did Beth's Dad do the work??

I noticed Mark Walhburg mentioned Howard's new TEETH!! :D Couldn't believe it!!! so rude during his interview...
    and Howard actually answered him...sort of :rolleye:

I'll try to call in tomorrow too!!!
    you have to start calling in at 6am!!!
    before Bobo and MFB!!!
    I'll ask a Robin question since NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT Robin's ILLNESS!!!!
    see if Howard is HONEST for ONCE !!

peace & love

4. Gretsch Man

Gretsch Man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I love how BenBas' reply is all about herself. "I think I'll call in tomorrow!"

5. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    Call in to discuss penis size in Norway as it compares to a Schlitz Tall Boy.

You'll get right thru.

6. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ^^^
    Norwegian Wood

one of Howies favorites
    [video=youtube;lY5i4-rWh44]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY5i4-rWh44[/video]

7. AGT Blows

AGT Blows Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  8. garypagetwo

garypagetwo The Gun Gold

Reputations:
    Will didn't even answer the phone. And nothing after the JD thing made any sense.

9. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    Call in and say you want to praise Robin for still coming to work everyday even though shes sick. And then ask her is shes seen Howards super gay photography website.

10. Smartguy

Smartguy This Space Is For Rent VIP

Reputations:
    If I had the time and patience, I would call and ask him why he tolerates all the hangers on going out and using his name to further their own career. Once he got going on a good rant about it I would drop a zinger like," What really bothers me is everytime I see Beth go on a talk show she has to mention that she is married to you within 30 seconds like it is her only reason for being there. I mean she had a career before you met right?"

11. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I used to call in a lil bit in the late 90s/early 2000s and even got nominated for an F-Emmy for "Best Celebrity Fight". But the difference was they were FIVE days a week and used to have a steady booking of guests listed (Marksfriggin etc) I could prepare for and call in to get on with that specific guest. NOW they're too lazy and redundant to have guests that far in advance and rarely take calls for guests when they do have them in, so I have completely given up.

I refuse to wait on hold all morning like all the suck-wads do. I'm just too impatient or too busy or too jaded or too lazy or too tired or ALL of the above to put up with Howard's scatterbrained bullshit anymore. I call the H101 shows alot, I get right on and their show is only an hour, emphasis completely on calls.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  12. ryanv1978

ryanv1978 New Member

Reputations:
    have fun waiting on hold again for nothing

13. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    pretend to be a shameless suck ass, then say Hi Howard

14. gearhead

gearhead New Member

Reputations:
    Bwahahahaha....I see what you did there.

15. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    I think you should tell the screeners something that Howard would want to talk about... like that you love his latest photo of Beth, or his clothes on AGT or his conversion to pescatarianism...

16. Pissed_on_Fan

Pissed_on_Fan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Gp2, last week you said you were really nervous, and if you've listened to the show for a while, you know that nervous callers usually don't fare very well. You risk getting brutally mocked (especially if you have a valid point that Howard wants to weasel away from) and also having your mind go blank, as well as simply panicking and hanging up if Howard picks up your call.

My advice would be to write down ANY & ALL comments you don't want to forget, and write clearly enough that when your mind's in a tizzy you can still read whatever you wrote. While on hold, remember there's a delay, so you may be confused initially if Howard starts talking to you. Close your eyes, relax, calm your breathing. Practice ahead of time, too, if you really want to be a good caller!

I've been on twice (one call I was happy with, and one that was so-so) and having notes prepared saved me from babbling awed gibberish. (yeah, the good ole days.)

Howard made me feel as if it were just he and I having a phone chat, and it was scary to realize how easy it would be to forget all the listeners and recording devices and the public-ness and permanence of the conversation.

Good luck, and if you do get on the air, have a good time with it. Compliment him, bash him, whatever -- just don't take too long to state your thoughts, but also don't rattle 'em out too fast. And... (I don't think this will be a problem for you, but it has to be said anyway) ...don't be a bore!! :p

17. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    ask him if he will be calling any fans on July 4th (remember how he was phoning people during the new year? hehe)

18. garypagetwo

garypagetwo The Gun Gold

Reputations:
    Thanks for the great advice! I had everything I wanted to mention written down, but the closer I thought I was to getting on, the more nervous and spaced out I was getting. It's probably a good thing Howard didn't put me on that day, because most of the things I want to bring up are quite negative...

Anyways, I think I'll be much less nervous this time, and hopefully Howard will put me on and we can engage in some conversation. Still not 100% sure what I should tell the call screener.

That's not a bad idea

19. LessMoonbeams

LessMoonbeams New Member

Reputations:
    Disguise your voice and affect a fake-ass stutter

20. ElRexican

ElRexican Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Do you call 888 9 ASSHOLE???

I've never gotten through.

either way, i thought it was weird when a girl called back last week... she just called back and got through?