Entertainment Glen Beck - noted insane person - suspended from Sirius/XM

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by playitagainfred, May 31, 2016.

1. playitagainfred

playitagainfred Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2016...sion-glenn-beck-brad-thor-interview-comments/

SiriusXM hosts Stephen K. Bannon and David Webb announced on Breitbart News Daily that SiriusXM has suspended Glenn Beck and Webb will temporarily take over Beck’s 9AM to noon Eastern time slot on SiriusXM’s Patriot Channel 125.
    SiriusXM issued the following statement:
    SiriusXM encourages a diversity of discourse and opinion on our talk programs. However, comments recently made by a guest on the independently produced Glenn Beck Program, in our judgement, may be reasonably construed by some to have been advocating harm against an individual currently running for office, which we cannot and will not condone. For that reason, we have suspended The Glenn Beck Program from our Patriot channel for the coming week and are evaluating its place in our lineup going forward. SiriusXM is committed to a spirited, robust, yet responsible political conversation and believes this action reflects those values.

the interview Beck did with fiction author Brad Thor last Wednesday, in which Thor likened the GOP’s presumptive nominee Donald Trump to a South American-style dictator who would cause an “extinction-level event” for the country if elected. Thor then declared that in such a case, Congress would not be able to remove Trump from office by “legal means” through impeachment, so Thor asked “what patriot will step up and do that” if Trump oversteps his Constitutional restraints. Beck agreed with Thor’s assessment.

2. Mr Cachexic

Mr Cachexic Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    but...Beck's show is terrestrial radio

3. Mulletude

Mulletude I'm Big In The Hate Club, Ya Know VIP

Reputations:
    Howard related because Beck started out as a morning radio zookeeper.

lurk and Mr Cachexic like this.
  4. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    When is Sirius going to suspend Howard Stern for putting on bad and unfunny radio.

5. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    Glenn Beck’s Terrifying Messiah Complex

During his time at Fox, Beck was a national sensation, dominating the right wing and playing a very important part in the formation of the Tea Party. But he took it to another level. During the height of his popularity, he got huge ratings by pushing what Eric Boehlert at Media Matters called a disturbing brand of insurrectionism — of militia media. Perhaps people have forgotten it now, but Beck actually inspired members of his “movement” to take action, violent action. Boehlert wrote:

Beck’s two years of mostly mindless harangues and toxic attacks, which kicked off when he debuted his new show the week Obama was inaugurated in 2009, did deep damage to the public dialogue and helped legitimize rancid rhetoric in a way we haven’t seen in modern American history. And in a way we’d certainly never seen or heard before on a national television platform.

Most disturbing of all was the specter of hostility that hung over Beck’s show and the unavoidable way his dark conspiracies appeared to move some fans to acts of political violence.

Fans like Richard Poplawski, who ambushed police officers at his mother’s Pittsburgh home, gunning three of them down with an Ak-47 style rifle. Poplawski feared “the Obama gun ban that’s on the way” according to a friend; a conspiracy Beck had pushed.

RoachCoachJokes likes this.
  6. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    Sounded to some like he was encouraging author Brad Thor's speculated solution of assassinating The Donald if it's perceived he oversteps his boundaries if elected as president. Of course, Beck, a Cruz lover/Trump hater is a raving loon himself.

Glenn Beck's syndicated radio show will be off SiriusXM for the rest of the week after a guest was accused of hinting that Donald Trump, if elected president, could be assassinated.

SiriusXM announced Tuesday that "The Glenn Beck Program" will be suspended from the Patriot Channel "for the coming week," and that the company is "evaluating its place in our lineup going forward."

"SiriusXM encourages a diversity of discourse and opinion on our talk programs," the company said in a statement. "However, comments recently made by a guest on the independently produced Glenn Beck Program, in our judgment, may be reasonably construed by some to have been advocating harm against an individual currently running for office, which we cannot and will not condone."

Those comments came during an interview Beck conducted last week with the fiction author and conservative commentator Brad Thor.
    Discussing a potential Donald Trump presidency, Thor lamented that impeachment would likely be off the table.
    "If Congress won't remove him from office, what patriot will step up and do that if, if, he oversteps his mandate as president, his constitutional-granted authority, I should say, as president," Thor said. "If he oversteps that, how do we get him out of office? And I don't think there is a legal means available. I think it will be a terrible, terrible position the American people will be in to get Trump out of office because you won't be able to do it through Congress."

To some, it sounded like Thor was all but advocating assassination.

The Drudge Report, the influential conservative news aggregator, ran a headline saying that Beck and Thor talked about "taking out Trump."

Beck, one of the most outspoken Trump critics on the right, was dismissive of that criticism last week, saying that certain individuals "have become the attack dogs for Donald Trump."

"Now, again, this show is an opinion show. That's what we do. We tell you the news, and then we give you our opinion on the news," Beck said. "That's not what Matt Drudge is. Matt Drudge is a website that links to the news. But his news -- his news sources have become Breitbart, who, Breitbart is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Trump industries."

Beck did not respond to a request for comment.
    His time slot on SiriusXM was filled on Tuesday by David Webb, a contributor to Fox News and Breitbart.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/31/media/glenn-beck-suspension-siriusxm/index.html

7. Princess Kitty

Princess Kitty You Knew VIP

Reputations:
  8. YodaQuiversStern

YodaQuiversStern Turn and face the strange

Reputations:
    @DiamondGoddess posted a blind about him last week that said he's starting to lose it (and that he's having an affair with a staffer that could lead to a deadly situation).

9. DiamondGoddess

DiamondGoddess Born Ready for My Close-Up! Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Damn, Beck needs to get his shit together!!!

Dude's empire is crumbling, and he's got a wife and kids.

(i think Glenn has always been cray, but somehow controlled it, which you really can't do forever, imo.)

I wonder if he's bipolar...

Thanks for the tag, Yoda!!!

10. DiamondGoddess

Reputations:
    And hey, I have wondered about the possibility of a Trump assassination, myself.

Dude must have crazy good security!!!

Zach likes this.
  11. Zach

Zach Say10 Says Smile

Reputations:
  12. YodaQuiversStern

YodaQuiversStern Turn and face the strange

Reputations:
    I wonder if Glenn is back to drinking and drugging.

DiamondGoddess likes this.
  13. DiamondGoddess

Reputations:
    Yeah!!!

He always had a crazy-high output of books n such, plus the daily show.

Always wondered how he did it...

YodaQuiversStern likes this.
  14. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:

Didn't a dozen celebs and the cooks at MSNBC not just hint, but come right out and say it when Obumbu took office?? :facepalm:

15. Dream Theater

Dream Theater DAWGS E-BULLY Squad Gold

Reputations:
    A lot of people said that Obama was gonna die of lead poisoning for being the first negroid in office...and the guy got elected to a second term. Just a bunch of loudmouth's in this country.

16. DiamondGoddess

Reputations:
    True dat, Dream!!!

17. tedsfrozenhead

tedsfrozenhead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Do you know what the difference between Glenn Beck and Howard Stern is? None, they're both cunts.

Captain and Zach like this.
  18. Dream Theater

Dream Theater DAWGS E-BULLY Squad Gold

Reputations:
    Yup and the biggest loud mouth do nothing of them all:
    Ted Nugent Declares ‘I Will Either Be Dead or in Jail’ if Obama Is Re-elected

suckemnuckledus and Mulletude like this.
  19. Captain

Captain Alto, Blanco y Guapo Gold

Reputations:

Dear Jesus: I realize you and I went our separate ways in life. You like hanging out with dudes who don't appear to have full time jobs. Me? I like pretty girls. Anyway, if you could please, please help Mr. Nugent come home to be with his Lord and Savior, I would promise to drop a Jefferson Harriet Tubman in the collection plate on Sunday. Your saucy pal, Captain

:pray:

20. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:

Even Hildabeast did it! :haha: