Sports Goddamn, I hate PreSeason NFL.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by TallTyrion, Aug 19, 2015.

1. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    I'm ready for the season to start.

Who wants to talk about their team and who IS your team
    I'm a huge Miami Dolphins mark and this Might be our year.

2. Quality Control

Quality Control dove Gold

Reputations:
    Broncos fan here! We're going to the Broncos/Pats game in November and, hopefully, it'll be a good game.

Notfunorfunny, Droog and TallTyrion like this.
  3. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    I am a Bears fan, and this might be your year.

Snort, Rahm2015, zhukov and 6 others like this.
  4. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Might be your year for what? I think Miami's biggest problem is their owner situation.....They have what...Seven, Eight owners? Aren't the William sisters part owners?
    I'm thinking Rex is going to get the Bill's to at least a wild
    card with the Pat's taking the east......
    So, That leaves the Fin's in the lurch.......Sorry

FosterKitten likes this.
  5. broccoli rob

broccoli rob thanks for the memories DW3

Reputations:
    Tannehill looked great last week. Nice 85 yard drive down the field. He looked confident and his footwork appeared to be improved. I liked seeing him work through his progressions and tuck the ball and run for a first down when Chicago D had the receivers covered.

Lamar Miller also looked impressive and I was happy with the O line. The first team (and second team) defense also shut down Cutler and the Bears offense, but I expected that anyways.
    They don't have the minority owners anymore, that was like 4 years ago. Ross learned from that mistake and there is no sideshows anymore with the Dolphins. The guy has come along way and so has the team.

Rex Ryan leading the Bills to the wild card with Tyrod Taylor at QB? :snicker: will never happen.

The Dolphins are the real deal this year and everyone is going to see a big difference between the Fins and Bills and Jets. Tannehill is going to take another step forward and earn that big contract.

6. TallTyrion

Reputations:
    Cutler blows, so there's that.

I'm concerned with the depth of the O-Line, the Linebacker Corps and the Defensive Backs.
    I think the fins offensive attack is interesting with the WR/TE complement one of the best in the league, paired with Miller or Tanney, who can take off at any time. I hope Tanney can stay uninjured.

7. TallTyrion

Reputations:
    Sorry about your bad luck Brutha. Cutler just sucks.

8. suckemnuckledus

suckemnuckledus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    San Francisco fan, we will fucking blow! Think I'm going to root for the Browns. That shitty team needs a break...
    [​IMG]

bossofbam, WHTHS, x76 and 3 others like this.
  9. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I like the Baltimore Colts or the Houston Oilers.

10. broccoli rob

Reputations:
    If Albert can stay healthy, the O Line will be OK. I wanted Mathis but it looks like they are going to pass. The two mistakes from the Chicago/Miami game were Jason Fox and Billy Turner, but both Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner looked pretty good blocking. It was only one game, though, so they need to continue. We need to get two reliable guards out of Thomas, Turner, McClendon, and Douglas.

I want to see more of UFDA Zach Vigil this week. I hope he can step up and take the Mike position. Misi needs to go next year. If I was coach, I would cut his ass and use his $$ to re-sign Olivier Vernon or Lamar Miller. Lets bring back some guys that aren't made of glass.

Jordan Cameron will be an upgrade over Charles Clay, I hope Buffalo enjoys their overpaid fullback TE.

11. joemama

joemama Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ravens fan here and confident this will be another great year. One of the best run organizations in all of sports. In Ozzie we Trust.

shrinkage and TallTyrion like this.
  12. TallTyrion

Reputations:
    It's going to be an interesting season and I look to the Bills and the Pats as our main competition. If Philbin doesn't go deep in the playoffs, he's dunzo and probably should be gone anyway.

The Cameron/Sims combo is super interesting to me, as is Stills/Jennings/Landry/Parker. There are a couple of guys of the Rashard Mathews ilk that may end up getting cut because the WR depth this year.

13. TallTyrion

Reputations:
    At least you guys don't have Cam Cameron to kick around anymore....

Divorce Chicken and broccoli rob like this.
  14. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I grew up watching Elway. My first recollection of watching football was when Craig Morton led the Broncos to the Super Bowl. Since moving to Michigan, I realize just how great of a franchise the Broncos are. Rarely do they have losing seasons. The Lions have won only one playoff game in over 55 years! Used to be fun going to Broncos games at Mile High Stadium. All the fans stomped their feet and the sound was like a freight train. Great burritos sold out of styrofoam coolers outside the stadium too.

TallTyrion and Quality Control like this.
  15. Droog

Reputations:
    Sometimes big moves don't work out. Remember Philadelphia loading up their defense a few years ago? The defense sucked. Miami paid too much for Suh. That's going to hurt going forward and that asshole isn't the restructuring type.

As for preseason football, I never watch it. I stopped a long time ago. Part of my disdain for it comes from being forced to buy preseason games at the same price as regular season games when I had season tickets.

Rahm2015, x76 and FosterKitten like this.
  16. TallTyrion

Reputations:
    I spent some time in Colorado during my stint in the AF and they have a wonderful fanbase there. There is NOTHING going on during Bronco games.

Funny story, I went to INVESCO field for Terrell Davis' last game, which was a pre-season game. My first time there, a friend and I scored tickets in the last row of the upper deck....climbed all the steps to the top and were absolutely dying...up at the top there were a couple of fat guys just sitting there eating nachos. I asked them how they managed that climb and the one fat guy pointed at the elevator about 50 feet away.....sheesh

shrinkage, Quality Control and Droog like this.
  17. Droog

Reputations:
    im glad things fell apart for SF. It made it possible for Harbaugh to become Michigan's coach.

18. Quality Control

Quality Control dove Gold

Reputations:
    I never went to a game at Mile High, unfortunately, but I did go there on a field trip when I was in elementary school. It gets pretty loud at Sports Authority, though.

19. TallTyrion

Reputations:
    another example of that was Shula's last year here. he brought in Keith Jackson and a bunch of other big name free agents and it ended up getting Jimmy Johnson hired....

Droog likes this.
  20. broccoli rob

Reputations:
    Tannehill has a ton of targets and he is more than ready to spread the ball around. Dolphins are in South Carolina practicing with the Panthers today and he is on fire.

omarkelly Ryan Tannehill completed every pass during his reps vs the Panthers starting defense. Two were first down throws. His accuracy has improved so much this season. Progress!

FosterKitten likes this.