Golddigging Ruled Illegal by Judge in Clippers Case

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MyLazyHand, Apr 15, 2015.

1. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    Shelly Sterling's victory Tuesday in Los Angeles Superior Court will force V. Stiviano to surrender a $1.8 million duplex and return $800,000 lavished on her in cash handouts and several luxury cars, including a Ferrari, during a shadowy relationship.

I am thoroughly confused by this judge's ruling. I'm also torn by the outcome. The judge has ruled that the whore must give back nearly EVERYTHING she received from the crazy billionaire. On the one hand, a man should be able to spend his money as he likes, even if that means wasting millions on some wacky fraud.

On the other hand, the wacky fraud is the very reason this guy became a pariah because she recorded and released his rants even as he was giving her the millions. She deserves a smackdown.

On some other hand, why does the first wife deserve BILLIONS just for being around when the husband earned 100% of the money in the first place?

So if this man went to Best Buy and purchased 10 TV's, do they have to return the money later?

[​IMG]

http://news.yahoo.com/woman-loses-home-other-gifts-wife-ex-clippers-085123262--spt.html

smichal, scoobyla and teehee like this.
  2. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    if he wanted to give his money away then he should have been allowed to
    if he then regrets that decision then he should never do it again
    the ex seems like a bitter old lady who is probably as twisted as her husband seems to be

but that Chinese(??) broad is strange looking

3. MyLazyHand

Reputations:
    How can she be forced to return "cash lavished upon her" during the relationship?!

If women have to pay back gifts from a man, this will change the entire economy.

PSU Shower Room and PI Nate like this.
  4. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    Victory for wife of ex-Clippers owner Donald Sterling as judge rules 'mistress' V Stiviano must pay her $2.6m in sugar daddy gifts
    • Shelly Sterling has been awarded most of the nearly $3 million she had sought to be returned
    • Her lawyers successfully argued that money used to buy V. Stiviano a house, luxury cars and stocks was her community property
    • Stiviano's lawyer had argued the gifts were made when Donald and Shelly Sterling were separated
    • Ruling comes nearly a year after Stiviano's recording of Donald Sterling making racially offensive remarks that cost him ownership of the Clippers
    • Shelly had filed the suit about a month before the recording of Donald telling Stiviano not to associate with black people created an uproar..

V.Stiviano, the alleged mistress of Clippers owner Donald Sterling, who he showered with expensive gifts, has been ordered to pay his wife $2.6million.

Los Angeles judge Richard Fruin Jr. awarded Shelly Sterling most of the nearly $3million she had sought.

Lawyers for Sterling had claimed that money used to buy V. Stiviano a house, luxury cars and stocks was her community property the couple had acquired over six decades of marriage.

Stiviano's lawyer had argued that the gifts were made when Donald and Shelly were separated and that Shelly Sterling couldn't seek them from a third party.

[​IMG]

Tuesday's ruling comes nearly a year after Stiviano's recording of Donald Sterling making racially offensive remarks bounced him from the NBA and cost him team ownership.

Shelly Sterling's lawyers used other recordings to show he bought Stiviano a house, a Ferrari and other things.

In the recordings on Stiviano's iPhone, she and the 80-year-old billionaire are heard discussing how to shield gifts from his wife.
    'The truth is that everything that I have, you've given me from your heart without me begging or asking or throwing myself all over you,' Stiviano said in snippet played in court.

During the course of their 2 1/2 years together, Sterling gave her a Ferrari, a Bentley and a Range Rover, and paid the lion's share of a $1.8 million duplex.

Sterling testified that he paid for the entire house, though Stiviano said she had contributed an unknown amount of money given to her in small bills by family members that she saved in a bedroom drawer.

[​IMG]

During the course of their 2 1/2 years together, Donald Sterling had given Stiviano a Ferrari, a Bentley and a Range Rover, and paid the lion's share of a $1.8 million duplex

Donald Sterling said Stiviano hadn't contributed '50 cents' to the house and, noting that Stiviano is part black and Hispanic, said she illegally got her name inserted into escrow documents by befriending Hispanic bank and escrow employees.

Shelly Sterling filed the suit against Stiviano about a month before the recording of Donald Sterling telling Stiviano not to associate with black people created an uproar and led the NBA to ban him for life and fine him $2.5 million.

In closing arguments, late last month, Shelly Sterling's lawyer had relied on the words of Miss Stiviano to show that the elderly billionaire was her sugar daddy.

Testimony in Los Angeles Superior Court wasn't as clear-cut even after Sterling's lawyers went to great lengths to show that checks Donald Sterling drew from his real estate business ended up in accounts that financed most of Stiviano's $1.8 million Spanish-style duplex near Beverly Hills.

While an accountant for Sterling conservatively estimated that Stiviano got more than $3.6 million in Sterling gifts that included a Ferrari and Paris shopping spree, O'Donnell said he would only seek return of the house and more than $1 million in cash, saying the lower figure lined up with Stiviano's own admissions on the witness stand, depositions and court filings.

Judge Richard Fruin Jr had noted earlier that there was no clear documentation that funds went from the Sterling family's real estate company to Stiviano's bank accounts.

Defense lawyer Mac Nehoray reiterated that point in his closing argument. He attacked the credibility of witnesses, particularly Donald Sterling, who had suggested Stiviano got her name on the home title illegally.

It was Stiviano who recorded the now-infamous conversation with Donald Sterling in which he berated her for associating with black people and urged her not to bring minorities with her to Clippers basketball games.

In the furor sparked when the remarks were made public, the NBA banned Sterling from the league for life, and he was ultimately forced to sell the Clippers franchise he had owned for 33 years for a record $2 billion.

Nehoray spent most of his argument trying to convince the judge that the law doesn't allow Shelly Sterling to go after a third party like Stiviano because of a breach of fiduciary duty by her husband.

'Say he gave $2,000 to a call girl,' Nehoray said. 'Mrs. Sterling can't go and try to get that money back. We know that's not how it works.'

In her testimony, Stiviano testified that the 80-year-old billionaire real estate mogul spent far more time with her and members of her family during the two and a half years she spent as his personal assistant, driver and confidante than he did with his own wife and children.

'We were so interconnected on a level that was more spiritual. He became my everything and I became his all,' she said, though she repeated under oath that the relationship was never sexual in nature.

Shelly Sterling, who accused Stiviano of fraud when she testified, painted her rival as a gold digger who seduced her husband into lavishing her with money and gifts and was now out to hurt him.

[​IMG]
    +

Stiviano never not disputed Donald Sterling's largesse, though she quibbled with the sums at stake and emphatically denied that she used sex to manipulate him. She repeatedly testified that Sterling tried to manipulate her.

The apparent contradictions finally led Shelly Sterling's lawyer, Pierce O'Donnell, to confront Stiviano with the question: 'Who is the real Donald Sterling?'

'The real Donald Sterling is a con artist, a bigot ... he's mean, he's despicable,' Stiviano replied, before quickly adding that to her, he was 'kind, loving, sweet ... a mentor, a father. ... He treated me as he treated no one else.'

She added that tolerating his racist moments was 'part of the job' that had its rewards in the way he treated her and her family.

Stiviano broke down in tears as she described the Clippers owner showing up at the hospital when her brother needed a heart transplant and described how he appeared in court to support her adoption of two boys.

ARM and PSU Shower Room like this.
  5. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    That stiviano thing is vile. The judge should have made her slice off her face and eat it.

ScottBaiosPenis and teehee like this.
  6. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Doesn't his ex already have more money than 99.999999% of the population. Let the whore have her share. It is just chump change for a billionaire.

7. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    this is a conundrum...

8. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    those were fckn gifts, I don't get it.

Scarlett Ohara likes this.
  9. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    10 years from now that's Howard.

rabbigottfried and Ganggreen87 like this.
  10. Yeahnolisten

Yeahnolisten Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    When the billion you're going to get in the divorce isn't enough.

11. EvolvedMarbles

EvolvedMarbles Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The 7-figure click of a "record" button.

Oops.

doucheBag likes this.
  12. kingship

kingship Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Good. Let the bitch get a job.

13. XXXXX

XXXXX Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Good for the wife. His "mistress" has some nerve - accepting more than $3.6 M in cash and gifts, and then secretly records their private conversations, and leaks them to the press. Pretty evil...

However, I am surprised that the wife won this case - perhaps he used money from a jointly owned account / accounts. I wonder if the decision is appealable.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  14. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I need proof that's not a tranny

kingship, Slow, Petal and 1 other person like this.
  15. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I hope this judgement sticks.

She's going to have to go back to knob gobbling if she wants to keep a roof over her head.

doucheBag likes this.
  16. CaptainFrank

CaptainFrank Well-Known Member

Reputations:

iIRC, his wife cheated with sterling and was his mistress years earlier, she stole him from first wife.

Looks like wife's lawsuit to recoup the three million is what led to the gold digger going public, ultimately costing tens of million, public ridicule, and the forced sale of the team.

Droog likes this.
  17. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I don't see how the wife gets to recover anything. Even if half the money was hers, shouldn't it come out of his portion of the settlement? What grounds were there for the recovery of this money? Not that I give a shit about a gold digger, but a billionaire gave her that money. He can spend his money any way he pleases.

18. MyLazyHand

Reputations:
    I'm still at a loss as to how this works. How does the current wife get to SUE to have money returned that her husband spent?

If he spent it on a bad investment, would she have the right to sue?

The guy spent it the way he wanted to spend it. They weren't even a couple at that point.

And why does the WIFE get the cash? Doesn't that money belong to the husband?

WTF is going on here?

scoobyla, FishySausage and Droog like this.
  19. Petal

Petal A girl in a sea of mults VIP

Reputations:
    This stumped me too... why doesn't that amount just come out of his portion of the settlement? Why all the fuss to get it back directly from her?

Don't get me wrong... that V Stiviano chick gives me the creeps, but this is weird to me.

Scarlett Ohara and Droog like this.
  20. unclefreddy

unclefreddy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Maybe they were able to prove that she blackmailed him, just a possibility. Plus, when you have billions, you also have lots and lots of legal clout. I say, fuck these golddiggers.

kingship likes this.