Golf Media App: A Blueprint for Howard Stern's Next Move?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Benjamen, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Benjamen

Benjamen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    As reported by Variety and The New York Times in February of this year, Howard has signed on with buddy Lloyd Braun's production company Whalerock Industries (to be referred to from here on out as Whalecock) to create his own "hub".

From Variety: The company’s first deals are with Howard Stern, the Kardashian clan — Kim Kardashian West, Khloe Kardashian, Kourtney Kardashian, Kendall Jenner and Kylie Jenner — and rapper Tyler, the Creator.

Specifics on Whalerock’s “media hubs” are sketchy for now. The first rollout will be an app from Tyler, the Creator to launch in the first half of 2015 ...

On March 11, 2015, I posted this:

One month later, on April 15, 2015, Howard spent five minutes discussing -- for the first time ever -- Tyler, the Creator. He played a clip of the rapper saying the N-word at Coachella, then asked Robin if they'd ever had him on the show. Howard speculated that Tyler would be a great guest.

This was no coincidence. Just one week earlier, on April 8, 2015, Howard's fellow Whalecock client unveiled the first rollout of the new Whalecock celebrity "hub": an app called Golf Media.

From Pitchfork:

---

Tyler, the Creator Launches Golf Media App
    "Tyler and his brain without restrictions and bullshit"
    By Evan Minsker on April 8, 2015 at 3:37 p.m. EDT

Tyler, the Creator has launched Golf Media, an app that promises "Tyler and his brain without restrictions and bullshit," as The Fader reports. The app, which can be downloaded now, will begin updating with content tonight. New users can register for two free months at Golf Wang, after which it'll begin costing $5 a month ...
    The iOs store description of the app includes this quote from Tyler: "Golf Media is basically my brain in one place. It does just about everything except cure asthma. If you find an app that cures asthma, definitely let me know."

"It's a bunch of different things that are original, curated and constantly changing," manager Christian Clancy told The Fader. "Original series, content, live streaming, radio, tour stuff, golf wang, interactive and whatever other buzzwords that sound mildly annoying and marketing-like."

In February, Tyler called the app his "vision"—his attempt to make "my own MTV or my own Cartoon Network," according to The Hollywood Reporter. "It's not about the money for me," he said, "I wanted my own network. I wanted to do something cool. It's always about me doing something that I think is awesome."

---

Expect Howard to say virtually the exact same thing Tyler said about his app when he describes his own later this year. Will Whalecock and Marci Turk even persuade him to sell merchandise, like Tyler's doing?

[​IMG]

This begins to explain why Howard is backlogging video of celebrity interviews, why he's amassing a photo gallery of portraits of himself with celebs, why he's suddenly bringing new staffers onboard, and why he's always talking about Apple products and iTunes. This also explains the rumors that he'll be taking his show to Apple: Whalecock "hubs" are available through iTunes.

2. blindbella

blindbella Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thanks for the info so I can continue to ignore any "product" from him.

3. Wiggy

Wiggy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, no, listen, it's going to be a bit of a stumble.

4. Benjamen

Benjamen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This thing is only viable if it's an additional revenue stream. Tyler, the Creator is making music, doing tours and selling merchandise as his main source of income. If the Sirius deal doesn't happen -- and I'm about 50/50 on them renewing his contract -- this will be his primary revenue stream. I can't see an app supporting his and Beth's lavish lifestyle for long.

SalsMasterShake likes this.
  5. Wiggy

Wiggy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm with you, no way would this cover Howard's monthly nut, which has to be insane with the property, staff, that modest bitch he's married to, etc. I sure am hoping that Sirius laughs in his face and tells Buckwald to go get fucked. No Sirius& AGT, Howard would be pulling out his hair....err....you know.

SalsMasterShake and Benjamen like this.
  6. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    Tyler the Creator = Golf Media App

Howard the Pissa = Urine Idiot App

7. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Howard would have laughed at Nancy Martling for this.

8. DrivenByDemons

DrivenByDemons Spinoff Jesus Staff Member

Reputations:
    I like tyler

9. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
    This flows into what you were saying about Apple - my guess is that The Wig will be signed with Apple Music to provide :quote: exclusive content :quote:, beginning January 2016.

Apparently, NO ONE signed up for Apple Music when their 2-3 month free period ended. That explains why the Grupo Buchwaldo hype machine has been working OVER DRIVE in the past few months to get Howard's name out there in all of these (lately) financial papers and sites to show how :quote: relevant :quote: his:quote: brand :quote: still is. :rolleyes:

I bet you Apple - stupidly - buys Howard's bull shit, hook, line and sinker. Some 90's fan boy is probably pitching Apple management now with how Howard's "product" is a "habitual medium," and that all of the "shock jock's" loyal, 20 million fans will be signing on to Apple Music, hand over fist, to hear their champion :facepalm:

If they sign that Wigged Fraud to a long-term (3-5 year) contract with guaranteed money NOT tied to subscriptions or other quantifiable analytics, Apple is dumber than I thought...

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    RonHeinzkaboot and Benjamen like this.
  10. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...this sounds like its got fail written all over it.

Bye You! and Benjamen like this.
  11. BringBackJackie

BringBackJackie Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    In other words, expect a selfie taken from Wiggy on his squatty potty soon.

RonHeinzkaboot and Benjamen like this.
  12. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    won't be primary
    he's got two dream TV jobs too
    and I think Sirius is going to pay him for his old content and maintain a channel for his old content

I don't think he is renewing with Sirius. I think his contract actually ends this month. No contract talk on air and Julie/Sharon let it slip this is his last year with Sirius.
    I see a flood of Stern watercolor prints hitting the market

13. RonHeinzkaboot

Reputations:
    my media hub.....it's a round

14. codeine

codeine Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sign me up for "No Thank You".... He fucked me with the long con called Sirius along with the 6 straight years of PAID Howard TV Subscription.

I can't wait until Howard and his new company Whale Cock sees the thousands of subscriptions. Lol. Whalerock will jump ship ASAP and Howard will start the lawsuit proceedings.

SalsMasterShake likes this.
  15. RonHeinzkaboot

Reputations:
    I think he announces soon
    get the book on the hub

16. RonHeinzkaboot

Reputations:
    I won't sign up even if free

codeine and SalsMasterShake like this.