Gonzaga students face possible expulsion for using gun to ward off intruder

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, Nov 10, 2013.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    Gonzaga students face possible expulsion for using gun to ward off intruder

Published November 10, 2013

[​IMG]

A pair of college students in Washington state are facing disciplinary action, including possible expulsion, for using a handgun to prevent an intruder from entering their university-owned apartment.
    According to MyFoxSpokane.com, a discipline board at Gonzaga University in Spokane voted Friday to move forward with sanctions against Erik Fagan and Dan McIntosh. The men will learn what their future at the school will hold at a later date.
    Fagan and McIntosh were at the off-campus apartment on the night of October 24 when they heard a knock at the door. Fagan answered the door and found himself face-to-face with John Taylor, a convicted felon wanted on an outstanding warrant by Washington State's Department of Corrections. Fagan said Taylor demanded money, and became frustrated when the student refused.
    When Taylor attempted to barge into the apartment, Fagan called to McIntosh, who brandished his pistol, the site reported. At that, Taylor left the scene, but was later arrested by Spokane Police after the students filed a report.
    McIntosh has a concealed weapons permit for the pistol. However, Gonzaga students may not possess handguns on campus or university-owned property, according to the student handbook. In a statement to KAYU-TV, a university spokesman said the policy was longstanding and had been put in place to reduce the number of threats to the campus.
    Gonzaga is a private, four-year university affiliated with the Jesuits.

2. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    If they were my kids they'd be yanked out of Gonzaga as soon as they were sanctioned. I'll take a live sanctioned son over a dead rule abiding one anyday. IF Gonzaga can't protect it's students while in a campus owned building they have no right to stop the kids from protecting themselves. The kid wasn't attending classes with his piece, at least at that time and he's licensed.

3. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    really? a church-owned school is found making decisions that violate the rights of young boys (namely, their right to remain alive)? who would have thought the church would be so pro-offender rights?

Who would think the church would ever approve of the abuse of young men by their priests?

4. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    what the point of this thread?

To bitch about gun laws or to weep for some punk ass PRIVATE college student who cant follow the rules?

5. Hugh Blowmont

Hugh Blowmont Just be funny

Reputations:
    The world is upside down. The good guys are punished for defending themselves.

This is country is fucked

6. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    maybe its to ridicule someone like you who has issues reading for comprehension?

7. skylarbrie

skylarbrie VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    a couple of faegs

8. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So, if a student brings a gun to class and wards off an attacker, that means it is OK for students to bring guns to classes?

9. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    im pretty sure its to pull the retards out like yourself.

You have the Constitution right to a Gun,
    you DO NOT have the Constitutional right to go the private school and break their fucking rules.

Id rather be an alive rule breaker than a dead rule follower, but dont hold your breath waiting for me to be outraged because i did something i shouldnt have and now i have to face the consequences.

10. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think the moral of the story is, it's OK to not follow any gun rules if you are only doing it "for good".

11. Hugh Blowmont

Reputations:
    I love this train of thought. Enjoy your unarmed moral superiority while your loved ones are being raped and killed. You can be a good little rule follower and wait for the authorities while a gang of thugs take turns ramming their cocks up your moms ass. Hopefully, the cops will show up before they slit her throat.

12. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    what did he misread?

13. SleepingWarrior

SleepingWarrior Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I guess, for me, this comes down to whether or not Gonzaga forces students to live in university owned dorms/buildings. If you force students into those living quarters and also place restrictions on gun ownership within them then I could raise some decent arguments, especially when they are off-campus like this apartment was.

Though the real story here is how a convicted felon gained access and the apparent lax security Gonzaga gives their "school owned" off-campus buildings.

14. Hugh Blowmont

Reputations:
    I would bet there is a lawsuit over this that overturns the school's ban on private, legal ownership of firearms as being unconstitutional. Private or not, your rules can't break with the tenants of the constitution. We've had this fight in the courts, it was called Civil Rights, schools cannot violate the constitution by banning students who are law-abiding gun owners any more than then by banning students who are black.

15. TeeDonkey

TeeDonkey Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    "...... off campus party....."

Now it doesn't say if the apartment was school owned.....but if it wasn't school owned, wasn't this kid in the right.

16. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    Yeah, I'm as pro-gun as it gets, but the school had rules. If you don't want to follow those rules, don't go to that school. I feel the same way about businesses that don't allow CCW holders to carry a gun on their premises. It's their property. They get to call the shots.

17. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    It does say university owned.

18. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    Agreed. Kids took a chance owning the gun, squashed a robbery but got caught breaking the rules. It's petty simple, actually.

I'd take the same chance, and face the music when I got caught.

But Gonzaga needs to provide better security.

19. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I don't see how Gonzaga cannot go through with the investigatory phase of this. No guns on campus owned property means no Guns on campus owned property. It's a separate issue that they used it to combat a robbery.

It's like justifiable manslaughter.

20. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    That's the thing. Recently a guy who worked at a gas station got fired because he drew his legally concealed gun during an attempted robbery. I wonder if there's a potential lawsuit there because the company forbids employees to carry, yet offers no protection even though the robbery is pretty common in that line of work.

Ultimately, it's up to the employee to take the job knowing the conditions, but it's weird that a company can say, "Yeah, we won't defend you and you can't defend yourself. Take it or leave it." And I'm not saying that a lawsuit would be justified...I just wonder if there are grounds for one.