News Good Cop Fired for Stopping CORRUPT Cop from Beating a Mentally Ill Man gets her job back

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, Jun 13, 2015.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    police abuse.jpg

promo250521292.jpg

BOGOTA, New Jersey (PIX11) — A Bogota police officer has gotten her job back after being brought up on charges of not aiding an officer and suspended and subsequently fired three years ago. She said she was harassed and discriminated against and had complained to her chief, but nothing was done. Then, when she stopped a case of police brutality she was brought up on charges and fired. She’s always insisted her real transgression was crossing the blue line.

The shocking police beat-down was captured on dashboard cam in from Officer Regina Tasca’s Bogota PD cruiser. Two officers called by Bogota parents to assist their emotionally-disturbed son into an ambulance instead tackled the man, and punched him in the head. The officers at the time even threatened the victim’s father, captured on tape. “As soon as I get off him I’ll get to you,” he threatened the father of Kyle Sharpe.

Kyle’s mother Tara, a former Bogota City Council member recounted that day. “In that moment, my son was jumped and punched, had she not been there to protect him, I can say with certainty things would have turned out quite differently.”

Tasca, the only female, and gay officer on the Bogota force to this day, had previously complained to her bosses she was being harassed by officers.

During the departmental hearing to fire Officer Tasca, the attacking officer from neighboring Ridgefield Park Police, Sgt. Joseph Rella, admitted to covering up punching the victim, lying about his training in dealing with emotionally disturbed person, and violating protocol with his tackle and punch. He was not brought up on any charges at the time, and the campaign to smear Tasca continued. Tasca’s own boss, Captain Jim Sepp, admitted he lied in his report to fire her by failing to interview witnesses, twisting quotes from Tasca and then destroying his notes used to make his report.

At the time, Officer Tasca remained committed to her job. “Being fired means I did something wrong. I know I didn’t. I protected that kid. I did what I’m supposed to do.”

2. IPrankNoOneElse

IPrankNoOneElse Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :jumpclap:good for her. Dont see enough of this.

rabbigottfried, Droog, GIRLY and 2 others like this.
  3. dawg

Reputations:
    She really is a hero. I bet other cops hate her guts.

4. dawg

Reputations:
    The Police chief lied and covered it up, The cop lied and covered it up. Shocking :coffee:

5. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    Good for her. She shoulda just sued for a shitload and said "fuck it".

6. dawg

Reputations:
    Lemmy what do you make of this? This is the first time i think i have ever seen a cop stopping another cop from doing something wrong.

Shortwave98 likes this.
  7. Lemmy

Reputations:
    Because 99.9% of all cops are evil and constantly cover for each other and never do the right thing? Yes, I'm sure it is the 1st time this has ever happened. :jj:

Shortwave98 and IfTheyOnlyKnew like this.
  8. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Lem, I dont believe this story for a second. Everyone knows there are no good cops.

9. NiggalissCage

NiggalissCage Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Gay female = hitting the PC lottery. She'll get mega paid!!

10. dawg

Reputations:
    No, the first time i have seen it. also you have a police chief covering stuff up in this case. It has to start at the top.

11. Lemmy

Reputations:
    I am shocked too.......I'm gonna have to rally up all of my other criminal thugs in blue and put a stop to these 0.000001% do-gooders on the force! :pissed:

12. Lemmy

Reputations:
    That whole department needs shitcanned apparently. If she was getting hassled and it was endorsed by the chief then there are some serious issues.

13. dawg

Reputations:
    Thanks man. And yes most cops are good, thank goodness.

14. PI Nate

Reputations:
    Leftie math;

one cop bad=all cops bad

15% of population commits 50% of the crime in U.S.= Police are racist

15. IfTheyOnlyKnew

IfTheyOnlyKnew VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Are you sure it's only 50%? :dontknow:

Shortwave98 likes this.
  16. JohnD

JohnD Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This is the big problem. The street cop really does not want to report on his fellow cops even if he knows they are wrong because there is a decent chance it will all get turned back on him. Leadership has to set the culture that bad behavior has zero tolerance and instead they too often help cover things up because the behavior reflects badly on them.

I've always had a theory that bad men and women want power far more than good men/women. The sociopaths, power trip, authoritarian etc. weasels of the world get into power with a religious belief that they should be in charge while the decent man/woman is full of self doubt. Their is a poem by Yeats that says "The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity". It's so true and you see it represented in most of our institutions. That's why we so revere a Lincoln or an FDR because it's so rare to get a leader who actually tries to do right by the general populace.

17. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This woman needs to go rent Serpico. I can't imagine why she wants the job back.

IfTheyOnlyKnew and Lemmy like this.
  18. Bs100

Bs100 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Clever.... over-exaggerate legit concerns to an absurd degree- thereby creating your strawman.... yea, all these people who thinks EVERYONE with the police is corrupt and wrong.

Why is it so scary to say there are a few cops in each department that are the poorest performers and should probably be let go. Every business in the world has turnover- well run organizations have to fire people who arent performing well enough..... A company that covered up mistake after mistake for a failure of an employee wouldnt be in business long.

These are conservative ideas- but for you two- when it comes to bad cop employees- you make the same arguments that uber-liberal types make for excusing keeping poor teachers keeping their jobs.....

Calloused Shins likes this.
  19. Lemmy

Reputations:
    JESUS FUCKING CHRIST ASSHOLE!!!!!! Did you even bother to read my other comments in the thread before posting your agenda/diatribe again? You have zero concept of sarcasm and "jokes". @dawg hates the police and me but even he still got it. WTF?!?! :jj:

20. PI Nate

Reputations:
    You said you were an atty, I expect you to dislike the police and think theyre all corrupt and liars. Believing police and prosecutors are liars goes with your job description, I have no issue with that. Otherwise being in private practice is just about money for you and not justice. Anyway, you have to admit the current climate lends itself to a negative knee jerk reaction when the police are involved. And even when facts and evidence point to police innocence, its really doesnt matter.