Sports Good News Sports Fans Skip Bayless leaving ESPN

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by joemama, Apr 26, 2016.

1. joemama

joemama Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    http://deadspin.com/source-skip-bayless-is-leaving-espn-for-fox-sports-1773145374

ESPN provocateur-in-chief and First Take co-host Skip Bayless is leaving ESPN, according to a statement released today by the company:

Skip Bayless has decided to leave ESPN when his contract expires at the end of August. His final appearance on First Take will be the day after the NBA Finals conclude. We want to thank Skip for his many contributions to ESPN. His hard work and talent have benefited ESPN for 12 years.

According to an industry source, Bayless is expected to join Fox Sports. New Fox Sports head honcho Jamie Horowitz—who worked with Bayless at First Take while at ESPN and is generally credited/blamed for the network’s embarrassing “Embrace Debate” era—has been clear about his desire to remake Fox Sports as a sort of giant crypto-racist shout show, and Bayless is the biggest name in that game. “Yes, we’re interested in all the superstars,” Horowitz told Sporting News last month. “Of course, I’m interested in Skip.”

Good riddance to a complete piece of shit off to Fox Sports which nobody watches

2. Mr Cachexic

Mr Cachexic Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    but why does he have to keep being an analyst? why?

maybe Stephen A will die or something and First Take will get good hosts and be as good as it was when it was called COLD PIZZA, bet you didn't even know it used to be called that

lastlaugh and joemama like this.
  3. gitchasum

gitchasum Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Who is Stephen A Smith going to argue with now?

4. fland

fland Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That old troll never fully recovered from the beating Jalen Rose laid on him

OV, joemama and GLguygardner like this.
  5. lisac37

lisac37 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    anybody who is not african american

nfbuckeye likes this.
  6. Swedish John

Swedish John I'm your huckleberry

Reputations:
    Got news for ya. ESPN has turned into just as big of a shit product as Fox. It's the TMZ age. Welcome.

KDK12, synch22, joemama and 1 other person like this.
  7. SlowAdam

SlowAdam misunderstood/forgotten wackpacker

Reputations:
    he talks too much. and every team is "MY insert team name here"

8. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    When not having Bloomberg or CNBC on in the background, if listening to Mike&Mike, as soon as First Take comes on, I switch over to Dan Patrick. Nothing wrong with diversity - hell that's what the major sports are full of.. but the producers of that show seem to have bent over backwards to appeal to the urban market. Skip Brainless pandering to that market and Stevie Smith referring to almost every black athlete as "a brother." What kind of backlash would there be if a Caucasian "analyst" started referring to white athletes as "my kindred blue-eyed brother." ?

and Jalen Rose calling him "Water Pistol Pete" is right up there with Jim Everett attacking Jim Rome for continue to call his "Chris Evert"

OkbyeEric likes this.
  9. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Not a big fan of his, guy does know his shit. Im sure theres work out there for him.

10. Phantom Lord

Phantom Lord Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I tried my best to ignore Skip. The time where I thought he was the most painful to listen to was during his Tim Tebow Man Crush. Even when it was proven Tebow was a flop good old Skip couldn't stop drooling and fawning all over the guy.

OV, tomg and OkbyeEric like this.
  11. Stew Nod

Stew Nod Hello VIP

Reputations:

That guy is like the Louis Farakkan of sports :jj:

12. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i liked when mark cuban came on their show and said skip didnt know shlt about basketball.

OV, synch22 and joemama like this.
  13. bluedevil30

bluedevil30 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fox is going hard after sports news talent. The grabbed Cowherd now Bayless and I'm sure they are eyeing Stephen A.

Cowherd has basically set himself up in LA with a Howard-like format and studio. I'm sure Stephen A. would love a set-up like that in NYC.

Fox Sports biggest issue is what channel are they on?

14. gitchasum

gitchasum Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    In Jersey we have FS1 on 213 and FS2 on 214. Meanwhile ESPN and ESPN2 are 35 and 36...

15. Vincenzo69

Vincenzo69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Richard Sherman gave him a good ass fucking a couple years ago too

16. Vincenzo69

Reputations:
    He doesn't know anything. Skip's endless dick sucking of Tim Tebow alone shows how little he knew

17. Chalupa Batman

Chalupa Batman Sometimes When I Shit I Cum. Gold

Reputations:
    Shit TV troll, zero fucks given.

18. Vincenzo69

Reputations:
    That's news? ESPN has been sorry for 10+ years now starting with the who is most now? Tournament

Swedish John and lastlaugh like this.
  19. Vincenzo69

Reputations:
    Anyone white

20. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    Mike Tirico is also leaving BSPN for CBS sports this summer; supposedly gonna broadcast the Thursday night games they do in conjunction with NFL Network. Looks like the rats are starting to jump ship.

It'll be interesting to see who gets paired with Gruden.

These are just some of the sleazeballs ESPN has let go; it's a dated article and doesn't include Steve Phillips for sexual contact with a worker, Jay Marriotti for domestic batter, Harold Reynolds for improper sexual relationship with a co-worker or something like that...and Rob Parker for calling RG3 a "cornball brother" as not being black enough, to name a few others that come to mind.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WILL Leitch was banned from ESPN in October 2006 after he reported various scandals involving the network’s anchors on his Deadspin sports Web site – prompting the cable channel to circulate a memo banning any mention of the site on its shows.

Now Leitch has compiled all those anchors’ peccadilloes in a book, “God Save the Fan,” in which he strikes back at ESPN with tales of bizarre off-air behavior by Chris Berman, Scott Van Pelt and Sean Salisbury, among others.

In “God Save the Fan,” due out from HarperCollins on Jan. 22, Leitch recalls the time back in the ’90s when Berman, who goes by the nickname “The Swami” on air, walked into a bar, “waddled up to a woman clad in leather, pointed at her, and bellowed, ‘You’re with me, Leather.’ And it worked.” In the wake of Deadspin’s posting the anecdote, “a catchphrase was born,” complete with its own T-shirt line.

Then there’s Salisbury, who holds the No. 3 spot on Leitch’s list of “Ten Most Loathsome ESPN Personalities.” He writes, “This blustery, mentally deformed NFL analyst reportedly took a picture of his penis and sent it out to female colleagues encouraging them to meet ‘Lil Sean.’ ” After the incident, Salisbury “was suspended by the network” for one week but “has never publicly denied the incident.”

“SportsCenter” anchor Van Pelt had his own issues with women – and with Leitch after he shared with his Web site readers a voicemail Van Pelt left for a girl he’d met at a bar, according to the book.

The message went, “Hey, it’s Scott Van Pelt. We shared a brief but exceptionally meaningful relationship last Saturday. For what it’s worth, you did pass everything on my checklist . . . as if I have any business having a checklist. At this point, I should talk to any woman who doesn’t have a club foot or an amputee. If you have four limbs and you don’t have Bell’s palsy, I probably better just be signing up.”

However, Leitch reserves his No. 1 “Loathsome” spot for Stuart Scott, who “chastised fans for booing professional athletes.”

ESPN declined to comment.