Got a conceal license?...get a discount at this restaurant

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Restaurant owner offers 25 per cent discount for diners who hold a GUN LICENCE
    • 18:29, 27 Oct 2015
    • Updated 18:52, 27 Oct 2015
    • By Jon Dean
    People enjoying a meal at Papa Roux - a Cajun-style eatery - will have their bill slashed if they can prove they can legally carry a concealed weapon
    • People enjoying a meal at Papa Roux - a Cajun-style eatery - will have their bill slashed if they can prove they can legally carry a concealed weapon

" data-type="fb-share" data-action="article:6716686" data-content-image="http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article6716321.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200/Art-Bouvier.jpg">
    • People enjoying a meal at Papa Roux - a Cajun-style eatery - will have their bill slashed if they can prove they can legally carry a concealed weapon

" data-type="tw-share" data-action="article:6716686" data-content-image="">

" data-type="g-share" data-action="article:6716686" data-content-image="">

" data-type="pn-share" data-action="article:6716686" data-content-image="http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article6716321.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200/Art-Bouvier.jpg">
    • 9 shares
    • Comments

Fox 59 [​IMG]
    My rules: Art Bouvier says he is entitled to offer the gun holder discount
    A restaurant owner is offering diners 25 per cent discount - if they have a gun licence.

People enjoying a meal at Papa Roux - a Cajun-style eatery - will have their bill slashed if they can prove they can legally carry a concealed weapon.

Owner Art Bouvier, 46, made the controversial offer after his restaurant was robbed on Saturday night by a crook who claimed to have a gun, then stole cash from the tip jar.

In a post on his Facebook page , he said: "I guess I'm going to have a hard time getting the words out right without rambling, and I'll keep it as short as I can.

"About 7:30 tonight, The Roux was robbed by an armed robber.

"Everything is fine. The croux is fine.

"And they thought quickly and calmly, and the entire incident was resolved with very little damage and even with no real alarm to customers."

He then adds: "All customers: Until further notice, your concealed carry licence earns you 25%off your meal when you dine in.

Fox 59 [​IMG]
    Papa Roux: Police officers already enjoy a discount
    "And before anybody starts in with The Roux becoming the 'OK Corral'... No I'm not advocating it.

"But hell, if thugs are going to come in and threaten our extended family with guns, you'd better believe I will use every trick I know to protect them.

"Protect our family, I mean. Not the thugs.

"Do not turn this into a debate on gun control of politics.

"My restaurant. My wall. My business.

"I can give discounts to whomever I please.

Papa Roux, in Indianapolis, already offers a 50 per cent discount to serving police officers.

The restaurateur has come under fire online for faking the robbery, or creating a "publicity stunt".

Writing on his Facebook page, the he said: "We're not condoning violence, we're not reacting in haste.

"I find it sad and unfortunate that you would boycott a business simply for having a particular legal view.

"When we lose business over something so minor, I cannot feel regret. I'm not going to suddenly say that a carry licence is a dangerous thing. It's not."

In an email to Fox News , the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department said: "It is not against the law to carry a handgun with a permit and for a business to offer a discount.

"The department encourages responsible gun ownership."

2. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    Hold on a sec...I'm a little confused. What style eatery is Papa Roux? Cajun?

BethSucks likes this.
  3. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Guns and gumbo!

Austinchota and Biff DiBiase like this.