got some SIRIUS junk mail - guess who wasn't mentioned?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by bucketbuddy, May 23, 2012.

1. bucketbuddy

bucketbuddy New Member

Reputations:
    to try to lure me back, they turned on my radio for the next 2 weeks, for free. thanks but my radio got stolen, so now some crackhead has to listen to wiggy. anyway, in the letter they go on and on about what you can listen to, even came with a nifty little channel guide card. not one mention of stern...coincidence?

2. SiriusDawg

SiriusDawg New Member

Reputations:
    They are embarrassed with Howard on AGT

3. k4D3t

k4D3t Reverse Apache Master VIP

Reputations:
    are you saying his channels are not even listed on the channel guide?

4. TSSTaylor

TSSTaylor Active Member

Reputations:
    They do these Free Listening Previews every once in a while. You won't see channels like Stern, or Opie and Anthony or Shade 45 on the free preview. Since those channels have riskier content they don't want to get in trouble for broadcasting something indecent when someone isn't paying to authorize it.
    Theses are the channels they put on the free preview http://www.siriusxm.com/listen2

5. username

username Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Sirius can't put Howard on a free preview. In his contract ALL subscribers are considered "Howard Stern generated subscribers". Sirius would be forced to pay bonuses to Howard for free subscribers. This is the reason why XM listeners can't listen to Howard, but have to pay to listen to "best of Sirius". These XM subscribers generated a bonus to Howard.

6. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Same thing happened to Marconi's radio, according to an old Stern bit.

7. slacker

slacker New Member

Reputations:
    I got the same thing n the mail... it would take me a half hour to find and hook all my old shit up, and there is nothing on sirius worth all that effort...

8. ShutupMoron

ShutupMoron Unknown Member VIP

Reputations:
    The free 14 day Internet only trial sub has H100, H101, O&A and all the other Internet channels.

http://www.siriusxm.com/freetrial?ctl_nbr=10600&campaign=FALL2011FREE14

9. TSSTaylor

TSSTaylor Active Member

Reputations:
    Exactly. Because someone is authorizing it. "By clicking below, I confirm that I am at least 18 years old and that my listening device is located in the USA or Puerto Rico; I expressly agree that SiriusXM may use the information provided above to contact me regarding Sirius and XM updates, special offers, and promotions from time to time; and that I expressly consent to such uses. By clicking below I have read and accept the SiriusXM Privacy Policy. "

10. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They have some other good channels...

11. Morrisb

Morrisb Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Another lawsuit. :D

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  12. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Someone stole a sirius radio? ahh bullshit man!

13. bucketbuddy

bucketbuddy New Member

Reputations:
    that's exactly what i'm saying. blew my mind...they're not listing EVERY channel tho - liquid metal wasn't on there either, i looked for it.

14. GIRLY

GIRLY OV

Reputations:
    Little Steven's underground garage

15. ShutupMoron

ShutupMoron Unknown Member VIP

Reputations:
    Yes, exactly that. :c

The Internet only sub is a much better deal now then the SAT sub if you have a smartphone and unlimited 3G/4G cellular data plan or WiFi hotspot.

16. terrell

terrell New Member

Reputations:
    i tried to cancel just the online part of SIRI two weeks ago. the guy in India was being a prick. so i said fine, cancel everything. he transferred me state side to "customer care". there, the guy offered me 6 months free and told me when my next bill finally comes due, call in and they'll lower it to keep me as a satisfied customer. can't be any easier. just threaten to quit and you're golden.

17. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :bump:

18. cokeen

cokeen Active Member

Reputations:
    better it was stolen than having it break 5 DAYS after your warranty expires, and siriusxm deciding to not even offer a discount on a new or refurbished one. sure, i'll pay ANOTHER $200 for a new xmp3i AND continue paying extra each month for "XM + the best of sirius" to get howard (because for many months in 2010 - after the stilletto was killed off - the xmp3i was the ONLY portable radio they had on the market...good synergy boys! :facepalm:).

i admit i liked a lot of the channels, and i enjoyed the xmp3i, even though it clearly had a secret thing built in which caused your available memory to gradually and inexplicably decrease over time (until you had no choice but to reset the device every couple of months and lose all your songs/shows...probably some under the table deal with the RIAA or some shit...when will howard address this?). i can somewhat understand the legal need for something of this sort, but the fact that XM just tried to sneak in on there without explanation (and confuse/frustrate the hell out of the consumer) speaks volumes about what kind of company they are. just mention it in the owner's manual assholes!

now the radio sits in a drawer and sirius can't have my nearly $20 a month. fuck em.