Great debate about guns between Cumia & Piers

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Omen, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Omen

Omen Well-Known Member

Reputations:

When Cumia is on point he is amazing
    Notice Opie only had his typical butthurt comments about Stern to make, but Cumia comes across intelligent & passionate without being Howards bitch (like Opie)

Great listen between to intelligent debaters

Maddysmom and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  2. thunderfist2112

thunderfist2112 Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
  3. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    While I appreciate Anthony's passion. I have to admit, I think he did a poor job in this debate. He stayed on the defensive and allowed Piers to control the debate.

When debating gun control fags, you have to stay on the offense. For example, and I see this often, anti-gun fags, use the wrong terminology. Piers kept referring to the AR-15 as an "Assault Rifle". An "assault rifle" is defined as a rifle that can fire in burst or automatic mode. An AR-15 CANNOT fire in burst mode or automatic. And for those that are ignorant, the "AR" in AR-15 does not stand for "Assault Rifle".

Anthony also let Piers control the debate by asking why anyone "needs" an AR-15 or "needs" more than a 10 round magazine. You see gun grabbers ask this all the time. It's no one else's business what anyone else "needs". Who needs a car that can go over a 100 mph? Who needs more than 2 televisions in their house? It's an asinine question and too many pro-gun people let gun grabbers get away with it. Because in the end who "needs" any guns? Who "needs" a car? Who "needs" a television? Because you can live and survive without any of the 3. The question should be who gets to decide what others "need"? and Why are you so arrogant to think you get to decide what others "need"?

And then we come to the classic argument that there needs to be restrictions on guns, because other industries have restrictions. There are already a ton of restrictions on guns. Most gun control fags are ignorant to the "National Firearms Act". This federal law enacted in 1934 and still in place today, places restrictions on what kinds of guns a person can own. Things such as barrel lengths of rifles and shot guns. Rifles cannot have a barrel shorter than 16 inches, a shotgun 18 inches. It makes it so you cannot own a firearm that can fire in burst or automatic mode. It makes it so the minimum overall length of a rifle or shotgun can be no less than 26 inches. These are just a few of the restrictions the National Firearms act of 1934, places on firearms. There are more. And that's just the Federal restrictions. States have their own restrictions as well. Some states don't allow magazines of more than a set number of rounds, or have banned specific kinds of guns, etc.

GQtaste, AcquiringSignal and Birddog like this.
  4. Effigy

Reputations:
    Also, Piers brought up the wording of the Second Amendment, which is a classic argument used by gun control advocates. Saying it only allows for a "Well regulated Militia". Here is a good explanation why their argument is false.

5. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    She was smoking hot back in the day. But she gained a ton of weight. Guess she was a fat girl in a thin girls body.

6. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    If we banned all guns in this country I wonder what would happen with home invasions?
    Criminals would be breaking into homes without fear and of course they would be armed.

7. Maddysmom

Maddysmom Kunt Banned User

Reputations:
    I somewhat agree with Piers controlling the debate but I really do only believe that was because Ant wasn't gonna go full on 'beat down' mode with a guest like that, if he had been on the phone instead of in the studio I think it would've been completely different. I really do believe it wasn't exactly a scheduled 'bit" or segment those guys set up so in that respect I dont think Anthony wanted to completely blind side Piers with a full on debate that day. All this said I fucking hate Piers and think Ant did completely fine with the argument and as much as the entire world hates Alex Jones I find his debate with Piers on Gun Control the best. "1776 will commence again Piers".......

Effigy likes this.
  8. Alisonsbankacct

Alisonsbankacct Out to lunch.

Reputations:
    What do you think of restrictions on extended magazines? I am not trying to be an asshole, btw :). I just really am not clear on what the objection would be and I'm curious to hear.

9. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    I didn't listen to the clip.
    What is Piers plan to disarm the hoods in America and all the other bad guys across the country?

10. Effigy

Reputations:
    I want no restrictions on magazines, extended or otherwise. I feel the restrictions we currently have on firearms are more than enough. And I say that because many people don't realize that before the National Firearms Act of 1934 was put in place, there was no restrictions on guns. Before, 1934 you could buy a fully automatic Thompson submachine gun with a 50 drum magazine through mail order or at your local hardware store with NO background check. And while gangsters of the 1920's and early 30's were killing each other with such weapons, there were no mass shootings of innocent people, there were no school shootings. Why is this? I don't know. But from the evidence, we KNOW it's not because guns are not restricted enough. Because before 1934 there were NO restrictions on guns and we didn't have these mass shootings.

And for those that would say it's because guns in the 1920's were not as powerful or as effective as a current AR-15, let me say if I was going to go into a room with the intention of killing everyone in it, I would much rather have a fully Automatic Thompson submachine gun with a 50 round drum, than a modern semi-automatic AR-15 with a 30 round magazine.

That's another thing many people don't understand. Semi-automatic means one bullet is fired each time you pull the trigger. The gun fires the round and it automatically chambers the next round, there is no need to "cock" the gun or "pump" the gun to chamber the next round.

Automatic means when you pull the trigger and hold it down rounds automatically cycle and continue to fire until the magazine is empty or you stop pressing the trigger.

I'm not giving this information assuming you, Allison don't know, but for others that may read this.

Also, not to insult you, but many people get the terminology wrong. One thing that bugs me is when I hear the media or anti-gun people call a 30 round magazine in an AR-15 or AK-47 an "extended magazine" or the more popular term, "high capacity magazine". Both of these terms would be wrong when referring to a 30 round magazine in an AR-15. A 30 round magazine was what both an AR and AK was designed to use. So a 30 round magazine would be a NORMAL capacity magazine, not "extended" nor "high capacity". So only magazines designed for the AR-15 that hold more than 30 rounds should be called "extended" or "high capacity" magazines.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  11. Sickboy

Sickboy Latverian Monarch

Reputations:
    She sure was hot back then, now she's Kelly La Blech.

12. Effigy

Reputations:
    I was a little too harsh in saying Anthony did a "poor" job. He did okay, I just didn't like that he let Piers dictate the debate and put Anthony on the defensive. You are probably right, that if Anthony was expecting to debate Piers, he would have gone more on the offensive. I had not considered that.