Guns 'n Roses/Metallica/ Sebastian Bach 1990 concert

Discussion in 'Music' started by RenchFries, Apr 30, 2013.

1. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;Eh9bJFRY6WU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh9bJFRY6WU[/video]

Stumbled upon this gem by accident. So awesome. Total chaos. All the guys on top of their game, crazy, fucked up and wild.

They fuck the last song up and start over 2 minutes in. Lots of crazy shit going on during the last 10 minutes.

I wish we still had bands like this. This is rock 'n roll, man.

2. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That was fucking awesome. Thanks for posting it.

3. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I saw Metallica a few months before that, 6/30/90 Rochester NY, co-headlined with Aerosmith. Best concert ever.
    There was a two hour rain delay before Metallica came out, the crowd went fucking insane when the show finally started.

4. RenchFries

Reputations:
    Still high on my list.

5. Markyjonz

Markyjonz Active Member

Reputations:
    Thanks for posting, that was great.

6. RenchFries

Reputations:
  7. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    Great post, OP. I'm still pissed at my mom for telling me that I was too young to go see Guns N' Roses in '88. I probably was but fuck her just the same. I remember the Use your Illusion shows were on a school night...which meant I never got to see the original lineup.

8. RenchFries

Reputations:
    Man, that IS a bummer. Something similar happened to me, sort of. I could had seen James Brown for 35 bucks two months before he died. My mom told me it was a bad idea because I also went to the Red Hot Chili Peppers earlier that month.

The orignial Guns must have been amazing, I'm sure. I saw the new Guns 'n Roses in 2008 and I saw Slash 3 times now. It was cool and they were good, but those guys together were something completely different. Out of this world stuff, magic...

9. jeffgq

jeffgq -Is a "Florida Man"

Reputations:
    saw the original gnr with adler on drums openin for aerosmith june 88...fuckin blew aerosmith out the door..pine knob detroit...also saw metallica with cliff burton in 86..gotta catch bands early in their career..back then anyway..now it just sucks..theres nobody i need to see early in their careers these days..its sad

10. telecaster

Reputations:
    Kick fucking ass...now that's a fine post...reps...

11. telecaster

Reputations:
    I've had multiple dates where I could've seen the Axl N' Roses version of the band but was warned by others not to go (he makes the crowd wait all night, his voice is fried, he plays 75% of Chinese Democracy until the crowd starts to leave). But I have seen Velvet Revolver twice and they were great both times, and I'm hyper-critical of these guys....I expect a good show. At some point, I'll check out Axl and his band, but I'm in no hurry. Actually, I have tickets for Whitesnake at the local fair (they were 20 bucks)...they're (or the shitty radio station) is trying to say that its the original band on this tour, Coverdale, naturally is the only original member and there has been nearly 40 people that have been in and out of that band since 1978.

12. RenchFries

Reputations:
    God damn. If I had a time machine, the first thing I'd do is to check those bands out in their prime.

There are still some cool bands around, you just gotta look for it. I've seen many bands live, and this band is not one to miss, I'm not kidding. Some of their songs are kinda lame, but it's one hell of a band to see live.

[video=youtube;tUUCk2srmDA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUUCk2srmDA[/video]

I also highly recommend you go see Joe Bonamassa live. The guy is awesome and puts on a great show. His band is absolutely terrific too.

But yeah, I know what you mean. There aren't really that many crazy/dangerous bands around anymore that make really good music. It's a bummer. I still blame Nirvana for killing the scene.

I actually saw Kid Rock a couple of years ago when I lived in Florida for a while. :c The entire local trailer park was in there, which was another cool experience that was new to me. I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. Great show & very tight band. I had a great time.

I saw Slash two times. The last Velvet Revolver show in Amsterdam and I saw him again with his new band and Myles Kennedy. Both really solid concerts.

I also saw the Axl N' Roses band (nice touch) twice. The first time was in 2006 and it was fantastic in every way. Great energy, great show, fantastic atmosphere and the crowd was really good too. The second time was in 2011 or something and it was a disappointment. Not memorable at all. Can't compare it to the original band. It ain't Guns 'n Roses, plain and simple.

I'm going to see the following bands this year: Snoop Dogg :jj, Shinedown, Alter Bridge, Halestorm, Black Sabbath.

13. EddyG

EddyG MORON Banned User

Reputations:
    Saw the Axl Rose show/Guns n roses a few weeks ago. Pretty good despite being a shadow of their former selves.