Guy robs ice cream shop, gets beat up by girl working the register

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Slow, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Slow

Slow My name is my name DawgShed News

Reputations:
    Playing guess the race is not culturally sensitive. :grad:

A scoop of drama was caught on camera this week at a Washington state Baskin-Robbins.

Rachael Bishop, 19, was at work at the Lynnwood ice cream store Wednesday when she said a man came into the store looking for cash.

“He unzips his jacket and shows me he has a gun,” Bishop told Q13 FOX. “He said, ‘I need all your money right now!’ And I said, sir, please don’t do this.”

Surveillance footage shows that the 19-year-old employee refused to hand the alleged robber the cash from the register, punching him as he shows her a gun and reaches for the money.

Bishop even chased the alleged thief into the parking lot. Authorities caught him after he ran out of the woods.

Q13 FOX reported:

“The reality is that people kind of react as they react,” said Lynnwood Police Commander Jim Nelson. “In this case, she fought back and didn’t want to be a victim of this crime.”

While the situation may have ended well this time, Lynnwood police caution people from taking matters into their own hands, as does Bishop’s boss, Chris Ahn, who gave his employee words of advice for next time.

“So I trained yesterday and said next time be careful and just give them the money,” said Ahn. “Save the life.”

Bishop admits she’s still shaken up by what happened, but not enough to keep her from the job she loves.

“I actually worked after I got robbed,” said Bishop. “My boss was, like, you can go home, but I actually need my hours. I have to stay.”

Lynnwood police later arrested a 44-year-old suspect for the robbery. They say he also had an outstanding felony warrant for forgery.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/04/24/watch-19-year-old-ice-cream-shop-worker-punches-armed-robber

2. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Dude didn't even hit the highest denomination till. What a dope. I'm glad she gave him 31 flavors to the face.

3. Stew Nod

Stew Nod Hello VIP

Reputations:
    All for 9 bucks and hour...Hope the boss gives her a fucking bonus

4. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
    Good for her. Next time take out a gun and mow the crook down :gangtrash:

IfTheyOnlyKnew and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  5. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    :haha:

IfTheyOnlyKnew and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  6. BringBackJackie

BringBackJackie Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    That's a rocky road that ice cream scooper is traveling.

IfTheyOnlyKnew, LaserT and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  7. Jayla

Jayla Ou ai-je l'esprit? Gold

Reputations:
    I know, right?

8. nearly.normal

nearly.normal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Where is the "beat up" and the "girl" part?

9. Stag

Stag Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I learned the lesson when I was 22 that there are two types of people in this world when a gun is brought into a bar fight, those who run away from the gun and those who run towards the gun. I ran away.

I walked into my favorite bar at the time to meet some friends on a Saturday night. When I walked in there was two groups of people arguing in the doorway. One group was some locals shit heads that I grew up with and the other guys where out of town construction workers from the deep backwoods where they are known for stabbing a person and letting their body lay out in the woods. The out of town guys where kicked out and about 2 minutes later I see the guy coming toward the door with a stainless steel revolver and his buddy with a 4' wooden level. Me and my friend who could handle himself both jumped off our stools and tried to go out the back door. The girl who he was seeing at the time, a beautiful blond immediately ran towards the guy with the gun to help the others fight him and his crew.

After about a minute when I didn't hear the gun go off I looked around the corner and some how they wrestled the gun from the guy and about 5-6 guys were working this guy over in the corner of the bar. His buddy managed to get the gun back and took off out of there where he hid the gun before police got there and hauled these guys off to jail.

I laugh about it now but when I was ducking and heading for the back door I expected to hear a gun shot and somebody I knew laying dead on the floor.

Slow likes this.
  10. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Seems kinda dopey. If this shit happened in Florida there'd be 31 flavors of brain splattered all over the parlor.

11. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sometimes ya just wanna do that to costumers who want a taste of every flavor.