Politics Had a huge fight with my (ex) best friend today (rant warning)

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by garypagetwo, Aug 10, 2016.

1. garypagetwo

garypagetwo The Gun Gold

Reputations:
    So, growing up, I had this best friend who I first met in the 7th grade. Then, after we were done with school, we remained best friends, but eventually he had to move to a different city to study architecture. During his time away, I noticed he started becoming more of a hippie...grew a disgusting homeless billy goat beard, and got a girlfriend who I thought was really annoying. Basically he became a hipster. Anyway, since he wasn't living in oslo anymore, we sort of drifted apart, but we remained in contact on facebook a bit, and we'd meet up every time he came home on a trip.

A few weeks ago, he came back to Oslo after a year abroad. During his time away, we actually became closer friends again, cause we'd play co-op games together online and skype a lot, and just shoot the shit. But when I met up with him again after he got home, I noticed his bad temper was back, like, he'd snap out of nowhere at little pointless things, and be kinda bossy.

So, on to today...we had plans to meet up today, make dinner, watch a movie, and get high. I left my place at 5pm and took a 50min walk (i actually got lost in my own neighborhood) to the supermarket near his place, where he was waiting. He told me he had smoked a couple of hours ago, but was still pretty high. He hardly ever smokes, and has really low tolerance. We get the stuff we need to make dinner, buy a bunch of snacks, and head to his house, cause his parents were away for a week.

We start to shoot the shit, and we're talking about things while I start making the food, and I say something like "Hey, you know "john doe", you know how he's always doing weird things? Well, I met up with him last week to go hunting for pokemon in the park, and I asked him if he'd prefer a dog or a cat as a pet, and he responded "probably a dog"".

"ok" my friend goes.

So I continued "ok so I asked him if he'd ever think of actually getting a dog, and he says that actually, he's been discussing maybe getting one with his girlfriend. What's up with that, couples who have to get a pet together? It's so dumb. Buy a dog if you want a dog, don't get a tiny token one just to solidify your relationship or something."

In saying this, I'm expecting him to agree with me, and at first he sorta does, but then he suddenly goes "you know garypagetwo, you're always shit talking people behind their backs." and I'm like "what the fuck are you talking about, I wasn't shit talking him, it was just a funny thing to talk about" and he goes no, you always shit talk everyone all the time. I start saying "dude, that's my fucking sense of humor, it's meant as a joke, and I'm not trying to say anything actually mean about someone. You always laugh at this stuff. It's observation and fun to talk about; I'm not calling anyone names or anything."

But my friend keeps insisting I'm always talking shit about people, even though I point out that the stuff that I DO say, I'm usually right about, like a friend of mine who has a super clingy girlfriend..turns out he couldn't come out with us when he was visiting town, because his gf wouldn't let him and made him be with her and her friends instead. I'm like "dude, you know I'm not trying to be nasty, it's just for fun, why are you getting so sensitive? You say stuff as well, just today you ragged on this mutual friend of ours on the phone, and it was funny"
    and he goes "yeah well that was wrong too, people make mistakes. But you do it all the time, and it's really mean to talk about people behind their backs."
    I'm like "dude, when you were abroad, you used to ask me all the time about what was going on here, and you'd keep asking for more gossip and shit for me to rag about. Now all of a sudden I'm just a rotten guy who's mean all the time?"

Then I ask him if he thinks the creators of south park are hateful people, because they satire/make fun of people and things as humor. And he actually thinks about it for a second and tells me yes, they are hateful people. The show is funny, but the 2 guys behind it are probably very hateful people. Why can't they just be nice?

I'm feeling insanely provoced by him at this point, and the food is just about ready. Why the fuck is he confronting me about this now and saying all this weird ass hippie shit, when we're supposed to be having a good time and stuff? He starts getting out plates and stuff to eat, and I just say "You know what, I think I'm actually going to leave."
    "Dude, we should be able to discuss these things like adults. We've been friends since we've been kids" he starts saying, but I fire back "well why would you want to be friends with someone who's mean all the time? That's a huge personality flaw, and it's very hurtful to me to hear you say that. And the thing about South Park.."
    We talk for 5 more min, and I know that my shaky voice is giving it away that I'm very emotional at this point. Even if he did suddenly apologize, it wouldn't change what he thinks of me; all the things he had just said.

He says something about maybe it's because he smoked, but he doesn't know how it got to this point and I'm like ok whatever dude, and I head down to get my shoes on. Just before I leave he comes down and goes "you're right, I shouldn't have brought this up now (I had pointed out that if he had this issue with me, why would he bring it up now and confront me about it like that).

I was going to take the tram home, but decided to walk instead, since the weather was nice. Spoke to another friend on the phone about what had happened, and he agreed it was totally weird, and that my friend had turned into a hippie. Still a fucking shit feeling :(

What do you guys think? Was I in the wrong?

2. Kanye West

Kanye West Yeezus!

Reputations:
    only women say (ex) best friend

3. garypagetwo

garypagetwo The Gun Gold

Reputations:
    so how would you say it tough guy? He used to be my best friend, now he's not.

4. Kanye West

Kanye West Yeezus!

Reputations:
    if you came to washington dc id beat you to a bloody pulp and feed you to the blacks

bookie, BeerCanCox, Slow and 8 others like this.
  5. Shart Garfunkel

Shart Garfunkel I brought the magic suitcase Gold

Reputations:
  6. cygnus2112

cygnus2112 In The Prep Room

Reputations:
    guy friends always make up. sometimes even after a fist fight.
    women are the ones who can walk easily away from a friendship and not look back.

7. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
  8. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    I READ EVERY DAMN WORD.

PAGE STYLE.

:cool:

9. garypagetwo

garypagetwo The Gun Gold

Reputations:
    washington dc :jj: Id knock you out cold and shove the washington monument up your fucking ass, fucking manlet loser :jj:

10. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    Oh boy I forsee a new member named John Doe.

11. cwok

cwok Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Your friend sounds incorrect, you are right.

People Gossip. It's not realistic to assume otherwise. Shit is talked about you. Get over it. Live your life.

GloriaGrace, pdx1138 and garypagetwo like this.
  12. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    Have you seen what he looks like in RL?

Imagine a retarded Incan shrek with a huge buddha belly.

:jj:

Fucking XXL Cheesesteak Melvin Choade. :jj:

Slow, hugh jasol, JameGumb and 2 others like this.
  13. Kanye West

Kanye West Yeezus!

Reputations:
    oh yea well id kick you in the balls and drop you into the potomac river to drown

Summer and JameGumb like this.
  14. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
  15. Petal

Petal A girl in a sea of mults VIP

Reputations:
  16. Donkeyboy2190

Donkeyboy2190 Never earned a dimes

Reputations:
    Make up sex is the best Gar, make the most of it

bookie, hsdramaqueen, Slow and 10 others like this.
  17. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
    AnotherDogAnotherHump.gif

18. TheMercenary

TheMercenary Collecting Light Gold

Reputations:
    If he came to you, Norwegian Customs would issue him a bodybag as they stamped his passport, knowing what you had planned for him. :cool:

19. idiotbox

idiotbox Looking for a dime and found a quarter. VIP

Reputations:
    Sounds like he broke your heart as well as your butt hymen.

20. hidden dragon

hidden dragon the princess of darkness Staff Member

Reputations: