Politics Hairdresser faces up to 6 months in jail for refusing hijab-wearing client in Norway

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by thegroovologist, Sep 9, 2016.

1. thegroovologist

thegroovologist Well-Known Member

Reputations:

"A hairdresser who threw a woman out of her salon because she was wearing a hijab is facing six-months in prison.

Business owner Merete Hodne, 47, refused to colour 24-year-old Malika Bayan’s hair and said she did not want “this evil” inside the salon.

She also claimed she would be forced to discriminate against her male customers if she had to ask them to leave if Ms Bayan could not show her hair in front of them.

The incident at the salon in Bryne, south west Norway, was reported to police in October and Ms Hodne was ordered to pay a fine of 8,800 krone (£800) by police, but she has refused to pay the fine and is due to appear in court on Thursday.

Ms Hodne could be sentenced to six months in prison if she is found to have discriminated against Ms Bayan, the Express reports.

But she said if the court rules against her she is willing to appeal all the way to the European Court of Human Rights.

Speaking to Norway’s Tv2 she said: “I fear the totalitarian symbol of the hijab which says that I should be killed, and for me it is quite unnatural to provide good service in my situation.

“As most people know hijab clad woman do not get to show their hair to men. My salon is a man and women’s hair salon.

“It would have been deeply discriminatory if I had banished men from the lounge because of a woman who could not show her hair to them.”

She added: “Evil is Islam’s ideology, Mohammedanism and the hijab are symbols of this ideology, like the swastika is for Nazism.”
    "

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...hijab-faces-six-month-jail-term-a7228166.html

2. Homerj123

Homerj123 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  3. Dream Theater

Dream Theater DAWGS E-BULLY Squad Gold

Reputations:
    I support Merete 100% in this matter!

FREE MERETE! Muzzies go home and practice your archaic religion where you belong!!! Stop forcing it on us Western civilizations.

4. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    i'd bang both of them

babybear and Stew Nod like this.
  5. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    the right to refuse service to anyone in your establishment has been taken away because whiny, leftist, cunts think that you, as a business owner , have no rights.

if a place doesn't want to serve me, i'll go elsewhere. not a big deal unless you are an attention whore.

6. face palm

face palm Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    why is she dying her hair if no one can see it?

7. thegroovologist

Reputations:
    You can't make this shit up >>>

[​IMG]

"Police may let Muslims wear BURKA as uniform in effort to boost diversity

Police
    have said they may let Muslim officers wear the Burka as they seek to boost diversity in the force.

Senior officers at West Midlands Police revealed they would discuss allowing the traditional Islamic dress to become part of Muslim female officers' uniform at a recent meeting.

Chief Constable, David Thompson, said he would look into employing officers who wear the burka as he looks to increase black and minority ethnic (BME) officers in the region to 30 per cent.

Speaking after the meeting last Thursday, the senior officer said: "We would need to consider our own rules and cultural sensitivity.

"Clearly we don't have any barriers relating to the burka.

"As it stands we have not had any approaches from potential recruits asking to wear the burka, but if such an approach was made it is something we would have to consider."

The force has already approved hijab-wearing officers and currently allows Sikhs to replace their helmet with a turban.

The hijab - a headscarf covering the head and neck but leaving the face clear - was approved after being requested by a number of Muslim women.

The Metropolitan Police introduced it a decade ago and the hijab is now successfully integrated into several forces across the UK - most recently in Scotland.

Currently no serving officers wear the burka - a dress that covers the entirety of a woman's face and body, leaving just the eyes visible - but it is hoped the move would encourage more BME recruits.

West Midlands Police are currently trying to increase BME staff from just nine per cent to 30 per cent.

The force announced its latest recruitment drive last week, and so far more than 6,000 people have applied for just 1,100 positions."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/police-muslims-wear-burka-uniform-8798237

babybear and sstressed like this.
  8. thinman

thinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    How are you going to chase after criminals wearing that thing? I thought part of the point to cops wearing a standard uniform is so they could be easily identified. So how is anyone going to know they are a cop if they are wearing this thing? Seriously wear whatever you want off the job, but some jobs by their nature require you to have apt clothing. This is just plain insanity.

9. face palm

Reputations:
    you've never heard of undercover cops? :dontknow:

10. thinman

thinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The article says nothing about undercover cops, it says its a replacement for the standard uniform.

babybear likes this.
  11. face palm

Reputations:
    that's what they want you to think

John Mahlin and babybear like this.
  12. Dream Theater

Dream Theater DAWGS E-BULLY Squad Gold

Reputations:
    Check out the judge at the :25 mark....would smooch her pooper!!!! :happyhappy:

John Mahlin likes this.
  13. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Dont we all like to play "dress up" and wear a hajib once in a while?
    image.jpeg

bennymuso likes this.
  14. Vincenzo69

Vincenzo69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Racistlivesmatter

Dorb likes this.
  15. bennymuso

bennymuso Italian by name, British by nature

Reputations:
    Nice ninja costume.

Dorb likes this.
  16. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Should be interesting to see how it turns out.

17. Vidiot

Vidiot Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This could be a good Saturday Night Live sketch: Burka Cop!

18. thegroovologist

Reputations: