Hanzi Is A Good Dude

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by TelegramSam, Aug 30, 2013.

1. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    Since Gun...HorseVSPelican has me on ignore in his thread, I just thought I'd give my take on this. Hanzi has said repeatedly on Stern (including when Artie was there) that he is on medication, and he screws up by going off of it thinking he doesn't need it (or by mixing it with weed, which he isn't supposed to do), and it's pretty obvious when he is just playing it up for the air or if he's legitimately off his meds. I think Artie can empathize a lot with battling mental illness, and the fact that Hanzi is the only wack packer he lets call his show (as opposed to hanging up on that fake stutterer Sean) says that Artie really feels for the guy, at least in my book. I know a lot of people don't like the guy, but I enjoy him on the show and hope the kid gets himself straightened out. :hat:

2. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I want Hanzi to take Mike's job.

3. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't. I want a competent, funny broadcaster to take his place. Hanzi's bullshit would get old fast.

4. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    We're not getting that until Rick's contract is up, though, assuming Artie's show does get re-upped. There are a lot of guys who would also be available by then, and Florentine has been doing a podcast for PodcastOne to try and break into radio so I think he actually might be a possibility.

5. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Are we talking about replacing Mike or Jon? If Florentine were to replace Ritchie it would be great, but I have a feeling that DTV is still trying to hang on to the fallacy that TALS is still a "sports" show, and Ritchie gives the show a small amount of credibility.

6. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    I was talking about Ritchie or Bochetti, at this point I'll take what I can get. If I had my choice I'd keep Bochetti and dump Ritchie, but I'm with you, I think they want a "sports" guy in there, even if Florentine could run circles around Ritchie when it comes to classic pro wrestling. :jj:

7. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Anyway, Florentine wouldn't be able to stand all the (mostly) faggot bands they have in there week after week.

8. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    See, I could imagine that working if he took Bochetti's spot rather than Ritchie's. If his role was kind of like how Jim Norton fits in on O&A, rather than being the co-host, they could come back from break and Florentine could bust the guests balls while Artie and Ritchie toed the company line and told him how wrong he was.

9. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Artie's way too loyal to Mike for that to happen, but we can always hope.

10. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    I wish, but...........

Ever hear Florentine's podcast? He hawks earbuds and fantasy football......................which is something he's done rants about, and begs for donations for his podcast. For a steady, fat paycheck, he'd easily stand all the (mostly) faggot bands they have on.

But I don't think the suits would go for Florentine; things would be WAY too Jersey for them.

I have absolutely nothing to back this up with, but I think the suits love Ritchie. I don't think he's going anywhere.

Florentine kind of belongs where he is; he might not be a great fit, anyway. I'm becoming a regular listener of his podcasts, but there's a huge difference between podcasting and broadcasting, and Jim is definitely a podcaster.

I wish they would just dump the mockery of the sports angle altogether and hire Gilbert for the Ritchie chair. He's been the best guest on Artie's show, BY FAR!

The problem with Mike is he is kind of compelling: Artie asks him about something, and Mike's answer makes zero sense. Then Artie asks him about his answer, and that makes zero sense. Artie, like the rest of us, kind of gets sucked in.

Mike's a vortex, but not a completely unfunny/uninteresting vortex.

And yes, Artie's too loyal and would feel too bad for what would become of Mike to fire him.

I think this is gonna be the show for as long as it's a show.

11. Mr. Potato Head

Mr. Potato Head ~Would Like to Play~ Gold

Reputations:
    NONONONOnonono! NONONO!

12. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    If Gilbert gets the co-host, Dice needs to be the announcer.

The thing about Mike being compelling, I understand. That is what initially drew me to liking him, as a comic foil. Nick and Art were razor sharp and cynical comedians and Bocchetti was slow and even slower as a comedian. Then as I learned more about him, Nick's departure, the subsequent declining quality and the show's focus on Bocchetti as a main character, the more I disliked him. I originally viewed him sort of as a weird guy who gave weird answers that made no sense to the point where I thought he was doing a character (or rather a caricature of a Staten Island Italian), sort of like Karl Pilkington on The Ricky Gervais Radio Show/Podcasts. The difference is Karl Pilkington is a blue collar guy who actually had a life and a job before getting on radio and has a little thing known as charisma, along with his very odd view of the world.

The only reason I tolerate Mike (and I mean barely tolerate), is because Artie can sometimes mine gold from Mike's stupidity, ignorance and incapability. I think the show would be better without him.

As for what would become of Mike, nothing would happen that wouldn't have happened already. He would still live in his mom's attic, using a pulley system to hoist gigantic submarine sandwiches to his room, barely performing stand-up and thinking his jokes are on the level of Rodney Dangerfield's, believing he will make it big in "The Biz" in just a few years and that Judd Apatow will call his mother's house phone and beg him to be in This is 50, having both of his feet sawed off due to diabetes then commenting on twitter on how he just lost 20 pounds, going into cardiac arrest after he gobbles an egg and mayo subway sandwich and dying... all within 3 years.

13. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    I'd pay to listen to that show! :up:

Nice one, comparing/contrasting him with Pilkington, but I disagree that the show is slipping in quality; I'm lovin' it now more than ever.

But Artie can beat a bit into the ground, and stay on Bocchetti way too long. But as you stated below, sometimes Artie hits paydirt.

I hear you, and I might not disagree. But as someone who didn't like Nick or most of the fill-in co-hosts after Nick got his walking papers, I see Mike as a step up from all those guys. I'd rather hear Mike phumpher through a nonsensical answer to a very simple question than one of Nick's "snappy" one-liners :rolleyes: or Brent Stover's milquetoast say-nothings.

great visuals, great phrasing: 10/10 :up:

14. Death Smack

Death Smack Active Member

Reputations:
    Hanzi doesn't bother me at all and he would be interesting to have in the studio, hell handcuff him and Bocchetti together at that counter and by mid-show they will be beating the hell out of each other

15. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Holy shit.

Having Hanzi and Bochetti having to share a studio apartment for a week would be gold