Happy Fucking Birthday Noel Gallagher

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by artful dodger, May 29, 2014.

1. artful dodger

artful dodger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "some might say" he is the greatest song writer of the last 20 years...

[video=youtube;wmFg19xMz3I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmFg19xMz3I[/video]

.. their impact was "supersonic"..

[video=youtube;xofRV0bgjvg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xofRV0bgjvg[/video]

you may find him in a "champagne supernova"

[video=youtube;g3C7DECI0jU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3C7DECI0jU[/video]

and his tunes may very well "live forever" (US television debut on Letterman)

[video=youtube;GUKPmXNJfug]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUKPmXNJfug[/video]

"stay young" noel you fucking wanker

[video=youtube;4V3YoT48tfw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V3YoT48tfw[/video]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

post your favorite noel/oasis moments

howard related because noel was on the show in 1997 and i'm patiently awaiting his return so howard can ooze with jealousy

cheers

2. greyt

greyt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I was at this show in Toronto when he got assaulted. it was fun!!!!!

I'm not really an Oasis fan, my friend had free tickets to the fest. Foo Fighters headlined the first night and were better than Oasis, although I'm not a huge fan of theirs either

[video=youtube;CX5JBsKih0c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX5JBsKih0c[/video]

3. Senator Rick

Senator Rick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Love this fucking song from 2011 -Noel Gallagher's solo project ...And The High Flying Birds:

[video=youtube;UunGlwccdvk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UunGlwccdvk[/video]

4. artful dodger

Reputations:
    haha cool ^

[video=youtube;tlA9SmdC01I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlA9SmdC01I[/video]

5. artful dodger

Reputations:
    right on my girl likes that song

6. Bethstampon

Bethstampon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Noel - YES, genius, rock god.

Liam - FUCK YOU!

7. cdfree

cdfree Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    If nothing else, he's a fucking funny fuck.

On Franz Ferdinand’s Alex Kapranos: "He reminds me of fucking Right Said Fred. You put on ‘I'm Too Sexy For My Fucking Thing’ next to their records and I bet you any money it's the same person. It's the same fucking person! " (NME, 2005)

On his own song “Wonderwall”: “I can't fucking stand that fucking song! Every time I have to sing it I want to gag. Problem is, it was a big, big tune for us.”

On Keith Richards and George Harrison: “They're jealous and senile and not getting enough fucking meat pies.” (The Sun, October 1997)

On Jack White: “The White Stripes? Fooking rubbish. School ties? At the age of 24? Fooking hell.” (NME, July 2002)

On Pete Doherty: "What does the word Libertine mean? Freedom! He's in the corner doing smack with a helmet on his head. There's nothing free about that. It's nasty." (NME, 2005)

On Ozzy Osbourne: “How come everyone thinks he’s great? He’s a bit of a fooking mong, if you ask me.” (NME, July 2002)

On Robbie Williams: “He's a fucking drama queen. You make a crap album then want everyone to feel sorry for you. Tosser!” (MTV, February 2007)

On Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong: "Fuck right off. I'm not having him. I just don't like his head." (NME, August 2009)

On the Scissor Sisters: "Bright colours and fucking weirdos on stilts? I'm more entertaining than that shit." (NME, 2005)

On Twitter: "If someone's barking up the wrong tree I sort of point them in the right direction, but other than that I'm not into tweeting - it's rubbish." (Teenage Cancer Trust charity gig, March 2011)

On Florence Welch: “I'm sure she's a nice girl, but she sounds like someone's stood on her fucking foot. I'm not having someone with ginger hair making music. I'm not going down that road.” (XFM, February 2010)

On Coldplay: "Chris Martin looks like a geography teacher. What's all that with writing messages about Free Trade? If he wants to write things down I'll give him a pen and a pad of paper. Bunch of students." (NME, 2006)

On George Harrison suggesting Oasis weren’t “very interesting” and could do without the “silly one”, Liam: "I still love George Harrison as a songwriter in the Beatles, but as a person I think he's a fucking nipple. And if I ever meet him I'll fucking tell him.” (MTV, 1997)

On starting Beady Eye without Noel: "I'm insulted that people think Noel Gallagher has been fucking carrying this band for the last 18 years. People were saying, 'Oh it's going to be fucking shit.' It's like, are you tripping or what?" (list.co.uk, March 2011)

On Bono’s charity-driven music: “Play ’One’, shut the fuck up about Africa.” (Telegraph, February 2007)

On Benicassim: “What a fuckin' waste of time! If it wasn't for those bloody kids it would've been a disaster. The problem was... wait for it... yes! The fuckin' PA. It blew twice! And the monitor system blew twice! It's becoming a joke. And not a very funny one.” (Oasisinet.com, July 2009)

On Russell Brand’s Radio 2 show: "Noel Gallagher, Russell Brand, fucking hell...what a pair of old housewives," (Twitter, April 2009)

On fashion: "I'm not into the skinny look. These skinny things. That's what I'm here for, to fucking get rid of that shit. You know them shoes that just come at you like a fucking snooker cue?! It's like, leave it out man! You got a license for them bastards or what?!" (March 2009)

On Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson: “[Manchester City's manager Roberto] Mancini looks good but then, all Italians are cool. He's certainly cooler than that Taggart [Ferguson] from across the road - he's a top manager and all that but he looks like a dustbin man.” (Football365.com, January 2010)

On brother Noel’s onstage attacker in Toronto: "It's not nice when you look down and see your brother on the deck. If it was up to me, I'd have cut his [the attacker's] dick off and made him eat it." (Sky News, October 2008)

On indie music: "I really despise this new fucking disease of indie fucking shit, fucking student music, the likes of Bloc Party and all that fucking nonsense. They don't keep me awake at night, but it's just shite, and they can fucking have it mate." (Esquire, March 2010)

On [B]U2 studying video footage of their live sets: “Wankers. Haven’t they got fuck-all better to do? I’d rather be out there getting pissed. I certainly wouldn’t go back after a gig and analyse it.” (Sydney Evening Telegraph, June 2005)

On working with brother [B]Noel: "Noel used to have the big vision. Sometimes he treated us like his fucking backing band. Oasis was done. Even a blind man could see it. It was: new record, do the videos, big tour, have a fight. I'm glad that routine has come to an end." (SPIN Magazine, March 2011)

On[B] Mumford And Sons: “I’m sure they’re all nice lads but that’s not for me. They look like fucking Amish people. I need music to be a bit more sexy and played by people who look a bit fucking dangerous.” (ShortList, June 2011)

On [B]Jay-Z’s clothing range Rocawear: "You're going to be fucking arrested wearing his gear and you're going to pull a really nice-looking bird wearing mine [Pretty Green]." (SPIN Magazine, March 2011)

On [B]Bob Dylan: "I know all about him and that, but he’s a bit of a miserable cunt as far as I’m concerned. I like that tune he did 'Lay Lady Lay'. People go nuts for him, but he doesn’t really do it for me." (The Times, June 2011)

On [B]Radiohead’s ‘The King Of Limbs;: "I heard that fucking Radiohead record and I just go, ‘What?!’ I like to think that what we do, we do fucking well. Them writing a song about a fucking tree? Give me a fucking break! A thousand year old tree? Go fuck yourself!" (Thequietus.com, March 2011)

On [B]The Strokes: "We weren't fucking scared of them the first time we heard them. We're not fucking scared of them now!" (NME, March 2011)

On [B]Brother: "Them little fucking wankers? Yeah, I've heard about them. What is it they call themselves, 'gritpop'? They're just fucking little posh kids with tattoos, man." (NME, December 2010)

On [B]NME: “If you see an NME journalist at any of the gigs (and let's face it, they're pretty easy to spot; they don't stray far from hospitality, wear God-awful clothes - particularly the shoes - got dreadful hair and that kind of “mug me” look about them), give 'em a clip round the earhole from me and tell 'em to behave.” (MySpace, June 2009)

On [B]Kaiser Chiefs 'being wankers': “Well, they are, though. The worst thing about them is that they’re not very good. They play dress-up and sit on top of an apex of meaninglessness. They don’t mean anything to anybody apart from their fucking ugly girlfriends.” (Time Out: Chicago, December 2008)

On [B]Jay-Z: “What did I think of Jay-Z doing 'Wonderwall'? It was pretty funny. But I’m not sure one should be seen in public with a white Stratocaster.” (Blender, August 2008)

On [B]Keane: “I feel sorry for Keane. No matter how hard they try they’ll always be squares. Even if one of them started injecting heroin into onto his cock people would go ‘Yeah but your dad was a vicar, good night’.” (Herald Sun, October 2008).

On the worst possible psychological torture: “Being sat beside Liam on a 15-hour flight. It happened just the once, going to Japan or somewhere. It's just horrible.” (Melody Maker, December 1999)

On [B]Liam: “He’s rude, arrogant, intimidating and lazy. He’s the angriest man you’ll ever meet. He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” (Q, April 2009)

On the [B]Beckhams: “Why is Posh Beckham writing a fucking book of her memoirs? she can't even chew chewing gum and walk in a fucking straight line at the same time, let alone write a book.” (NME, September 2001)

On [B]Liam: “I read these interviews with him and I don’t know who the guy is who’s in these interviews, he seems really cool, because the guy I’ve been in a band with for the last 18 years is a fucking knobhead.” (Herald Sun, October 2008)

On [B]Thom Yorke: “No matter how much you sit there twiddling, going, 'We're all doomed', at the end of the day people will always want to hear you play 'Creep'. Get over it.” (The Daily Telegraph, February 2007)

On [B]Coldplay: “The Man has taken over the world. All the kids have to look up to now are bland, faceless fucking trainee police officers. Liam should be given a knighthood! You couldn't imagine Chris Martin from Coldplay laying out a photographer for taking a picture of his kid!“ (NME, September 2001)

On [B]Liam imitating John Lennon: “He was talking in a Scouse accent for three days. He told me I should refer to him as John and I was like, 'I just prefer 'cunt', man.” (The Guardian, June 2005)

On [B]kids: “Kids are so fuckin' thick these days that they are very easily influenced, aren't they?” (The Guardian, June 2005)

On [B]Blur: "Damon Albarn is a fucking knobber. And his guitarist - who I thought was all right - seems to think that he's some intelligent superhuman being, the fucking idiot. I never met the drummer and the bassist, who I first didn't like and thought he was a cunt, turned out to be quite all right. But I don't like the music, and I don't like the singer." (NY Rock, December 1997)

On [B]Damon Albarn & Alex James; "I wish they would catch Aids and die"

On [B]The Smiths; “As for Johnny Marr, there’s nothing he cannot do on a guitar. The man’s a fuckin’ wizard.”

On [B]hip-hop; “I fucking despise hip-hop. Loathe it. Eminem is a fucking idiot and I find 50 Cent the most distasteful character I have ever crossed in my life.” (The Guardian, June 2005)

On [B]Paul McCartney; "... I don't know, I think he's just going senile, isn't he?"

On [B]Madonna; "Six hours! In a gym! You sleep for eight, right - so that's 14 gone already. What do you do with your one hour off?"
    [/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]

8. Bethstampon

Reputations:
    Every song in this live theater performance is gold.

[video=youtube_share;ZkxJCXvqOFk]http://youtu.be/ZkxJCXvqOFk[/video]

9. Nibbler

Nibbler heaven is in your mind Gold

Reputations:
    I love him. He gives me goose bumps

[video=youtube;69FHLPI-QMY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69FHLPI-QMY&list=PLF29D950F935633F7&feature=share[/video]

10. Nibbler

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;Z4VaaJn1c_U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4VaaJn1c_U&list=PLF29D950F935633F7&featur e=share&index=8[/video]

11. Nibbler

Reputations:
    ^^
    two of the best songs ever

12. Nibbler

Reputations:
    I'd agree with you, but you are a little creepy.

13. artful dodger

Reputations:
    liam is the man noel is the myth oasis is legend

that he is, nice compilation

thanks for that

14. Bethstampon

Reputations:
    So those are all Liam quotes? He is a talent-less hack who rode on Noel's genius and then spit in his face for it.

15. Bethstampon

Reputations:
    You got me mixed up with someone else, sister...what did I ever do creepy?

16. Nibbler

Reputations:
    I'll think of something.

17. artful dodger

Reputations:
    here's an unreleased demo that may or may not be on his next solo project

[video=youtube;Tmm6jtZu_1c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmm6jtZu_1c[/video]

18. Bethstampon

Reputations:
    I'm pretty sure you got me mixed up, you and I have only said nice things to each-other in a couple of reps. Maybe I teased you once in neg list thread but I don't even think so...

19. Nibbler

Reputations:
    Maybe I lumped you in with those other guys in that thread. Please accept my sincere apology. :eek:

20. Bethstampon

Reputations:
    For Nibby:

[video=youtube_share;C4IouDT4GTM]http://youtu.be/C4IouDT4GTM[/video]