Harvey Weinstein and Meryl Streep new movie to make NRA ‘wish they weren’t alive’

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, Jan 16, 2014.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    Harvey Weinstein and Meryl Streep new movie to make NRA ‘wish they weren’t alive’

Producer reveals secret project to Howard Stern

By Emily Miller
    -
    The Washington Times
    Wednesday, January 15, 2014

[​IMG]

Movie producer Harvey Weinstein announced for the first time on Howard Stern’s radio show that he is making a full feature drama to try to destroy the National Rifle Association.

Mr. Stern asked Mr. Weinstein on Wednesday whether he owned a gun. The Hollywood heavyweight replied that he did not and never would. “I don’t think we need guns in this country. And I hate it,” the producer said. “I think the NRA is a disaster area.

Mr. Weinstein then revealed his secret project about the gun rights group. “I shouldn’t say this, but I’ll tell it to you, Howard,” he said. “I’m going to make a movie with Meryl Streep, and we’re going to take this head-on. And they’re going to wish they weren’t alive after I’m done with them.”

The shock jock asked whether the film was going to be a documentary. Mr. Weinstein said no, that it would be a “big movie like a ‘Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.’”
    The movie mogul said his vision was to scare people away from firearms. He foresees moviegoers to leave thinking, “Gun stocks — I don’t want to be involved in that stuff. It’s going to be like crash and burn.”
    The chairman of the Weinstein Co. (formerly Miramax) is one of President Obama’s biggest fundraisers. He brought in more than $500,000 from his Hollywood friends for the president’s re-election campaign and the Democratic National Committee in 2012.
    The 5 million members of the NRA are law-abiding Americans who are active in preserving the right to protect themselves and their families.
    Mr. Weinstein thinks guns are necessary for self-defense, but only in other countries, during genocides and if the weapon is not personally owned.

Mr. Stern pointed out the inconsistencies in Mr. Weinstein’s earlier comments about a project about Jews defending themselves during the Holocaust. The producer replied that the justification for using a gun is “when you’re marching a half of a million people into Auschwitz.”
    Mr. Weinstein does not seem to know that the Nazis were able to confiscate the guns that the Jewish people owned based on Germany’s government registry.
    Also, the producer said he would have used a gun to stop from going to a concentration camp if he “found a gun, and if that was happening to my people.”
    Mr. Weinstein has been watching too many movies if he thinks the good guys find fully loaded firearms in convenient locations to use only when necessary.
    Before Mr. Weinstein and Miss Streep start production of their multimillion-dollar effort to persuade Americans to give up their guns, they might want to look at the history books of what happens when you do.

Of course he'll never "own" a gun, like that other fatass hypocrite Michael Moore, he just leaves gun ownership to his security detail.

2. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    I'm sure the NRA is quaking in their boots. :jj:

it would be great if some wing nut shot this piece of shit... Wonder if his bodyguards don't carry either? A true believer like this fat fuck wouldn't allow that, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

3. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Thanks Howard!
    :facepalm:

4. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    I conceal carry, no one else, right Robin?

5. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
  6. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I can't believe how far Howard has fallen.

7. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    Was he agreeing with Harvey?

Is Harvey on drugs? Insane? What a dumb movie idea.

8. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I did not listen, but disarming law abiding citizens (especially Tea Party types) is one of the things on the agenda.

9. blottomsup

blottomsup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm no gun fan, but this comment is just dumb.

10. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    "No one should have a gun except weinsteins body guards and me. Right Robin?"

11. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Leftys never mention Whine-Stein money and media power when they whine about the evil Righty money and power, Robin.

Obama never has a problem selling out a room full of wealthy influential leftys to raise money.
    I know someone that knows someone that says these events are full of hypocrisy. Wealthy planet rapers whining about global warming and helping the poor......as long as it doesn't interrupt their amazing lives.....:jj:

12. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    i don't think so. I think it was another, classic doodling moment. He sort of just let Weinstein blurt out a whole bunch of crazy shit.

...then Howard talked over him, steamrolling into his next question. :coffee:

13. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Sounds like the Corgan interview. If you go on Stern at this point, you're looking to unload unprodded.

14. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    So, just another day on THSS.

if Howard didn't have his Hollywood delusions, he would have called him out on that. Those statements are ridiculous.

And why did they change the name Miramax?

15. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    It was some jew powerbroker move, they sold Miramax and founded the Weinstein Co.

16. Samurai

Samurai Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Weinbag is just trying to gin up controversy and publicity. His latest Meryl Streep epic, Osage County, ain't exactly lighting up the box office.

Heck, the NRA is probably glad this blowhard is going after them. They'll probably raise more in new membership revenue than he will off that likely flop.

17. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    I hope Sean Penn is involved!

18. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    None of her movies really do. Check out her films on imdb and then check their gross. I think The Devil Wears Prada was the most successful (money-wise) film she's been in.

19. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    It's a cute idea but something so many of the Hollywood elite don't understand is how their position affords them to hold such opinions. They live behind guarded walls where violence rarely occurs and outside "invaders" are dealt with by private military contractors and a highly cooperative government police agencies.

It wasn't Beverly Hills where the King Riots occurred. It was in the non-gilded parts of the city. It wasn't Robert Redford getting beaten up by a gang of thugs. It was Reginald Denny.

The disconnect is astounding. It's like asking why "those people" over there huddled around a fire are shivering from the comfort, and great distance, of a limousine.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  20. Phantom Lord

Phantom Lord Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There are ways to debate, make arguments, promote a philosophy, and get your point across. The idea is to get others to see your perspective and hopefully reconsider theirs. This is not the way to do it. Why...because you can easily make your opponent much stronger. Case in point, last year after Sandy Hook legislators rushed, and I mean rushed, to put new gun control laws in place. Then Dianne Feinstein immediately used the momentum to push her assualt weapons ban. When all was said and done, there were record sales of AR-15s, record CCW permit applications, and probably a million new people joined the NRA. The only negative is that it is still difficult to find some calibers of ammo because people are still buying it like crazy.

I would suggest Harvey take a good look at what he wants to accomplish and if he thinks rhetoric like, "they will wish they weren't alive," is going to scare them, then he needs to do more research. Just ask Piers Morgan, Dianne Feinstein, Michael Bloomberg, Joe Biden, and a couple of congressman in Colorado who were recalled recently for thinking the same thing.