Has any celebrity ever been as intensely hated by his former fans as Howard Stern?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by porker159, Jul 2, 2014.

1. porker159

porker159 Member

Reputations:
    The same conditions that made so many millions fall in love with Howard, and essentially buy into his cult of personality, are what have driven so many to intensely hate him after he "betrayed" everything he once stood for (Hamptons Howie, marriage to Beth, AGT etc).

Is there any other celebrity who has a website with thousands of former fans who are literally *obsessed* with hating him?

HowardsPrenup likes this.
  2. Princess Kitty

Princess Kitty You Knew VIP

Reputations:
    I believe every celebrity is being hated. Ever been on Twitter?

harlock likes this.
  3. porker159

porker159 Member

Reputations:

Yes, they are hated... But not by people who once loved them.

4. 2 2 Toothie

2 2 Toothie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Then and now I don't hate him (Stern)…don't love him either. Used to laugh with him and now at him. Both he made easy to do!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
    Brokenbad, scooottt and bobblebooey like this.
  5. Chuck Kongo

Chuck Kongo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Metallica (counting a band as a celebrity) probably comes the closest that I can think of.

In terms of having so many fans that once loved them but now hate them.

XaltedSmoke and Mr Fantastic like this.
  6. NyMarkNy

NyMarkNy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Its tough because a band puts out an album once a year and maybe you see a show or two. An actor puts out 2 movies a year and you spend 6 hours being entertained. Howard Stern and the show was a part of everyone's life for 5 hours a day (or whatever your ride to work was) year after year. No one else did you spend so many hours gaining entertainment from than you do a radio host with a long running show.

What sucks about Howard is that you were entertained so much by who he was and to see him now is like watching an EPIC movie for with amazing build up only to realize you invested your time for nothing because the last hour was pure shit. You feel ripped off by the trailers, the hype, and feel like a dick for wasting your time and forking over your money.

Old Howard still rules (but its amazing how much his homosexuality was so blatant even early on). Even today listening to the Jesus Twins episode his first remark is that they are very handsome guys. Why the fuck would that be one of the first observations upon viewing their video for a straight man? Plus all the gay bits now are longer a parody since gay was taboo, but rather a "hyper-straight" guy living out his gay fantasies in broad daylight.

The Howard Stern show fucking ruled for a number of years. Great guests, amazing discovery of talent, and Howard while certainly not being a musician in the orchestra was an amazing conductor. But now hes on autopilot and the conclusion of his career is monkey shit.

7. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Jesus? The Jews turned on him pretty quick...

8. 2 2 Toothie

Reputations:
    :fil: Obsessed? No way. Entertained on Dawg Shed? Absolutely. Stalking Howard? Laughable. I never, ever thought Howard stood for anything other than whatever he could do to earn marboes. Always thought he was smoke and mirrors. Entertaining yes. Never went to his movie, never bought his book, didn't stand outside when he was here in Hollywood and don't watch AGT. Not a glimpse. And yes I enjoy Dawg Shed immensely because its entertaining and exposes Howard's crap. That his ex-fans do it is even more enjoyable. I will leave the stalking to Bobo and MFB. People Stern doesn't pay don't call anymore (there is a thread list).
    If Howard had only stuck to his successful brand, continued partying under the radar, gambling, drinking until he was either too old or retired, he would not have an ENTIRE Dawg Shed blog named after him. But one night in a dinner club Beth walks up to him and even you find yourself here.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
    XaltedSmoke, rilagent and PelicanWig like this.
  9. TheWonk

TheWonk POTY Music Forum

Reputations:
    Fellow closeted homo... allegedly... Michael Jackson.

2 2 Toothie likes this.
  10. dalecooper

dalecooper Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They also share a severe case of body dysmorphic disorder. I can't wait for Howard's plastic surgeries and fashion choices to enter into MJ territory as he gets older and crazier.

11. Big Bad Booey

Big Bad Booey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Roman Polanski?

XaltedSmoke likes this.
  12. 2 2 Toothie

Reputations:
    already there

13. BarberFloyd

BarberFloyd God Bless DuPont Chemicals Banned User

Reputations:
    Eminem really sold out for me after the Brisk commercials and the "Recovery" album

[​IMG]

14. Chuck Kongo

Chuck Kongo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Lebron James probably would have approached Stern level contempt if he hadn't finally won 2 championships (most sports fans are faggits who will jump on the cock of anybody who wins a championship).

Take 'The Decison' and going 0-4 in Miami instead of 2-2 and Lebron would probably be about as popular as chlamydia right now.

I would say Lance Armstrong might be as hated by former fans as Stern though.....

Daemon and CrucifiedAGT like this.
  15. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Hiding in plain sight...:coffee:

16. blindbella

blindbella Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There are some musicians who I absolutely adored when they first started out, and then their stardom sort of sent them off into the atmosphere, and that got me kind of upset. But ultimately, they did come down from the stratosphere when their fan base silently (or not so silently) began to fade away. It forced them to reassess the situation, and since then, they have made great music.

However, Howard was part of my everyday life since 1984. I never stalked him, never stood in line for a book signing, but man, did I listen religiously. I always say that the day I was on the show was the best and the worst day of my life, because that began my disillusionment.

Beth, the cat mansion, AGT, the celebrity ass kissing...it's nonstop. And he is so oblivious to everything. But perhaps more than anything that turned me off to him are his asshole fans. The ones who think he can do know wrong, the ones who do stalk him, the ones who will sell their babies just for a chance to meet the "King of All Media." Maybe I was too busy living a real life, so I never noticed what was going on. But when these "superfans" smell "Stern" on anybody, they pounce. I don't need to be surrounded by these freaks. And the funny thing is, Howard has no idea they even exist and DOES NOT CARE about them. Maybe that's what I hate. That Howard hates his fans.

(Sorry for the babbling - it's early)

17. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Has there ever been a celebrity other than Howard who had such a fiercely loyal fan base and then shit all over them by making them pay for him to totally sell out so he and his gold digging wife can be accepted by the elite in the Hamptons and Hollywood?

I agree the closest may be Metallica when they went up against Napster and by default their own fans.

PelicanWig likes this.
  18. Ta Ta Toothy

Ta Ta Toothy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'd say Obama. I don't know if there's a website created by former voters who fell for his "rockstar politician" status, but clearly a lot of his followers finally woke up and are turning on him with a vengeance.

19. MorningSong13

MorningSong13 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    When Dylan went electric, he also stopped working Thursdays and Fridays. And filled most of his show with AGT talk.

LobsterTails and TheWonk like this.
  20. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    A while back I tweeted Shavar Ross "Dudley from Diffrent strokes" asking him if he still catches heat for getting raped by the Maytag man. I was looking at something and I saw his name, decided to tweet and bust his balls. The whole thing took about ten seconds. The guy went fucking crazy on me. He's got a little bit of Eric the Midget mentality going on. A pointless story I know, but it makes me laugh when I think about it.

kingship, PelicanWig and Ta Ta Toothy like this.