Has anybody ever tried calling into the show only to be given the third degree.......

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by bigbump, Apr 3, 2012.

1. bigbump

bigbump Member

Reputations:
    by paranoid call screeners? I first called in wanting to talk about what the deal was with the nosey chinks (I said Asians) wanting Nick and Artie fired. They said there's no more talk about Asians and Linn. Then I called back, and apparently they have caller-id, and right away they said "no" before I could say anything and hung up on me. I called right back using *67 and said I wanted to talk about the final four and the riots and the douche said they already talked about it and before he hung up said call back if you have anything you want to talk about. So I guess it's true, they're on a final warning for being shit canned. The shows gonna suck balls, but I'll keep trying to get through. The guests (sports writers) they have on are a total bore.

2. Senator Rick

Senator Rick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I called in and got through twice way back when... after Jackie left but before Artie became a regular. At least once was when Craig Gass was trying out for the Jackie chair.
    Never had to deal with any asshole paranoids though... I think it was either K.C. or Will back then who were screening calls.
    Once I got a girl screener and she hung up on me... goddamned Yankee heifer.

3. RODFROMBAYSIDE

RODFROMBAYSIDE Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Will is the call screener and is a really nice guy. They just arent allowed to talk about the Lin/Asain stuff and if they already talked about a subject they rarely go back to it so he wanted u to call in with something different.

4. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I concur--the call screener knows who I am and doesn't even give me the schpiel about cursing on the air anymore--he knows I know how to roll, but the key is to have a sports question (and then not to necessarily ask it) on hand for Will. Anything extra, especially pop culture stuff, they pooh pooh it, even though that's the best thing about the show.

5. mattyfishrip197

mattyfishrip197 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    rod ..how do you know will is nice...have you talked to him before

also

i talked to stuttering john once ...but i didnt get on the air....i forgot what is was about...but they wanted some information...about something...and the whole show not 1 person knew anything...it was at the end of the show and i just told john to tell whoever the info...i was like on hold for 30 minutes but john did check in with me every 10 minutes or so

6. PeaceDog

PeaceDog Active Member

Reputations:
    The guy who answers the phone is a douche, end of!

7. RODFROMBAYSIDE

Reputations:
    I usually talk to him for a few min when i call in and he seems like a really nice guy

8. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I never have a problem with Will the screener & always get through.
    The only thing was once I had to explain to him who Joba Chamberlain was. He had no idea who that was. I'll give him a break, since he's on the west coast...but it was right after Joba broke his ankle....so for a sports show screener, he should have known.
    But otherwise, he's fine & never questions me.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  9. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016 Gold

Reputations:
    I may be wrong here but i think the OP was talking about calling into Artie's show, seeing as this is the Artie forum and such.

10. RODFROMBAYSIDE

Reputations:
    He is talking about calling into Artie's show and Will is the call screener for Artie's show. Not Will Murrary