Has anyone had a positive experience with a chiropractor?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by ApeFace, Aug 18, 2014.

1. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Something in my back gave out about 10 years ago. At the time I tried PT for the first year and a half or so. All they really had me do was sit ups. I chalked it up to getting fatter and standing and playing the guitar so much. Ten years later and it's never gone away. My new doctor suggested a chiropractor. I always thought they were quacks. The guy has basically promised me a miracle. I've been to him twice and I must say the adjustments are pretty amazing. He is saying I should be good to go in another month. He's making it sound so routine that I'm waiting to see how the scam unfolds. I assume he's going to try to keep me hooked forever, but he doesn't talk like that. I'm super sceptical but the guy is so convincing. Has anyone been "cured" of back pain from a chiro? I know the wigged homo has always said back pain was all in your mind. Maybe I'll get the dr. Sarno book.

smichal likes this.
  2. Mr. Potato Head

Mr. Potato Head ~Would Like to Play~ Gold

Reputations:
    She never let me fuck her.

3. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  4. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    i would say the happy ending I got was a positive experience

5. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    They've actually made things worse for a couple of specific people I know.

PelicanWig and smichal like this.
  6. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    Chiropractic medicine is about as worthwhile as going to a psychic or having someone give you an enema for a detox.

7. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    I get adjusted for back spasms when they I get them. Nothing but good things to say here.

8. ApeFace

Reputations:
    That's my biggest fear. The guy is associated with a reputable medical group. That's the only reason I'm entertaining it.

9. ApeFace

Reputations:
    This guy is making it sound like he's going to fix the actual issue that's causing the spasm. He's saying in 4-6 weeks I should no longer need to see him.

10. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Had great results with one because i had a disc compress and grab the sciatica....Not fun...Tried accupuncture first, did nothing...Then i went to a surgeon who wanted to cut....I didn't like the idea of that and finally got the # of a guy who had good success from others i've known....It took time, probably about 4 months before the pain subsided but that was because my sciatica was so inflamed from being pinch for such a long time.....Eventually it got back to normal....There were times afterwards when i would do something to fuck it up again but i would get right in to see him and in no time it would straighten out....Once you have a bad back, you'll always have it, but i swear by my guy

ApeFace and Metalheavy19 like this.
  11. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    As a guy that knows a little something about this, I will tell you that generally they are attached to a DO family practice group as a placebo for patients that have back pain that is untreatable for one reason or another or to pile on billing for a rehab center.

12. BethsFeet

BethsFeet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Everyone I know that has gone to one HAS to keep going back to get something "straightened" out. Most say the pain is significantly reduced after a visit, but then it will come back, and sometimes in other areas.

PelicanWig likes this.
  13. Shithead

Reputations:
    Knock on wood, but i haven't had to see my guy again in at least 10 years

14. Beets Teeth

Beets Teeth Active Member

Reputations:
    I had back issues several years ago and finally went to a Chiropractor. Took about 6 weeks of adjustments to get it realigned and I have never been better. I still go occasionally when I feel that I need realigned and it always fixes the issue. I drive a lot for work which is very hard on the back so I now use a cushion in the vehicle that is designed to take the pressure off my tailbone and it has been the best thing I ever did. The key is finding a good one that is reputable and once you do you will be sold. They can't fix everything and the good ones always take x-rays before they adjust you to make sure it is not something like a disc problem. From what you are describing I think you have a good one and the timeframe to get the back adjusted completely is similar to my experience. Good luck and stick with it.

DrSublux and ApeFace like this.
  15. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    I got a negative impression from a 60 Minutes expose like 20 years ago. This group of quacks was signing up little children and entire families to milk the system. Be careful.

John Sterling, Lou Skunt and Tinman like this.
  16. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    Have great results, although my guy seems to operate very similarly to a PT. Haven't been there in years. Whenever I go back it's because I stopped doing the exercises he told me to do.

Not saying there aren't quacks, but insurance companies wouldn't pay for chiropractors if it were a scam.

17. Scarlett Ohara

Scarlett Ohara VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    You should also look into acupuncture. My ex had a bad back and I finally convinced him to see my acupuncturist. His pain was gone right away.

18. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    I used to get these terrible spasms in my neck, they would seem to come out of nowhere--suffered for years, went to a chiropractor 2x a week for about 6 months, then once a month for a year. never had one again.

She did not use the cracking stuff, she used an activator--I have no idea how it worked, but it did

[​IMG]

19. Shithead

Reputations:
    And take your wallet out of your back pocket

smichal likes this.
  20. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    I remember that. The guy had the kid lie on the mom and was pulling on the kids legs to help the mom or visa versa. Crooked as fuck.

I used to think they were a scam as well from that, but a guy I trust referred me to his chiro and I've been very happy.

smichal likes this.