Has anyone in the history of show biz went from cool to lame worse than Howard Stern?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by IAC78, Jan 29, 2014.

1. IAC78

IAC78 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Can you give an example of anyone on par, worse or hell even close to as much of a hypocrit douche than Howard turned into? Someone or something that once was considered cool, cutting edge, inovative etc but then did a total 180 and became a total laughingstock joke? Someone who went against so many things they preached at the time they were considered cool?

Off the top of my head the closest thing I can think of are bands that are widely considered to have sold out, Metallica might be the biggest name. Still, IMO Metallica have not sold out, changed etc anywhere near as much as Howard has.

Eddie Murphy maybe?

2. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Chevy Chase?

Metallica seem about even with Stern. Concert pianist during 99,999th performance of "One" at the Grammy's = Beer Can Cock.

3. IAC78

Reputations:
    Yeah but every old band plays the hits a million times. Im sure if Keith Richards died if you stuck a guitar in the hands of his freshly dead corpse it could still twitch out "Start me up".
    The pianist, definently gay but I still cant put Metallica on the level of sell out douchery that Stern has achieved, not even close.

4. IAC78

Reputations:
    I dont just mean rock bands that got big, got super rich and got old. Selling out is one thing. Im talking about how Howard has went against so many things he preached for years. How he seems to be a totally different person that when he was at the peak of his popularity in the 90's. I cant think of anyone else who has changed so dramatically.

5. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    If we're talking world views, didn't Dennis Miller go from libtard to tea party?

Prince used to make raunchy sex songs but now refuses to perform the really lude or explicit songs like "Erotic City" after going Jehova's witness.

Jesse Ventura used to be a big dumb wrestler, now he thinks he possesses insight.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  6. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:
    he went from goofing on Leno for doing soft tv with no edge to crowning the most talented dog acts to play at state fairs and basketball half-time shows across America

also ripping off Ellen's dancing bit is pretty pathetic

7. IAC78

Reputations:
    Yeah Ive heard that. Im not as familiar with his politics/stand up to have noticed a dramatic change. Perhaps people who are Miller fans would agree.

8. datchguy

datchguy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Fatty Arbuckle. :grad:

9. SillyOldMan

SillyOldMan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I can't think of a single person. The best I can come up with is maaaaaaaybe Kim Kardashian. Kim got famous from a sex tape and by desperately seeking every bit of attention she could squeeze. But now she is complaining about the paparazzi and is at least claiming she wants to keep her daughter completely out of the show's cameras, even though she had no problem milking her sister Kourtney's kids on the show. It's a bit of a complete reversal of her character once she reached a level of fame.

But Kim is going to broadcast her wedding on E!, so she is still out there whoring herself out.

10. John Smith

John Smith Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Wow, these are some shitty examples. Point taken, IAC78.

11. IAC78

Reputations:

I get what you're saying but Kim K was never really considered cool, hip, inovative, cutting edge etc. Stern has went from one end of the spectrum clear across to the other side like no one else has ever....

Put it this way, all of you that listened to Stern for years. If you could have been given a glimpse in the future back in like 97 and told about what Stern would turn into, would you have believed it in a million years? No fuckin way.

12. fland

fland Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  13. IAC78

Reputations:
    Exactly, and thats just a small example of what's he's turned into.

14. freder28

freder28 Shit mult Banned User

Reputations:
    Robert Van Winkle was once on top of the world. Then...
    Also, honorable mention to Dice.

15. IAC78

Reputations:
    Good example of a sell out but we pretty much only know Deniro as an actor. He's never really been interviewed enough over the years to get a good sense of who he is as a man. In his case I can see where he's coming from. He did all these highly acclaimed, critics wet dreams roles for years. Earned huge respect as an actor, almost unparalleled but probably not the best paying. So he said "Fuck it, Im a legend, I need to get paid like one." and he started doing cookie cutter bullshit to get paid.

16. datchguy

Reputations:
  17. wujekcity

wujekcity Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    didnt Mancow pretend to be a total bad ass and now is some preacher?

18. datchguy

Reputations:
    He's on Fox News every once in a while with his cheesy fucking radio announcer voice. :facepalm:

19. IAC78

Reputations:
    Bam... Along the lines of what Deniro did but yeah, Ice Cube is a slam dunk for this topic.

20. John Smith

John Smith Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    In that case I submit Johnny Rotten. From "Anarchy In The U.K." to this:
    [video=youtube;7mSE-Iy_tFY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mSE-Iy_tFY[/video]