Stern Show Has anyone read the NSAL reviews on Google?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by YodaQuiversStern, May 12, 2016.

1. YodaQuiversStern

YodaQuiversStern Turn and face the strange

Reputations:
    https://www.google.com/webhp?source...e&lrd=0x89c288cc216769d5:0xfe6940222c01b71a,1,,

Here's a sampling:

Victoria Buckley
    in the last week
    At the beginning of our search to adopt a dog we had heard from many people "Oh just go to North Shore." I was a bit skeptical about going because the reviews were so mixed online but I decided to give it a try. I wish we had never gone.

First off, when we got there we were very confused on how things worked because no one greeted us or asked us if we needed help or what the hell we were doing there (mind you it was not busy.)

Second, we decided to get pre-approval because we did not see any dog we wanted but with pre-approval it lasts for 90 days and we could come back if they received more dogs. As we were filling out the forms, I witnessed one of the workers DROP a puppy and it hit it's head on the hard ground floor. The puppy was clearly hurt from the horrible sounds that it was making. I waited until the veterinarian checked him out and the workers told me he was apparently going to be okay.

At the same time as we waited to see if the puppy was okay, we had called a reference we planned on putting down and she is very connected to the adoption scene on Long Island because she takes care of dogs. She told us, "You can do whatever you want but I strongly suggest against getting a dog there. For some reason a lot of the dogs there end up sick. And my dog that I had gotten there was pregnant and the shelter didn't inform me of it, whatsoever."

With that swimming around in my mind and it dawning on me that this sort of thing could be happening continuously to the animals there, I felt so uncomfortable being there anymore.

We ripped up the pre-approval form and left right away (after learning the puppy was okay.) I was so haunted by the sounds the puppy made and the sound of his head hitting the ground that I cried the rest of the way home. I wish I had never gone there. DO NOT GO THERE. We'll be trying the shelters, Bobby and The Strays and Ruff Shelter, next.

Amanda G
    4 months ago-
    Brought in a stray dog...it needed a home..a place to stay. I'm not a dog person and I can't bring him home to my house...I was hoping the shelter could accept and care for the dog...but no...they refused it and said I need an appointment..I'm like WHAT? Need an appointment just to take in a stray dog who is in desperate need of a home? I told
    them my situation thoroughly and this dog needs a place to stay and they just gonna say no, make an appointment? A guy told me to take it to the nearby precinct.
    Nearby precincts don't even accept dogs..He was very misinformed..Disgusting. But then when they see people abandoning the animals, they are quick to call cops. How do they expect people to do the right thing if you give them no option to do so?

ed guy
    3 weeks ago
    I adopted 2 cats from North Shore Animal League roughly 1 year ago

I was told while selecting 2 cats that required "extra care", no medications would be necessary. I filled out the paperwork and as we were on the final stretch, going out the door, a different person hands me a bag with some medication (Enalapril) inside and proceeds to tell me one of my cats requires it twice a day.

After discovering my one cat needed to take medication, I asked if they could mail the medication, as North Shore Animal League is 40 minutes each way from my home. I was told this would not be a problem.

Flash forward 2 months and I am getting low on his medication. I give North Shore a call to schedule a delivery for some more medication and am told I must come in to receive the medication in person. I am also informed that every 6 months I need to bring my cat in to be checked by the vet for his condition or they can not give me the medication.

Each 6 month period I bring my cat in, they only give me 2 months worth of prescription. I have successfully received the medication through the mail on 3 separate occasions. All the other times they required me to come in and pick them up in person, without my cat.

Depending on who your talking to, you get a different story, very frustrating. I am repeatedly transferred from department to department and my call is always getting dropped.

Almost every time I call, for any reason, someone tells me the paperwork regarding my cat just wasn't put in right.

Even though the people working/volunteering at North Shore Animal league appear to have reasonably good intentions, and this is a no kill shelter, which is great, I am going to have to remove 2 stars for a severe lack of coordination, planning, and responsibility.

2. wigtropolis

wigtropolis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i was dropped on my head too!!!!!!!!

3. Mulletude

Mulletude I'm Big In The Hate Club, Ya Know VIP

Reputations:
    Nice to know that the millions of dollars that were donated to that boondoggle are going to good use. Do Rachael Ray and Billy Joel know about this? :crying:

4. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
    No

Why the hell would I Google the NSAL :wtf:

5. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You know what to do...you know what to do...

[​IMG]

6. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    Getting a job or going to the gym is for faggots.

7. Sloppyjoe

Sloppyjoe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    "buy a calendar you cheap fucks"

8. Mulletude

Mulletude I'm Big In The Hate Club, Ya Know VIP

Reputations:
    To arms! Once more unto the breach, Gary Puppet. Once more!!

CrucifiedAGT, OV and PSU Shower Room like this.
  9. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    Money laundering scheme

10. DrivenByDemons

DrivenByDemons Spinoff Jesus Staff Member

Reputations:
    I google PAWG

11. Wiggy

Wiggy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Because you have way too much free time on your hands, asshole face.

sino8r and CrucifiedAGT like this.
  12. Mark Mayonnaise

Reputations:
    Yeah but shit I'll use it trying to beat Final Fantasy 5 or something

13. Wiggy

Wiggy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You've won this round son, but I'll be back.

Mulletude likes this.
  14. Mark Mayonnaise

Reputations:
    I'm at the last boss but he's kicking my dick in

15. Wiggy

Wiggy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fill your hand you son of a bitch!
    (Insert John Wayne meme, or Gif, whatever in the fuck those little clips are called)

Mark Mayonnaise likes this.
  16. Mark Mayonnaise

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Wiggy likes this.
  17. Wiggy

Wiggy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Works for me!

18. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
    No surprise at all. Probably got a recommendation to get involved from dear old Dad DDS.

19. SuperFarts

SuperFarts Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

20. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Sooo many charities use a heart warming cover as a ruse

They are a total sham

WHTHS, MAEROZE and reno like this.